Chapter 434 — Guiding Voices’ Rescue!!
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guiding Voices' Rescue!!

 

 

 

But Yun Beishang knew that there shouldn't be only 1 'main' BOSS, after all, in these kind of game it is really rather known for there to be at least 2 and in some cases; with a hidden BOSS or 2 at that. In the same manner though, even as what was happening was indeed a raid, it was in truth more of an event.

This meant that there would not be any repetition of these occurrences, and with understanding because, the battlefield was just really damn too large and the ongoing of each second for this war was just too damn dealt with head on and there was barely any room for strategies.

Even then, it could be clearly seen that the Inhabitants had a lot of cooperation and understanding among each other, how could they not understand their generals' orders when he was basically sending them all to death, yet for seemingly the only way out? Because, if they were to lose, then it wouldn't matter, but... what if they actually won and still had no Guiding Voices around?

That's why, no matter what, they had to deal with this other totem that seemed too magnificent to ignore or for it to be useless as well as unimportant. Or else, they might get stuck inside this pocket dimension for ever, with only the Journeyers being able to go back home on the outside while the Inhabitants slowly rotted.

For as even thought it has been about another half an hour since the marching towards the 'totem' began,  and as several more billions fell while they took care of their right wing and the Journeyers took care of any Enlightened grade and Heavenly grade BOSSes, they were still the most united, cooperative, synchronized and well organized of the two parties even after so much mental toll.

Now, Yun Beishang's absence was more than obvious and notable, but no one was caring a lot since even at these huge numbers of enemies, Tongqiu should still be pretty weak compared to the blatant amount of Heavenly grade BOSSes and tens of billions of Demons; or so they thought.

And in fact, it was so, Yun Beishang would have to use his Tongqiu's Rain Destruction over and over again and, even thought he could restore his MP and Stamina up like it was nothing, the fact that he'd have to do that countless times was already headache inducing enough for him to feel great by not doing anything as time passed by.

Which he did; and even as some generals felt like going back and dragging him from the ear, they couldn't dare either because of Tongqiu himself or because the situation at hand was too intense.

Flesh, dismembered limbs, eyeballs and even bones were flying away in any direction, there were no more traps and only a huge amount of Demons were encompassing the entire Communications Disruption Device while the rest were making time and tiring out the rest of the Main Kingdom Vanguard forces as the latter came infinitely closer to the totem.

And after so long, such a thing finally happened. Baston, Raoundozia, Selina, Oco and so on, led the entire charging remains from the Main Kingdom Vanguard... even the Inhabitants. Even if some had a difficult time admitting it, they have had taken The Order's spot in their hearts, precisely so when the latter had literally defected in the very beginning of such an all-out fighting of a massacre.

Strangely though, both sides were now facing each other with their people on each side having already more or less achieved a balance of sorts, with the Journeyers having adapted enormously to the Demons patrons and weaknesses by also avoiding their strength and putting those down as soon as possible.

They actually became, more or less, the leading factor of the Main Kingdom Vanguard as it survived not only the ordeal at the beginning where so many traps almost instantly plummeted half their numbers. And not only as they finally managed to construct their already well thought and prepared towers, missile launchers, magical cannons and so on.

With the magical cannons and whatnot, was the way in which the Journeyers aided the Main Kingdom Vanguard's Inhabitant army groups to maintain a foothold while they were all still being bombarded. And in the same manner, the terrible tenacity of the players being able to become so much better at resisting the attacks of Demons and the was that their 'healers' could enhance and restore their vitality back; was really what made all Demons, their allies and the Main Kingdom Vanguard forces amazed.

But even as the Main Kingdom Vanguard also had humans and that were the most dominant in terms of quantity, they weren't like the Journeyers that ended up having so much more efficient ways of dealing with the enemy compared to what it was planned beforehand.

And now, as they were all facing the last few elites and army, supposedly that is, of the Demon Race. The people behind them, Baston and company, were simply breathing in and out evenly, as if seemingly not damn tired at all.

Huu...

Haaa...

With the constant breathe in and out, they weren't noticing a change way to their left on the west and that was the source of the Demons being so anxious, so panicky and so sacrificial right now. And even Yun Beishang only knew what was happening inside of this place, but not why nor for what reason, he could only think of the information that he's gained before from Harlofk and Rasa but nothing more.

