Chapter 4 – The Savior The Destroyer
111 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Noah was about to embark on his hunt, a couple of hundred miles away, a boy who appeared to have recently reached the process of adolescence was kneeling and praying before a statue of an angelic woman with wings, murmuring various incantations. He wore what looked like a white priest's garb with golden embroidery. He had vigorous blue eyes and lush white hair; it was messy but not quite unkept. His face was pristine, almost like a doll. He prayed with his hands together, his eyes closed, silently murmuring to the statue. He was in a white marble hall where the quietest sounds amplify into loud echoes. He kneeled there praying. Suddenly, rays of light shined through a mosaic window, covering the statue and causing it to glow abnormally. The boy quickly opened his eyes and gazed at the angelic figure above. 

 

"Something significant is soon to occur," the boy said in shock. "I must inform the others." The boy got up and began running towards the entrance, his bare feet lightly echoing throughout the hall. The boy made it out and shielded his eyes from the sun with his left hand. Outside, lead to a plaza with a fountain in the center, plenty of greenery, and even more white marble. The boy looked around to see other similarly dressed people and some knights. The armor of the knights were mainly platinum but were riddled with gold stars, and some of them threw their garbs and capes over their armor. One of the knights noticed the boy's presence and began sprinting toward him. Within the company of the boy, the knight immediately kneeled. 

 

"Your Holiness," the knight exclaimed, out of breath. "The light, has it said anything?" 

 

"Yes," replied the boy. "That one is finally here." 

 

"Him?" Asked the knight, looking up at the boy.

 

"Yes, him," said the boy, slightly frowning. "We must not let him walk the wrong path. Mobilize the churches near the southern forest, order a search for him. We must be the first to find him." 

 

"Is there a description?" 

 

The boy slightly raised an eyebrow and replied, "Have you forgotten? The savior has always been a man of eastern origin." 

 

"Oh,"  said the knight, realizing his foolish mistake. "Right away, Your Holiness." The knight then took out a slip of paper that shined into nothingness, and following its disappearance, the knight teleported away. 

 

The boy merely stared at the spot where the knight had been and began walking away. 

 

-

 

At around the same time, thousands of miles away, a dragon the size of a small mountain lay resting in a larger mountain. The dragon's body was covered except for its left eye, which remained exposed to the open air. Its eye remained shut at the base of the mountain, covered with greenery. A group of hooded individuals was kneeling before its closed eye, silently waiting. Suddenly, the eye opened, disturbing all the growing vegetation and scaring off local fauna, revealing an extensive beady slit pupil that looked around and focused on the group. The group stood up and gazed at the eye in awe. They were like ants compared to its eye. The dragon squinted at the small group of humans. 

 

"Are you the current generation of worshippers?" the dragon questioned with a strong voice of authority. Its voice boomed and shook the group to their cores.

 

One of the individuals stepped forward and said, "Yes, your wishes are our commands." 

 

The dragon narrowed his eye further and replied, "Good, then bring the destroyer to me. Do not let him fall into the hands of those sun fanatics."

 

"O-of course." The group then turned into puffs of black smoke and disappeared. The dragon closed its eye once more. 

 

-

 

While Noah was unaware of all the attention he was involuntarily attracting, he was busy in a firefight against a large group of goblin archers. A small volley of arrows darted through the air with Noah as their target. As a response, Noah twirled around to take cover behind a tree. He quickly ejected the empty magazine, replaced it with a fresh one, and hit the slide release. Noah twirled out of cover, pistol-whipping a goblin's face in who tried to sneak up on him and shot him in the head. He then returned fire on the archers, killing three of them. Another goblin shot at him, but he merely turned sideways, causing the arrow to brush past his left shoulder. He fully extended his right arm, shooting one-handed he killed six more goblins, concluding the skirmish. The board popped up again, but Noah kept looking around, maintaining situational awareness. 

 

Combat won

 

12 Goblins (+240 XP)

 

Level: 4

 

XP: 380/500

Prior to this skirmish, Noah had killed 36 other goblins, bringing his total kill count to 48 with 960 XP. He sold all of them for $5,200, bringing his total to $15,200. Some of the goblins were stronger, which got him more money. He had tracked down small patrols to a cave entrance where he is now. Noah went past the board and peeked into the cave. 

