Chapter 218 — Main Kingdom Is Moving
83 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Main Kingdom Is Moving

 

 

 

Another two days went by, it has been officially 8 months and 15 days since the release of the most well-received game and first 'true' virtual game in the world. Not much has rained even though so much time has gone by already. Not only did Rising Essence not lose any player, for real, not one a single at all. But they instead gained even more and more players as time went by and, as many marks of clothing, food and even cleaning products were advertising the game, Rising Essence, rather than the Crestfallen Industry or the Crestfallen Clan.

From around 7 billion initial players, all who were either curious of what kind of unique wonder of the world has the Crestfallen Industry presented once again, or because of the fanaticism, desire for science and even the love of games; summed up to the point that the calculated numbers for the playerbase in the next already rumored expansion were to be of 10 billion players at the very least.

In a way, those who were interested in games, either from too little or by too much, became mad in discovering this unique world and this unique new life granted onto each of themselves. While those who entered casually, by 'mistake' or simply out of curiosity, became hooked at the moment they experienced real life the very first moment they were spoken by a NPC, namely the people like those whom Yun Beishang was received by when he first logged in after talking to that shadow figure.

So many lives have gone by, and many things have also occurred. Whenever a player indiscriminately killed a NPC, it was either players or the system itself that would make the virtual life of that player a true hell. For as, even though there was a huge understatement made against the virtual people inside the game, more and more 'real' people began feeling that the NPCs weren't just for making the game feel alive; but to make the world give sense. Not only to players themselves but the NPC themselves!

It wasn't hard for a player to 'record' a documentary of NPCs and their daily lives. It could also be done by a player with either a skill for concealment or a class specialized in that subject in one way or another, or that allows one to do some concealment better. And after so much months have had already gone by, so many more and even more skilled documentaries were out as well, naturally, the way in which the latest ones documented the daily lives of NPCs was made professionally compared to before. And as of right now, besides the system's penalty of one's own Race and one's own Fame. Even if Fame was decreased though, it did not meant that one would get bad reputation overall; it was a discovery that was made long ago by some researchers-wannabe players, but was furthermore developed recently.

As long as a player did heinous crimes, most NPCs would have a horrendous attitude towards such player. Should the player in question act in even more vehement ways, it'll be to the point of having a Race or two, and many factions, against them completely. In short, they'd be the enemy of a Race or two, while being the target of countless factions. At such a point, there was no longer any need for them to play anymore, right? But, the system allowed the players a chance for retribution.

Usually, a player imprisoned by either the system or NPCs would be forced to pass a few days -at most- in prison, every single second without counting those while being offline. But, for the 'retribution' arc of these players, they were needed to work, fight and die for NPCs of various settlements. Besides that, they would be discriminated, brutally abused in verbal and physical but non-sexual ways as well as looked upon in horrible ways by even the chickens of a village or the kids of a small town. Let alone the guards and merchants at the Main Cities or at some small cities.

Other things like, the behavior of NPCs being that from which many historians could relate to the long, forgotten ancient ways of humanity of their own New Earth and so on. Yet, with most of them having a sense of intelligence unfitting of how those historians saw 'the people from before'. Instead of being ignorant, petty and retrogressive; these NPCs were mostly smart individuals that would recognize even the latest instruments made of and for magic itself. If anything, the discrepancy between outside the innermost center of the Main Cities and that of whatever was outside, looking like the mud and a well-polished jade so as to name it in some manner; were the cause of many people of many different professions to doubt the 'medievalist' of the game.

When people began taking notice of it, more New Earth's civilians itched to become part of such a well-spoken news of everyday; either from rumors, news, sensations and even scandals. Whatever it was, after so many months of the game being released and talked about, would that not make anyone curious?

And just like that, the last 2 weeks of Rising Essence were especial. Especial as in, because everyday, at the very least, 100,000 new players went inside the game for the first time; and to stay.

More often than not, as the game became -besides well-known at this point- impossible to ignore; once the doubters realized that to check for themselves whether or not this 'such a world' was real, they only needed to get a GT of their choosing at the nearest Crestfallen Industry branch and that it was free, flocks of little ants moved towards a little spot on New Earth. And such scenario repeated itself thorough New Earth like it was a plague, and now, from the Novice Villages that didn't suffer because of players' behaviors; became buzzing once again albeit nowhere near to what it has been before.

Of course, one of the biggest, renown and eye-catching sensations of such a life-changing project such as 'Rising Essence'; was totally uncaring of such. In fact, were he even to know of it, two fucks would most likely been given.

Clank! Clank! Clonk!

*PING*...you've obtained the mineral x12 'Thin Obsidian Chunk' as a result from your mining, you've received x3 the same amount due to the Peak grade of your Miner Sub-Class.

*PING*...your Miner Sub-Class has advanced, now Peak-Low grade.

"Haaah! Fina-fucking-llyy~~!" It was done, Yun Beishang was done, all of the obsidian material existent in the surroundings have been cleaned up completely. Thinking of so, Yun Beishang exclaimed towards the clear sky as he was a few kilometers under the ground-level.

