Chapter 6: Guests
226 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Clip* *Clop* *Clip* *Clop*...

''Are we there yet?'' A little girl's voice was heard from a carriage. This carriage looked like it belonged to a noble, it was being pooled by two horses that looked like they were of the highest quality, the horses were black but they had some strange red markings on some places of their body.

The carriage these horses pulled was also dark, but it wasn't completely black, it was just really dark red, it just looked black from a distance. This carriage was moving on a dirt road, but even though this was only a dirt road it was well kept, it was wide enough for two wagons to pass each other with plenty of space between them, and it was pretty even no big holes or bumps. 

''Not yet sweety, but we're getting close.'' In the carriage itself, there were four people sitting in it. They all looked like their a family, all of them were beastkins, bearkins more precisely. On one side there sat a huge man with muscles that you could see through his clothes, he had short brown hair, but the most prominent feature was his scar that was right under his left eye almost parallel to his brown collared eye. And right now he was looking to his side, where there sat a woman.

She had the same hair and eye color as the man if not a little lighter, she had some lean muscles herself with a water serpent tattoo climbing her right hand, she was the one who just spoke. 

The one who asked the question was a little girl sitting across from the two adults, she had light brown hair and right now her brown eyes were looking out the window of this carriage, as it drew deeper into the woods, where trees become more commonplace. She didn't usually get to travel somewhere like this, so she was excited and couldn't wait to get out of this carriage and explore more.

The last of the four was a boy who looked like he was in his early teens, he was similar to the other man, well build and the same dark features, but he didn't have scars on his face or the muscles so big that they were so visible through his clothes. And right now the boy was looking at his palm and clenching it from time to time.

''Did we really need to leave that early?'' Moving his gaze from the plan to the man sitting across from him he half asked and half complained.

''HAHAHA... don't worry you will be able to get your training done today, it will be just later than usual. And yes we had to if we wanted to get where we needed at a reasonable time of the day, after all, you wanted your own custom weapon ready as fast as possible. I still remember how impatient you were a few days ago, asking us when we will visit a smith for the commission.'' The man's laughter was loud enough that there was a possibility that every small critter, in the vicinity, that heard it ran away. 

''I know dad, but why do we need to travel to another town, we have some good smiths where we live, don't we?'' Indeed he was excited to get his weapon made, but he couldn't understand why they would need to travel this to another place for it.

''Well for one, Emine is a great smith she outclasses anyone in our hometown, another thing is that I and your mother haven't met her and Alvis in years, so it will be a chance for us to catch up, plus look at your sister, she's so excited to get to travel to another town.'' The unit of a man hugged his wife with one hand while explaining to his son why they wanted to get his weapon made by their old friend.

''And look at the bright side Theo they have a daughter around your age so maybe you can make a friend there.'' This time it was the mother who spoke while leaning on her husband.

Theo didn't think so, it wasn't that he was against making friends, it's just that he was more interested in training so that he could follow his parents' footsteps and become a powerful warrior like them. But he didn't say anything and just nodded his head and looked at his excited sister who wasn't paying any attention to what they were talking about but was more focused on the forest around them.

So with nothing else to do, he started to look out the window like his sister and started to drift in his thoughts.

----------*----------

''We have arrived.'' Theo was woken up from his thoughts when the coachman announced their arrival. Theo had zoned out so much that he didn't even register that they had entered the town, so he was a little startled, but he quickly got his head out of a gutter and exited the carriage.

''Bella, Obar, good to see you, how was the trip!'' When Theo looked in the direction where the voice was coming from, he saw a tall wolfkin lady coming in their direction. 

''Emine long time no see, the trip was okay little uncomfortable but there was no trouble. But I don't see Alvis or your rumored daughter'' Emine and Bella exchanged hugs and started talking, as they started walking in the direction of the mansion.

''Alvis will be with us soon, he had some stuff to finish, just some paperwork, nothing much. As for Valerie, she's already there, she's just a little occupied with her own thing.'' 

While his mom and Emine were talking Theo started to look around, there was a garden with different plants there, some of the plants looked strange or just weird, and the garden was right now being attended to by a servant. Then little away from the garden was a fountain that was spewing a multi-colored liquid, he had no idea what it was but it looked interesting. 

But besides these two there wasn't much to see except the building that was beside the mansion, it wasn't anything amazing he just knew that it was a smithy by the looks of it. But a practically a new view came in from of him when they went around the mansion. On the other side of a mansion, there were different trees, there was a bigger garden with even stranger plants, at one side there was an area with dummies and sand, and a few other things, probably a training area by the looks of it.