. . .

 

Step, step, step...

At this time, a general made his way towards Baston, taking a stance with half a step behind the latter and as the former also placed his left palm on top of the latter's right shoulder. The general opened his mouth, a huge gash that went from the middle of the bridge of his nose to his left eye that was now nowhere to be seen splurging out blood and bits of flesh as he opened his mouth looking all stern and dignified.

"YOU. WILL. NEVER. GO... ON!!!" But at this exact moment, a 5 meters tall Demon spoke out as he walked out from the frontline that consisted of several 7-10 meters tall Demons, bulky as hell of course and from any of the both sexes.

"..." Baston and the general were taken aback, this was the first time they ever heard a Demon speak in this whole Warmonger expansion, there were stances of some Demons speaking before, but those were the most humanized looking ones as they were all tortured a little before being killed off at where the shadowy portals leaded before.

"...You will see whether we keep on going... or not!"

Whoosh... swish!

Baston declared, his left handed sun-like sword pointing at the Demon who suddenly spoke out in words filled with blatant hatred directed at both himself and their doings. Before then sweeping his sun-like it to his left and down below in the termination of his words being spoken, as he then turned his head to the crowd and lightly called out.

"We must advance, now everyone, please prepare yourselves. Whether we win or not, will be determined in this last messy skirmish, so now... FOLLOW ME INTO BATTLE!!"

"HUAAAH!!"

"YEEEEEEH!"

"AAAAAAAAHH!!"

In a sudden burst of needed encouragement, the entire side of the Main Kingdom Vanguard rose up in morale as limbs of many sizes, composition and skin color showed their bows, guns, rifles, swords, pole arms, shields, daggers, staffs, books, whips and so on. Their entire bodies were slightly trembling at the mere notion of it, and their veins bumped harshly blood that it showed in their wrist that they lifted.

Step... Step... Step... Step... Step... Step...

STOMPSTOMSTOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMPSTOMP...!!!

At last, with the steps barely being heard from how infuriated their footsteps had become, the Main Kingdom Vanguard were the only ones to move as the Demons calmly, quietly and hopefully looked at the incoming myriad races' growth, and hoped to win more than anything; time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH...!!!

... ... ... ... ...PPUUUUUUUKK-PAAAAAH!!

CLANK, CLENG, CLINK CLINK CLINK! BOOM, BANG! BOOOOM!! THUD THUD THUD!!!

With the cries of war going on, they were abruptly stopped and halted at once with the collision of the Main Kingdom Vanguard against the now defending Demon Race, the sounds of swords, pole arms and shields striking against one another's weapons, armor and defensive gear sounded out.

The sounds of many parries, blocking and deflecting attacks, movements, skills and talents ringed over and over again as the 13 billion Inhabitants, 2 billion Journeyers and about 20 billion from the Demon Race's army exchanged blows to no end, with thousands of them falling by the few seconds.

The sounds of guns, rifles, rocket launchers, bombs and missile launchers detonating their whole shit thundered all across the battlefield, be it from the Demon Race's side to the other and vice versa, there was never a moment where mangled flesh, separated limbs and random organs flew around everyone's eyes as they kept fighting; to the death!

And the sounds of the most extreme, melee ones at the frontlines and around it, that were using their bodies to either save their important, critically more efficient comrades or by exchanging harsh, cruel blows with one another's enemy as they were then bombarded and wholly annihilated without a sense of remorse.

There was nothing that could stop them, well perhaps there was, but that did not meant it would just happen.

'I wonder how nice it would be if I could lower my own HP without needing Rosey or deliberately letting myself get hit, hm.'

As Yun Beishang thought inside his head while looking upwardly, as he was standing on top of a mountain of all kinds of flesh that belonged to the two sides' people, now incomplete corpses overall. The people fighting on the distance were growing so much less and less in number so fast, so absurdly fast that it looked as if it was ordinary and casual to do, but was definitely not.

And while they, conveniently or not, ignored the now 10,000 shaman Demons that were to the utter west of the battlefield's borders; where the barrier was. As they began to glow with a flamy obscure darkish color but with mainly a pale orange color prevailing as it took form around each and every single one of them as if becoming an aura.

