Chapter 7: A little spar
272 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Okay, we got the details down on what Theo needs and wants in his weapons. But the process will be quite long, after all, we want it to be the best quality.'' Emine was now looking at a little notebook that was in her hand, where she has written all the necessary stuff they discussed. She knew that these axehammers will take a lot of work for her to make, but she had a grin on her face. Emine liked blacksmithing, especially she liked to make high-quality products, and these axehammers she will try to overcome her limits. Not to say that Emine doesn't try to challenge her from time to time, but these weapons will be made for her friends son, so it gave more meaning, more drive for her to do the absolute best she can. It wasn't really a feeling you could explain in words, but it was strongly burning in Emine right now.

''Ah and before I forget. Bella can you help Valerie to acquire the [Curse resistance] skill, we haven't been able to find anyone that could help with that?'' Although Emine was ready and excited to go to her smithy and start making Theo's weapons, she didn't forget about her daughter and what skills she still needed. 

''Of course.'' Bella readily agreed, she was always happy to help her friend.

''Why do I need [Curse resistance] if I already have [Mana resistance]?'' Valerie on the other hand was confused why she needed the [Curse resistance] if she has already a sill that covers it, so she expressed her doubts outloud. 

''No really dear, curses can bypass [Mana resistance] skill, as they function differently from magic or sorcery, so it doesn't really get included in the skill. I'm not too versed in this topic, but if you want to know more ask Bella, she can teach how curses function.'' Emine explained to her daughter why she needs the [Curse resistance] even if she had [Mana resistance].

Hearing this Valerie didn't say anything else and just nodded, she was always happy to get more resistance skills she hasn't covered. But she was kind of surprised [Mana resistance] didn't cover curses.

Valerie was getting kind of bored so she thought about going to train some more, but then she looked at Theo, and she had an idea.

''Yo, wanna have a spar?'' She wanted to have a spar with Theo because although she liked her resistance skills, she still trained other skills and one of them was [Unarmed combat], which she got and leveled while sparring with her mother. Valerie wasn't a fan of fighting against her mother, because although Emine goes easy on her, she still wipes the floor with Valerie, plus while Emine uses halbert as her weapon, Valeri uses her hands and legs, so it's already a disadvantage to her, not to mention her mother has years of experience fighting for her life.

So she decided to see how she fairs against someone her age. Theo just nodded indicating that he agreed to join her, so without further ado, they went to the training area. 

When they got to the training area Theo took off his jacket to get more comfortable, while he was doing that Valerie saw that he has no weapons and felt a little stupid, after all, usually, people use weapons, so she wanted to ask if he needed to borrow some or he needed to get his own from somewhere. But Valerie didn't ask because as she opened her mouth two axehammers made out of ice formed in Theo's hands, as he got in a fighting stance.

So Valerie closed her mouth and took a stance herself. They stood there a few seconds before they moved at the same time. The distance wasn't big between them so they were in sticking distance of each other really fast. Valerie was first to strike, she aimed at Theo's head with her fist, but he blocked her attack with his axehammers, so Valeri's fist connected with Theo's weapons.

But Valerie didn't stop she used her other hand to hit his body but that too was blocked by one of his weapons, and while one weapon blocked her second fist the other weapon was now swinging at her. Valerie jumped back to dodge it, resulting in Theo's attack striking only the air. 

Seeing this Theo charged at her, and when he was close enough he swung one of his axehammers diagonally at Valerie. She on the other hand retreated again. Theo continued his barrage of swings making Valerie continuously retreat. This went for a bit until Theo went too wide and seeing the opening Valerie rushed in and punched Theo. 

Theo seeing that he won't be able to block Valerie's attack decided to at least exchange strikes. So while Valerie attacked his face, he attacked her side. Both attacks connected, but Valerie got a better deal out of it, as her resistance helped her against Theo's attack. Both of them retreated after a few seconds to assess the damage done and taken.

Theo had taken Valerie's punch right to the jaw, and he was feeling a little dizzy, Valerie, on the other hand, had taken the ax part of Theo's weapon to her side, but it wasn't anything dangerous, as it didn't go deep in her flesh, and you could already see it slowly healing, thanks to her regeneration.

''You win.'' That was what Theo said after looking at the healing wound on Valerie's side. Although none of them went full power because they didn't want to injure one another too badly, they still took the spar seriously, and this time Theo admitted that he lost.

''Good job you two.'' While sparing Valerie and Theo didn't notice that they had gathered an audience, and only registered them now that they had finished. Both of their parents looked like they enjoyed the show that both of them had displayed. Even Theo's little sister Anna was there, looking at them with her big cute eyes.

''Here drink this.'' Alvis gave Theo a health potion, just in case. Theo accepted it and drank the potion on the spot, while analyzing his fight with Valerie, thinking what he could have done better and where was his flaws, and where he did good. And Theo wasn't the only one, Valerie too was now in her headspace thinking about the fight and analyzing herself.

''But I have to say Eline, I didn't think that your daughter will beat Theo, after all, he is kind of a training maniac, so seeing someone at the same age as him, win against him, was surprising. I knew that your daughter wasn't weak by what you said before but still it took me by surprise.'' Bella was happy that Theo lost, not because she wanted him any harm, but because this will be a constant reminder to him that there always can be someone stronger than him, although Bella is sure that Theo won't underestimate his opponents, as that was drilled in his head by both her and Obar, these kinds of defeats aren't bad from time to time.

''I'm surprised myself, it looks like all that beat-... training did some good.'' Emine herself was kind of surprised by her daughter. Although Emine spars and trains her from time to time they mostly focus on her resistance skills. But by the looks of it if Valerie wanted to go a path where she used combat to earn money it was possible for her.

Now that she thinks of it, she probably should soon ask if Valerie had any ideas about what she wanted to do in the future because Valerie's already 9 and in a few months she will be 10 when she will need to choose her first class. But even if she had no idea what she wanted to do in her life, Emine didn't really worry because you can always change paths. Look at her, she started as a warrior, and now she is a smith, although not a pure smith but still a smith.

It was getting late, so Bella and her family needed to leave. They will be staying in Priksla until Emine finishes Theo's weapons. So Valerie will probably get plenty of opportunities to spar with Theo.

So with that, the reunion between old friends ended.

 

7