Chapter 3 – Familiarization
140 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noah stood there, staring at the board and taking in all the information shown. He was relatively happy with what he was seeing, with the exception of not being able to use magic. Noah assumed that his stats were above average, but he didn't know how average looked. There was not much context, so he could only speculate. The presence of magic caused even more confusion and raised further questions for Noah. He was skeptical of its existence, yet with what happened prior, anything could be possible. With his scientific and logical background, a part of him did not want to believe magic was real, yet the other part was intrigued by the possibility. The other thing he was worried about was his race. The board showed that his race was human. 

 

"Are there other humanoids other than humans?" He thought. "What the fuck does this thing even consider race?" Noah was extremely confused, though his drive to explore possibilities became stronger. All these questions added fuel to his fire. He almost thought he was dreaming, yet the adrenaline he felt when killing those goblins was unmistakably genuine. Noah could not help but dig his fingers into his palm and reveal a slight grin as he stared at the board. Looking at his skills, he was happy that some traits of the ARP carried over. However, Noah was a little let down that his other augmentations didn't carry over, but it made sense that only mental augmentations were included with his younger body. What bothered him even more; was the lack of active skills, but he didn't dwell on it long as he wanted to check the other tabs. 

 

Noah skimmed through the tab one more time before switching to the <Inventory> tab. 

 

<Inventory>

 

Internal (0kg/2000kg):

 

Empty 

 

External (27.423kg/50~kg):

 

 

  • Black Multicam Combat Shirt 1x (Equipped)
  • Black Multicam Pants 1x (Equipped)
  • Tan Chest Rig 1x (Equipped)

- 15-round M9 Beretta Magazine (Loaded) 16x 

- Stainless Steel Switch Blade 1x 

- Radio 1x

- IFAK 1x 

  • Tan Tactical Belt 1x (Equipped)

- 15-round M9 Beretta Magazine (Loaded) 2x

- M67 Grenade 2x

- Glow Stick 2x

  • Tan Webbing 1x (Equipped)

- IFAK 1x

- Holster 1x (In use) 

  • Black Tactical Backpack 1x (Equipped)

- MRE 5x

- 9x19mm Parabellum Round 300x 

- Beretta 92X 1x

- UTX-70 Switchblade 2x 

- Kukri Machete 1x

- Black Multicam Combat Shirt 1x

- Black Multicam Combat Pants 1x 

- Black Tactical Fingerless gloves 2x

- Black Pair of Socks 4x 

- Black Balaclava 2x

- Black Tinted Sunglasses 1x

- Black Tinted Goggles 1x

- Tan Baseball Cap 1x

- Tan Webbing 1x

- Tan PELTOR ComTac 1x

- Red Tinted Sunglasses 1x

- Red Tinted Goggles 1x

- Match 50x 

- Fire Starter 2x

- Whistle 1x

- Nylon Cord 1x

- Sleeping Bag 1x 

- Bottle of Water 4x

- Mess Kit 1x

- AA Battery 8x

 

Once more, Noah analyzed the board with great interest. Most of it was to his expectation, with the exception of the Internal storage. If it worked how he thought it would, he'd be able to carry 2000kg with ease. Browning was eager to figure out how to use the Internal storage. Noah turned towards the four corpses and walked towards them before crouching beside them. Upon closer inspection, the goblins appeared to be especially vile creatures. Noah’s nose twitched from the unhygienic stench that the goblins reeked. Knowing Noah’s intentions, a prompt appeared above the corpses. 

 

<Would you like to store Goblin 4x (Deceased)?>

 

Noah mentally said yes, and the board replied.

 

<Stored>

 

<129.32kg/2000kg>

 

Noah noted that the board responded to mental commands and that he did not notice any weight differences, so the Internal storage stored elsewhere. Next, he mentally willed one of the corpses to come out, and one of them rematerialized with a blue haze. Noah then willed it back, and it disappeared again. Noah summoned one out once more, but this time, he imagined the corpse with its arms folded over its chest. The corpse rematerialized how Noah imagined. Noah’s grin grew wider, realizing what he could do with this new ability. With this, he could work with heavy weapons and objects more comfortably. Wanting to test his power further, he walked over to a small tree and attempted to store it. 

 

<Would you like to store Tree 1x (Oak)?>

 

Noah obviously willed it. 

 

<Stored>

 

<226.62kg/2000kg>

 

Noah's hand twitched, and his grin grew even wider after confirming his suspicions. He quickly suppressed those feelings as he had other things to do. He quickly thought of the board, and it popped up again. This time he went to check the <Units> tab.