They stood now in formation with each of them being in a simple line, that was yet all in front of the barrier in a straight line, where their hands could just lightly be pulled or extended backwards and they would perfectly reach the wooden strange walls.

Then, right now, as it was close to the hour of fighting in an incredibly ruthless demeanor. With both sides being well below the 10th billion mark by long, there was a sudden burst of power being exerted as about the remaining 3 billions Inhabitants began glowing with a disgusting, purplish and greenish dark energy from their bodies; from their hearts.

"What is going on?"

"What-what is this?!"

"D-de-dear?"

"I'm sorry..." With some rare couple consisting of an Inhabitant and a Journeyer, shocking most crowds, especially the Inhabitants as they seemingly became sobered up and wanted nothing more but to be able to say goodbye; but as it was already too late...

"It has to be done, you all, Journeyers... we may have failed to complete the fight for Main Kingdom. But you can all... continue, and finish it!!" An old and bulky general, the last of them all; spoke. His voice was really hoarse right now instead of any magnified one, and his left tattered and halved hand was placed atop Baston's right shoulder, just like the other general did before.

It was a nice gesture to which Baston became a bit self-absorbed in with.

On the distance, Yun Beishang saw this as Baston wavered, but trusted the boy wouldn't crumble down anyways. And once he saw Baston nod and remain silent, with his gaze still one of indomitable will, Yun Beishang nodded before turning to look once more at the west, ignoring the putrid, disgusting and familiar smell from the actions that were about to proceed.

"Thank you..." Baston could only utter as he felt a strong gaze leave him, but he spoke towards the general as he could already understand what was about to happen. And how could he not? With the extremely shocking information reviewed by none others but him and the inner circle of those in an alliance with The Order, given by Tongqiu himself, ab out the NPCs...

It was striking, it could make one's brain melt for a little at seeing the stupidity of it, but it was nonetheless something that had to be believed in. And in the end, it happened to be true.

[Death of the Fallen!]: Ignite your entire being, failing to Fall and instead sending your entire souls to the utter oblivion as the force and energy your puny death produces will be utilized automatically to end with your enemies, or those around you in case there isn't a target to choose from.

This skills that was present in all of the Inhabitants, nor Baston nor anybody else would've want that, let alone on others that were supposed to be their dear allies. And so, was the way in which Baston and the 'inner circle' were all convinced of doing just this; 'going ahead and supporting the so-called resisting forces for survival until there was the use of this skill'.

And just as Baston was thinking of this, the old and bulky last general of the Main Kingdom Vanguard slowly churned into purplish and greenish dark smoke that coalesced, altogether, up above the Main Kingdom Vanguard forces as they somehow began to feel themselves to be targeted by it; something magically terrifying.

Becoming a spiral that remained on the spot, as it slowly turned shadowy and full of lifelessness, the Demons looked with utter shock and fear; while the Journeyers that were the only ones alive from the Main Kingdom Vanguard that was basically no more... felt targeted in the wrong way instead.

But, after a few more seconds, that feeling was gone, as instead, what they felt was the feeling of that 'targeting' sensation leave their bodies as the spiral above their heads began to move. And the direction that it too, was towards the 'totem' that they so much hated!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!"

"GRWAAAAAAAAAWWWLLL!!!"

"ST-OP-IIIIIIIIIIITT!!!!" Suddenly, endless grieving voices called out in total horror as they saw the spiral of energy move their way. Sometimes, it was purplish, others greenish dark, and others... it was simply disgusting to look at, but it always remained shadowy and had no real substance yet was extremely fearsome at the same time.

Plop, plop, plop, plop, plop, plop!

Numeral Demon bodies began to explode, while some other didn't even had the chance to do as much as even breathing for as there were some 'tentacles' that came out of the spiral form in the air and directly touched tens of thousands of Demons at the same time, instantly incinerating their bodies as the power of their being dying was absorbed by the totem and not the spiral of energy and power.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH....!" It didn't take too long for the spiral to begin traveling at an insane speed. Since there was still quite a long distance to travel for the Journeyers to reach the totem for at least their ranged and magical classes to have enough range to attacking it, it would've taken them another 30 full minutes of only full running to arrive before it.

