Chapter 2 – Reality or Fiction ?
246 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After asking the senior servant a few questions and paying him with some Blood Pills Mars's view of the world broadened a bit. 

According to the information he gathered there are 7 cultivation realms known by the world, 2 being the mortal realms and the rest the cultivator and immortal realms, they go in descending order from weakest to strongest.

Mortal Realms 

Body Forging 

Meridian Opening 

cultivator realms  

Qi Gathering 

Foundation Establishment 

Core Formation 

Divine Ability 

Immortal Realms 

Legendary 

Each cultivation realm has a total of 9 stages, with the exception of the Core Formation realm, it is divided into Void Core, True Core, and Golden Core. 

Each stage gets progressively harder to reach and many people get stuck on just the mortal realms, never being able to ascend to higher realms in their life time. As the name suggests, the Mortal realms only serve to make the body more fit and healthy, but they do not provide more than a couple months of extra lifespan when reached. As for the Cultivator and Immortal realms, The further you get the longer the lifespan each realm gives you. Legendary Realm is said to only exist in legends and is said to give the cultivator infinite lifespan. 

Learning this information left Mars confused, and for good reason! 

These cultivation realms are similar to the cultivation realms in the game 'Mixed Fantasia' 

The only difference is that in the game, Divine Ability Realm was the level cap that all players faced as there was no higher level available. 

This made Mars think, is he really in another world, is he not still inside the game? this made him feel slightly depressed. 

Mars lived an average life, he was a single child, his mom and dad worked most of the time and he only ever had one girlfriend in his middle school years. 

Despite his negative thoughts, Mars decided to refocus on his situation as he does not want to die again. 


After finishing his tasks Mars decided to test the limits of his only skill so far. 

Getting some bread and rocks, Mars left it in a moist corner and let it sit for a couple days before eating it. 

His motives were simple, he wanted to test how the skill actually worked. 

What food did GLUTTONY actually turned into Blood Qi? Does it only turn food into Blood Qi? What happens if he eats a medicinal pill, will the effect get nullified because of his skill? Does his skill allow him to combat poisons, if so, which poisons? 

 Testing it out for a few days Mars gathered some data. 

GLUTTONY  only works for consumable good such as, food, medicine, and drinks, basically anything that is considered organic would work. From the moldy bread, Mars noticed that his skill makes him immune to poisons to a certain extent as his skill digests it but does not protect him against infections. Eating his Blood Pills, Mars noticed that the medicinal effects of pills do not get nullified and instead get slightly boosted, alongside an extra dosage of Blood Qi and Spiritual Qi. 

Mars also gathered some information on his Gu inside his body. 

Turns out, the Gu inside their bodies are parasites that feed on their hosts nutrients, when full they will expel large amounts of purified high quality Blood Qi and Spiritual Qi. The only downside is that as the Gu matures, it will take more from the host without their consent, eventually killing them as they cannot sustain their food costs. 

When Mars learned this he felt a chill run down his spine, luckily for him, he gained the GLUTTONY passive skill, so anything he eats will get turned into food for him and his Gu. 

Unlike Mars, normal disciples had to cultivate techniques that strengthened their Blood Qi to temporarily survive long enough to sustain their Gus, if they failed their bodies would be used as nutrients for the Gu, and turned into more resources. 

Mars decided to open his Shop inside his status screen to see if he could do something about his situation. 


Name - Mars 

Race - Human 

Job 1 - commoner 

SP - 500


HEALTH POINTS - 0.4

STRENGTH - 0.4

AGILITY - 0.4

STAMINA - 0.4

DEFENSE - 0.4

INTELLIGENCE - 0.2

ENLIGHTENMENT - 0.1

ACTIVE SKILLS - NONE

PASSIVE SKILLS - GLUTTONY (1)


SHOP

GACHA 

TRAINING MODE 

PARTY 

MISSIONS

EXIT 


Just as he was about to open the shop he noticed that GLUTTONY had a number on it. clicking it a prompt popped up 


YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS TO LEVEL UP THIS SKILL


Mars felt this was normal as most skills would always have some sort of upgrade, but he still could not calm down at the possibility of turning GLUTTONY into a stronger skill. 

Opening the shop Mars found that a lot of things were their greyed out or blank. 

He also found discounts and other offers going around.

He saw that the shop had a skills, Items, Abilities, and Bloodlines, section. 

Since he could not access Abilities and Bloodlines, he decided to check the skills section. 

In there he saw it was divided by type 

ACTIVE SKILLS 

CHERRY BLOSSOM BLADE TECHNIQUE (100 SP)

MONKEY FIST (80 SP)

VAMPIRE KING SUTRA (250 SP)

......

PASSIVE SKILLS 

GLUTTONY (PURCHASED)

BATTLE INSTINCT (500 SP)

FISHERMAN'S LUCK (120SP)

CHARM (50 SP)

SWORDSMANSHIP (100 SP)

......


Mars noticed something peculiar, under active skills all slots are filled with cultivation methods and techniques, meaning, the system categorizes cultivation methods and techniques under active skills. 

before buying anything, Mars decided to check through the items section and see if there is anything that catches his interest. 

'this is...' 

suddenly Mars spots something very interesting that might benefit him. 

5