"Brryiaaa, brrrrrr~~!!" As empathetic as she could be, Little Rosey also gave the sky some raging roars and growls as soon as her big bro began claiming for freedom at the sky!

Looking back to see Little Rosey, Yun Beishang was slightly surprised that she had such a ferocious look on her face as she truly faced the sky as she hated it. Thumbs up towards hi little sister, Yun Beishang then proceeded to store his blue-marine Pickaxe.

[Prominent Glorious Pickaxe]: Type: Special Item, Grade: Luxurious(Evolvable), Properties: There is nothing much to say except for the fact that this tool is the one and only 'best friend' of a miner! Though there are other devices that would allow ANYONE to mine, it does not compare to the hardworking profession that a true, old-school miner is, whether it be by efficiency at gathering minerals or simply doing so in a safer manner. Note: it won't be able to work on items that are of a higher grade than that of a mortal's knowledge; it helps with the speed mining of items by a lot. Bound by Tongqiu.

After receiving so many thousands, almost a couple of tens of thousands of obsidian from many different kinds and grades, Yun Beishang got so bored that he ended up upgrading his Sub-Class tools; from all of his current 6 available Sub-Classes of course. Evolving them all up to the Luxurious grade, Yun Beishang only felt slightly sad that there wasn't a Sub-Class Tools Leaderboards so as to let his dear little tools become the most beautiful and perfect in the world, ah.

Still, with such things said and done, Yun Beishang ended up having almost 60,000 of such materials that even helped to upgrade items to the Luxurious grade without even being a Luxurious graded item itself. At the same time, he took less time to build the big ass kennels for the future lives of the many Abysmal pets that he was indirectly rearing. As for food, Yun Beishang only had to make a quick sweep through a forest or two and take all the raw items that he found from animals and flora/food to the White Space for those little fuckers to eat.

As for the Abysmal babies, there were already a few dozens that became as big as a 2 storey house out of nowhere. So it wasn't that urgent to create high-'tech' kennels just for them.

Even then, Yun Beishang could easily advance his Sub-Classes a little after getting out of there.

He had already achieved the Peak-Low grade in the Miner Sub-Class, just now. And while his Blacksmith Sub-Class was now at the Advanced-Peak grade and his Gardener Sub-Class at the Advanced-Peak grade as well; the Gardener Sub-Class was actually about to become Peak grade while the Blacksmith Sub-Class barely reached Advanced-Peak!

As for the Smith Sub-Class, Yun Beishang was now at the Intermediate-Advanced grade. While the Book Writer Sub-Class was at the Advanced-Low grade already, reason being that Rosey liked lots of drawings coming from flowers, flowers... and lots of flowers on a god damn large field.

Being a Book Writer wasn't only for lore purposes or to create maps here and there, it had many more uses even as simply as drawing something, creating even newspapers and even to that of... creating books! If Yun Beishang created books, wouldn't that be amazing? He could help Little Rosey now with her own problems in the actuality while they would help his little newborn darlings once they were born!

As such, though creating accessories that aided him in specific ways, either by effects or stats was alright; creating books was his top priority besides grading up his Builder Sub-Class.

As for the Builder Sub-Class, however, Yun Beishang was already at the Advanced-Intermediate grade!

There wasn't a good enough reason to explain, all had to do whatever the Sub-Class Efficiency+200% that his Petals of Destruction Armor Set and his Mental Power, Intent and Heart Connection could contribute to. Yun Beishang found out that the max Sub-Class Efficiency as an extra that players could have, was of 200%. And his Petals of Destruction Armor Set which gave a total of 203% was more than enough for him to gain extra knowledge and experience for himself rather than for the progress and advancement of the Sub-Classes at his disposition.

Besides that, the speed at which he worked, got results and tested more and more new and newer things; was considerably reduced as soon as Yun Beishang started to once again go through 'everything' once again. From creating the newest Kindness and Benevolent Intermediate-Potions as well as enhancing all of his equipment and even his newly created accessories.

To even creating books that could record a skill. However, for that, he still needed to reach Peak grade at the very least.

Then, as for the Builder Sub-Class, Yun Beishang only needed to reach Peak grade to create what he had been lusting for over months without a single day not thinking about it; namely, buildings and structures that could keep on evolving endlessly!

Not only that but, even if he were to use extremely specific materials that had unique and extremely eccentric effects, properties and so on; they would remain thorough the following evolution without being discarded or transformed into some useless effect.

The best thing was; if one wanted to merge one effect of such building/structure, one could do it perfectly as they wished with the correct materials and mastery. Similarly, it wasn't needed for said structure to evolve to merge with one of their effects; one could simply retain that previous effect with the newest one. Naturally, one needed incredible great mastery to accomplish such a thing. And even if Yun Beishang himself were to reach the Peak-Peak grade in his Builder Sub-Class, he was more than confident that he would be useless when attempting something like that. Even with his maxed Sub-Class Efficiency+200%.

Nevertheless, only one more little step, and he'd be able to at least start on that road. And start to create the forever-going world-scale fortress that he's been so delusional about for the past few months.