 

<Units>

 

No active units available 

 

Noah expected this, yet he was still a little disappointed. He then checked the <Shop> tab, but the following two prompts would annoy him.  

 

<Note: Due to the user’s low level, the user will be restricted to equipment from before 2030>

 

<Note: Facilities, vehicles, and other items will come with the necessary personnel to operate said items> 

 

"Oh, wow," Noah said sarcastically. "Right before I started changing the game, perfect. I love this. Wonderful, it really is." Noah waited till the prompts went away and the <Shop> revealed itself. The <Shop> was a catalog showcasing various military equipment separated into sub-tabs. It's divided into <Vehicles>, <Weapons>, <Munitions>, <Equipment>, <Facilities>, <Resources>, <Units>, and <Misc>. After that, Noah eagerly selected the <Units> sub-tab. 

 

<Note: There are small chances that the user may spawn higher tier units>

 

<Note: The user can customize units for an adjusted price>

 

<Note: All units are fireteam sized>

 

<Units>

 

Tier-1 Mercenaries - $750,000

 

  • Former tier-1 units armed with high-grade weapons and equipment 

 

 

Tier-2 Mercenaries - $675,000

 

  • Former tier-1 units armed with medium-grade weapons and equipment 

 

 

Tier-3 Mercenaries - $450,000

 

  • Former tier-2 units armed with high-grade weapons and equipment

 

 

Tier-4 Mercenaries - $375,000 

 

  • Former tier-2 units armed with medium-grade weapons and equipment

 

 

Tier-5 Mercenaries - $300,000

 

  • Former tier-3 units armed with high-grade weapons and equipment

 

 

Tier-6 Mercenaries - $225,000

 

  • Former tier-3 units armed with medium-grade weapons and equipment 

 

 

Tier-7 Mercenaries - $175,000

 

  • Former infantry armed with high-grade weapons and equipment 

 

 

Tier-8 Mercenaries - $100,000

 

  • Former infantry armed with medium-grade weapons and equipment 

 

 

Tier-9 Mercenaries - $50,000

 

  • Former infantry armed with low-grade SMGs, pistols, and equipment

 

 

This was the part that Noah was most excited for, yet he frowned, seeing the prices. He remembered he only had $10,000 and wondered how to make more money. In response, another prompt showed up. 

 

<Note: Money can be acquired through selling items in your inventory>

 

<Note: The user cannot sell certain items such as the Tree>

 

Noah smiled at the first prompt, but knowing what Noah was planning, the board responded with another message. Noah sighed and opted to sell the goblins instead, and the board responded. 

 

<Would you like to sell Goblin 4x (Deceased) for $400?>

 

“Yeah,” Noah thought. 

 

<Goblin 4x (Deceased) sold>

 

<+$400>

 

"Damn," Noah moaned. "Only $100 each? At least that covers ammo expenses." Noah did the math and found that he would have to kill 500 more goblins to buy the lowest tier mercs, and that's without buying ammo. Noah sighed once more, cast aside his old hopes, and went on to check the <Assignments> tab.

 

<Assignments>

 

Main Assignments:

 

 

  • Change the world

- Either good or bad, cause significant changes to the world around you

 

 

 

Secondary Assignments: 

 

None 

 

There wasn't much information Noah had to take in, but the main assignment raised many questions for Noah. What he did understand was that he could operate freely to a certain degree. For now, Noah didn't have much planned. After a quick last glance at the tab, Noah checked the <Logs> tab. 

 

<Logs>

 

None 

 

<Note: Important events and notes will be documented here>

 

After seeing what he needed to see, Noah opened the Internal storage to check all his equipment. He quickly skimmed through it, closed the board, and kneeled to open his bag. Noah spent the next five minutes familiarizing himself with his backpack and kit. After he finished, he pulled a balaclava and put it on along with the tan cap, ComTac, and black tinted glasses. When he finished putting everything on, Noah walked back to the lake to look at his reflection. 

 

"Wow," Noah said while examining his reflection. "I look like a stereotypical bad guy merc. Not bad..." He chuckled at his ironically goonish looks. After fueling his ego, Noah got up and began to walk along the lake, looking for things to kill and sell. For now, Noah's main objective was to gain money, and to do that, he decided on killing more things. Noah briskly walked along the lake with his Beretta in hand. 

 

-End of Chapter

 

A/N: Another chapter will be released shortly this week 

5