Chapter 15: To the dungeon!
119 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the silence went on, Emine and Alvis were getting a little nervous. They have heard from others that there have been instances where children didn't like the idea that they will have younger siblings, for multiple reasons, and Valerie's shocked face didn't help them to calm down.

''Is it a boy or girl, have you decided the name?! I will be the older sister, I will train them and teach them and...!'' But all of their worries were blown away the moment Valerie opened her mouth, well at least the present worries.

Valerie's eyes were shining like two blood-red suns darting around looking from Emine's abdomen to Alvis and Emine's faces. The little bundle of white fluff just couldn't sit still and was now practically jumping in her chair. 

But Valerie suddenly stopped in her chair and turned to Emine with a concerned look, ''But if you're pregnant can we still go to a dungeon today?'' Hearing this Emine couldn't stop but giggle a little bit, because Valerie look just so dam cute. 

''Yes, we can.'' Emine answered the question her daughter was so concerned about, although she wanted to stall a little longer just to see her daughter's cute expression. 

''YAY!'' Valerie's energy returned back to her like a wave, so she continued eating the cake with bliss. Valerie has waited for this day a long while, because she had asked her mother for permission to go to a dungeon a few years back, but Emine didn't allow it so they agreed that after the tenth birthday her mother would accompany her, and today was the day she has waited so long.

''Before you go, check your status menu.'' Hearing her father's voice Valerie just nodded.

----------*----------

Valerie was back in her room getting ready for dungeon exploring with her mother. While humming she was getting ready, but it didn't take too long because she didn't have much to wear, she had simple pants and boots with a plain brown shirt on top, the longest part of all this process of getting ready was her hair, as they were somewhat long so she couldn't decide if she wanted to leave them as they are or make them so that they don't hinder her too much. But in the end, she left them as they are because she has practically never makes them when she is training, making them flow down her back like a white waterfall.

Checking for the last time if everything is in place, she grabbed a little pouch, that her father had prepared for her, and attached it to her belt. After getting ready and checking for everything Valerie went to tell Emine she was ready, but before she even opened her room's door she stopped in her tracks.

''Almost forgot, [Status].'' 

++++++++++

Name: Valerie Blueleaf

Class: [Child of metal(Lv.1)]

Age:10

Species: Beastkin (Rabbitkin)

Limit:14/30

Skills: [Regeneration(Lv.1)]; [Self cleaning(Lv.5)]; [Mental fortitude(Lv.4)]; [Pain tolerance(Lv.8)]; [Unarmed combat(Lv.5)];[Inner beast (Lv.1)]

Resistance:[Temperature(Lv.1)]; [Poison(Lv.5)]; [Pierce(Lv.7)]; [Cut(Lv.8)]; [Mana(Lv.6)]; [Curse(Lv.2)]; [Blunt force(Lv.4)]; [Shock(Lv.7)]

++++++++++

''Let's see.'' By the looks of it, nothing much has changed, with exception of two [Skills] fusing and another one advancing, plus she got [Inner beast] skill. She was happy about these changes, especially about her [Regeneration]. 

So after checking her [Status] Valerie opened her room's door and went to find her mother. With little spring in her steps, she quickly made her way to her mother's forge. There she found her mother working on something, but it didn't look too important so she announced her arrival. ''Mom I'm ready to go!'' 

''Ok, give me a moment.'' Hearing her daughter's excited voice, Emine quickly finished what she needed and got ready for the dungeon. She didn't need much to get ready, because the only thing she needed was her halberd and she was good to go.

''Ready?'' 

''YES!'' 

Seeing Valerie like this made Emine giggle a bit. While walking in the direction of the gates Emine went up to one of the servants that were taking care of the front garden, she asked if they could inform Alvis that she and Valerie were going to a dungeon. The servant nodded and went to inform him.

After that was done they continued on their way to a dungeon. It didn't take long for them to reach the closest town gate. Looking at it Valerie could see two towers on each side of this gate and four guards guarding it, there was a line of people who were trying to get in where guards were checking their baggage and identifying them.

And as they were closing in on the gate Valerie's head kept going back, until she couldn't go any further and was looking straight up with wonder in her eyes, as they went through the gates. 

Outside the gates, you could see a road leading who knows where and there was a forest on both sides of it. As they were walking Emine could see Valerie's excitement as she looked around, especially if some adventures or merchants went by them. 

At some point, they took a turn and went inside the forest, they had to slow down a little because they weren't on a man-made road anymore, but primarily it was because Valerie had to touch any other thing they went by, either a tree, a bush or any other kind of plant. Emine didn't know the appeal to it but her daughter looked happy, so she didn't hurry her and just let her enjoy herself.

But even with Valerie's antics, it didn't take long before they arrived at the dungeon. Its entrance looked like a naturally formed cave. 

''Is that it?!'' Valerie's excited voice was loud enough to surprise Emine a bit.

''Yes.'' Looking at her daughter while answering her, she saw that Valerie was ready to go, and was bearly holding back.

So Emine didn't keep Valerie waiting. ''Let's go.'' 

Before Emine could take a step she saw her daughter's white hair zip by in the direction of the dungeon, and all she could do is giggle to herself and go catch up to her daughter.

 

5