They were all walking to the middle of all this where there stood a table with some food on it. And there was a rabbitkin already putting food on her plate. 

''Valerie you could have waited for others.'' When Emine saw her daughter putting food on her plate like there was no tomorrow she reminded her of basic manners. She knew that Valerie was probably hungry because when she went to greet her friends Valerie was still training, so she didn't say anything else and just let the guests sit down.

''Sorry, hunger got the better of me. Hello, my name is Valerie daughter of Emine and Alvis.'' After putting her plate down Valerie introduced herself to the guests, and they did the same after.

So after that Emine, Bella, and Obar started to reminisce about the old days, and at some point, Alvis joined them. The kids, on the other hand, were quiet and while eating listen to what their parents were talking about. This way they found out that these four meet when on a battlefield. Obar and Bella already knew each other as they both were in the same Order, Emina was there as an adventurer looking to get some money and Alvis was there as an alchemist trying to help people that needed it and make some money on the side.

It was quite interesting to listen to their stories, like when Alvis threaten Emine and Obar with potions, there were times that either Emine or Obar would get badly hurt and wouldn't take Alvis health potions because they thought that someone else needs it more, so Alvis threaten them that if they don't take them he will visit them at night and force them to consume the potions one way or another. Bella on the other hand didn't get so badly injured usually and even if she did, she always took the health potions if there was a need.

So like that, they continued to talk about what happened in the past, at one point Anna(Theo's little sister) asked if she can go explore the surroundings, and the adults allowed her, as long as she was in Bella's sight so that Bella can be sure her daughter was okay. 

Valerie too was getting bored of listening to them talk so she tried to get her dad's attention by poking him a few times.

''Yes, Valerie?'' Alvis looked at her daughter when he felt her finger poking him.

''Dad can I go, or at least can you give me some poison?'' Seeing his daughter's pleading eyes, Alvis took a bottle of poison out of his bag, which he always carries, and gave it to her. When Valerie got her poison she opened the bottle and tried to get all its content in her mouth, but a water bubble around the glass container stopped her attempt, and now Valerie was looking at her poison that was imprisoned in a water bubble with a wide-open mouth.

''ALVIS WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?'' The one screening hysterically was Bella while her arm was outstretched in Valerie's direction, as right now everyone was looking at Valerie and the poison. Both Bella and Obar were shocked at what just happened.

''My poison.'' Valerie murmured.

''Ah sorry about that you two. I promise we aren't that stupid of a parents to give our daughter deadly poison without any reason.'' Emine was the first to start talking as she tried to explain to her old friends what was happening.

''I hope so, because there better be a good reason why you're allowing your daughter to drink something that will kill her.'' Bella was kind of mad because what she just saw, from her perspective, was no joke. 

''You see our daughter is... particular... she has always wanted to train resistance skills from the moment we introduce her to the System and the skills. So from when she was 5 we helped her get and level her resistance skills, so you see, that poison might be deadly for many but not for her, as she has high enough resistance.'' Emine continued to explain and tell both Bella and Obar about Valerie and her exploits.

''Emine you should tell these things beforehand because I thought that Avlis has gone nuts. But I have to say your daughter might have inherited your crazy side because even if she has [Lowe regeneration] as an inherited skill, putting your body through so much at this age, no, at any age, is kind of... not normal.''

''What do you mean crazy? We're perfectly normal, well as normal as a former adventurer and her daughter can get.'' 

''Emine you thinking that it's normal to give her daughter a poison that would kill most normal people in front of guests so that she could train her [Poison resistance], no matter how you look at it that's not normal.'' 

''Well, now that you say it out loud I see that, but you kind of get used to it when your daughter is trying to find ways to hurt herself in the most effective way so that she can raise her skill level, almost every day.'' Emine understood that looking and sometimes helping her daughter raise the resistance and her regeneration skills might have turned some of her thinking upside-down.

''But enough about that. As I understood you're here to get your son a weapon, so tell me what are you looking for?'' Emine steered the conversation in a different direction, after all, she needs to know what they wanted to be made.

''I want two one-handed axehammers.'' This time it was Theo who answered, and it was a little surprising as he was quiet until now.

''I see, well I can do that but it would take a while to do if you want quality work. But yes I can do that, do you want enchantments with them or not?'' So with that, they started talking business, well more precisely they just talked about what would be the best and what Theo wanted, because Emine won't charge them as their old friends, and even if they haven't met in years, they still exchange letters, especially Emine with Bella.

 

9