 

"That's a little dark," he murmured. He backed off, opened the shop, and bought a flashlight accessory for $300. A black box appeared by his feet, and he picked it up. The box was high quality, and for some reason had Noah's company logo on it. Noah ignored that and quickly took the attachment out of the box and put it on his gun. Oddly enough, it looked to be a SureFire XC1, but there was no SureFire logo to be found. Regardless, Noah turned it on and entered the cave. A few steps in, and Noah's eyebrow twitched from the stench. The cave reeked of goblin, yet it only slightly bothered Noah. Noah pressed forward, but the path split into two, which troubled Noah. Regardless of which way he went, he would be vulnerable to flanking. Though it would be foolish, he felt confident enough to keep going and picked the left path. 

 

While Noah was going through the cave, he noticed the goblins had placed poorly made traps which he easily avoided. The tunnel began to widen, and the stench became stronger, so he knew he was getting close. He came across a stray goblin, and the last thing it saw was a blinding white light before Noah shot it in the head. He killed three more along the way. He shined his light up ahead and could see the tunnel open up into a larger cavern with much more goblins. Seeing a wall of green, he threw one of his grenades ahead and backed off. He heard the grenade hit the ground, and soon after, an explosion and the screams of goblins. Noah crouched down and observed for any response. He then heard their gross tiny footsteps, this time from behind. Noah began rushing back to take care of the flanking force. It was a small force, but it was enough to kill a careless intruder. It comprised of eight smaller goblins, which Noah effortlessly mopped the floor with, and a larger one. The large one was around seven feet and had to hunch over to fit in the tunnel. It was massive and lean. Noah quickly tried to shoot its head, but the first round only embedded itself into its thick skull. The large goblin roared in pain, crossed its arms over its head, and began charging at Noah. 

 

"Mother fucker," Noah muttered while emptying a mag into the goblin's arms. Although the bullets ripped through the goblin's arms, they still couldn't penetrate its comically thick skull. Noah slowly backed away and reloaded as the goblin inched closer. Seeing as aiming high did nothing, Noah shot twice in the groin and emptied the rest of the mag into each of the goblin's kneecaps, causing it to crash forward by Noah's feet. Noah swiftly backed away and reloaded before repeatedly shooting the goblin in the head multiple times in the same spot till it stopped moving. 

 

"I need more stopping power..." Noah thought before resuming on his original path. Noah made it back to the larger space with his gun trained on the dead bodies. He slightly grinned under the mask, seeing the amount of cash he would get. One of the supposedly dead goblins weakly raised its hand and grabbed Noah's ankle in a last-ditch effort. In response, Noah stomped its head in. 

 

"Strange," he thought. "They must not want me getting to something..." Noah looked around, finishing off the remaining goblins. Noah looked around and waited for the board to pop up, and for some reason, it didn't. 

 

"Am I missing something?" Noah thought. Noah looked at the space one more time but found nothing but animal skin sleeping mats, poorly made weapon racks, and a throne of human bones against a wall. He walked over to the throne and kicked it over, revealing another path in the wall. Noah entered the tunnel and began walking through it with his gun aimed. He had to lower his head a bit to fit through. Shortly after, the tunnel opened up to a wider space. 

 

"Bingo," he said. In front of him were human females and defenseless juvenile goblins. He glanced at the people who were barely dressed and tied to the wall and glanced at the goblins who were curled up in fear. He walked towards the goblins, and they huddled even closer. Noah began firing, and the goblins shrieked. Shells and bodies hit the floor, and goblins could do nothing but huddle tighter and scream. After he killed off the juveniles, he started stomping on the infants. 

 

While he was grinding bone and brain matter with the bottom of his boot, he muttered to himself out of breath, "I just- I just don't want to waste ammo, fuck. Yeah, that's it. I just don't want to waste ammo." He grunted with every stomp and grounded their heads into the ground with grotesque sounds. The screams of goblin children did not affect him; Noah had seen and ordered worse on humans. After he finished venting, he sat down to catch his breath. He looked at the women. It was obvious what happened here, Noah hadn't seen any female goblins. Their eyes were devoid of any life, staring into nothingness. 

 

"I should probably put them out of their misery." Noah thought. He got up and shot each one in the head. There were five of them. "I wonder how much XP they'll give me..." Incoincidentally the board popped up again.

 

Combat won

 

62 Goblins (+1,740 XP)

 

2 Hobgoblins (+300 XP)

 

5 Humans (+500 XP)

 

Level: 8

 

XP: 245/850

 

Another board popped up. 

 

Congratulations!

 

Please check your inventory for rewards

 

5