Now, he only needed time; time and experience with his Sub-Classes. For, as of right now, Yun Beishang had everything except the capabilities to start building all of that. Let alone to evolve it into the future he so much planned for so long.

Naturally, these thoughts wouldn't have emerged, if it wasn't because of the Forge and Create Sub-Class branch. It was already too much powerful of a thing that he had thousands of points for Mental Power and a few hundred for another two hidden stats. If he could create these 'things' out of nowhere... nah.

Anyways, Yun Beishang was finished with his cleaning up of the area and was now going to move towards the main settlement that has had been fending off against the Abysmal Race as they were constantly ignored by the people; be it 'Journeyers' and NPCs alike.

As for the 'area' that Yun Beishang cleaned up, it ended up being x4 times as wider of a scope that he had previously thought it would be. Making this endeavor a two days and a half work without stop instead of one or two at most.

And as for the uniqueness of the obsidian materials/items, Yun Beishang proved it to be hella worth it the moment he studied with the Prominent Glorious Chisel and Prominent Glorious Duster before, right before starting to mine everything away~.

[Obsidian Born From The Void]: Type: Material/Mineral, Grade: Useless-Magical, Properties: A uniquely one-of-a-kind item, even to that of the remote Ancient times, such an unique item was impossible to see for more than each every 100,000 years even in Main Kingdom. There is no records in the actuality except for a few mentions of it in the long forgotten, almost destroyed libraries and books of some of the Myriad Races. It is formed from the unknown residual energies from Essence having gone through the atmosphere of the Kingdom in question. It cannot come form a being as only the ever-existent flow of Essence could create such a wonder of the world, where even G?ds lust after such an item, let alone thousands!

Yun Beishang could discern the 'overall' potential of such definite data thanks to his already Peak-Low grade Miner Sub-Class. He couldn't simply discover everything from the obsidian items with his Mental Power for a certain strange, unknown reason. But he could easily deduce with his own self that all this material were important, and after reading the overall potential of such, he became even more fervent on taking it all by himself!

With this... with this, Yun Beishang could play, and for long. He could play lots of fun things and make them even more terrifying in the future.

In truth, at the end of it all; that old man back at Yun Beishang's Novice Villa, giving him his precious teachings and experience, were about to become the terror of many.

. . .

 

Moving on for about 40 minutes, Yun Beishang and Rosey arrived at the foot of a mountain that seemed to be carved open naturally. It wasn't the case, as it was a hidden central of operation from the previous peaceful and ambition-less villagers and townsfolk; that have had united up to face off against the Abysmal Race in a manner of do or die.

They went from happily living in harmony, to even 11 yo children forming squads to train and to become proficient in killing. Whatever the killing was employed at.

As the two siblings, one older and one adopted, walked into their territory. Several dozens of squads consisting of at least 12 different people each blocked their path towards their beloved 'last stand'.

They didn't said anything as they weren't trying to kill them both, but simply warning them that they were not allowed to enter. It was; pretty simple.

"Halt! Is that you, Sir Tongqiu?" A voice came from behind the multi-race linear formation of squads with stern expressions on their every face, dubious and hopeful at the same time.

"Ah, told you to drop it to Tongqiu. Ah, yes, it's me." Yun Beishang responded after he heard the same boyish voice, soon after, he saw a little elf girl run out from the line of defense from the numeral squads in front of him.

At that moment, a powerful voice went out and informed everyone's of their official's presence: "Vice-General Chief in Command present, attention!"

Tak-tuk-taktak-tuk-tak!

Immediately after, the Myriad Races of squads dropped to their knees in utter devotion, their free right hands strongly hitting their own chests right were their heart was located at, as not all Races had their heart in the same size nor location perfectly the same as others.

"Yuppiii~!" Contrary to the respect she was being given, the little girl jumped to Tongqiu's arms with fervor and joy, only letting him go after remembering the little girl that accompanied the young warrior Tongqiu around.

"Rosey, tehee~! So pretty~!"

"Grrr, ptrrr~..." Slightly unwilling, Rosey only relented once she was enamored by the little girl's countless efforts at getting in her good books. Yun Beishang smiled slightly, enchanting anyone who saw him who could never see it before and even those who barely saw Tongqiu for the first time: "Okay, thank you for receiving us, lead us to your mommy, okay?"

"!"

"!!??"

Yun Beishang's words immediately caused disbelief towards all of the squads around, they were waiting to see the Vice-General Chief in Command turn the cold and bloodless little goddess that has had rescued their millions of lives more than once without being even slightly injured. Of course, those previous rescues were from not a wave of countless Enlightened beings, but a small sea of Abysmal creatures. Naturally, even the strongest among them weren't capable to save more than a few lives, let alone millions of them all at once. She was their little goddess if at the very least.

"Mn! Come here Big Dearest Brother, mother has told me that she wished I was born earlier to grant you my life in exchange for your help! What a pity that Big Dearest Brother isn't fond of my brothers..."

Yun Beishang: (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Rosey: ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Myriad Races of Squads all around: (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)...

 

...

 


Let It Rain's Note: Why are these sudden NPCs important? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, we will be going downwards the Azure Dragon's lair in a jiffy!

V3: #1 8/10

1