But now, the spiral of energy swiftly arrived there in 5 minutes, all while killing off countless and countless Demons' bodies that were absorbed mostly by the 'totem' and only a tiny bit was taken by the spiral made of disgusting energy. There was no room escape, should there be any at all, that is.

For as no Demon, no matter their age, sex or role in this war, they all threw themselves to the spiral of energy. But to no avail, as in a few sweet minutes, it not only arrived but instead, heavily collided against it. A huge shockwave swept thorough everywhere, harmlessly, but from whose smell made Yun Beishang almost retch into vomiting instantly.

And as Journeyers witnessed this happen, at first, there was no sound. But then...

Clap...PKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

...but then, there was a huge image that blinded them for a full 2 seconds before they could slowly start to regain their sight. Only to discover that they never lost their sight, but was  instead the fact that the everything surrounding them, even the rest of the players, their clothes, the ground they were no longer feeling and their own hands and flesh; weren't visible to them at all was due to darkness itself.

A darkness so absolute; a darkness so pure... so well ill-used.

"AAAAH!! Run, run run!!!" Suddenly, the first player to cry out sounded, as he began running in the direction contrary to that of the totem, only to end up becoming sweet ashes at once before even the blasting radius of the explosion reached 100 meters before him.

"RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!" There was only flurry and weakness but the desire to not die in the hearts and minds of the Journeyers, even though they wouldn't die, for the sake of their felled comrades, they were willing to not die instead. However, there was Baston, Oco, Selina, Tong Tao, Yin Xiong, Raoundozia and so on that felt a strange sensation when they saw some nearby players die.

Their eyes narrowed, before slowly, oh so very damn slowly... widening in fear.

STEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEPSTEP!!!!

Though there were only a bit more than 1 billion of Journeyers left, the sounds of just 'a few' million of their footsteps resounding were enough to showcase the fear that it brought this damned cursed blast radius. At some point, basically all kinds of buffer classes stopped and began to chant their skills as they yelled out to their teammates.

"Don't stop running, I'll die while giving my last Movement Speed buffs to you guys!"

"Keep on without me, I'll see you later after you win this, goodbye~!"

But in a whole instant later, those 'well-behaved' cries turned incredibly worse, to an unimaginable degree and in which they managed to instill real fear upon all other players' hearts.

"Uck, I... UUUUUH, NOONONONONONONON-KBWAAAAAALAAAAAAAHH...!!!"

"What? No! No, ah ah-AAAAAH..."

"Fucking help me...! Ah, I cannot make it, can't log off, AAAAH!"

Now they were running for real, this was no longer a sense of duty but a sense of true survival instinct, it was a fear of pain, torment and death. It wasn't understandable at all for them, but it was only understandable for them the fact that their feelings were real, that was enough for one's survival's instincts to act up.

"You..." At this moment, Raoundozia saw a young and strikingly beautiful woman with short wild blonde hair, 1.85 meters tall and with brown shadowy eyes... as she was being pulled backwards by some of the shadowy energy from behind! "Ozea!!!!"

At once, and without thinking, Raoundozia threw himself at her, countless shadow clones around him materializing as his body was engulfed by the shadowy energy and as he felt inexplicable, but oh so excruciating and soul stirring pain on his back as it traveled to all over his body!

In exchange though, he managed to keep 'Ozea' from any harm as he fully protected her, if Yun Beishang were to look now; bright grey shadow colored smallish globes would be popping out of his back to encompass Ozea fully without restraint.

And at this moment, the shadow, essential clones began to all do the same motion right as Raoundozia himself threw Ozea far away in the distance to safety, where a dumbfounded Baston was looking on at last in wonderment and in gratitude. Each essential shadow struck out a palm to Ozea, and since they were allies, ignored all damage to her character, virtual body but still gained a boost from each incoming palm at her back.

As soon as she could more or less move and was about to be hugged by her man, however, she looked back as her eyes teared up crystalline drop of pale platinum colored tears. She extended out her left hand back as her mouth went agape, "Little Brother...!!"

 

...

 


Let It Rain's Note: Tan tan, tannnnnnnnnn~~!!! ψ(^Ф∀Ф^)ψ.

0