Chapter 3 – Active Skill: Eyes of Truth & Elder Li
216 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'this is...' 

suddenly Mars spots something very interesting that might benefit him.


ACTIVE SKILL
EYES OF TRUTH (200SP) - WHEN ACTIVATED THE USER IS ABLE TO SEE THE TRUTH ON ANY PERSON OR OBJECT
 (NOTICE - AS THE SKILL LEVEL INCREASES THE EYES OF TRUTH WILL BE ABLE TO TELL MORE INFORMATION) 

Immediately Mars decided that this skill was a must have even if it is expensive. 
 
He also decided to buy the VAMPIRE KING SUTRA which cost 250SP. In the end he spent a total of 450SP as he bought both skills, bankrupting himself. 
 
Afterword he checked his status 
 
'Open status' 

Name - Mars 

Race - Human 

Job 1 - commoner 

SP - 52


HEALTH POINTS - 0.4

STRENGTH - 0.4

AGILITY - 0.4

STAMINA - 0.4

DEFENSE - 0.4

INTELLIGENCE - 0.2

ENLIGHTENMENT - 0.1

ACTIVE SKILLS - EYES OF TRUTH (1) , VAMPIRE KING SUTRA (1) 

PASSIVE SKILLS - GLUTTONY (1)


SHOP

GACHA 

TRAINING MODE 

PARTY 

MISSIONS

EXIT 


Mars excitement quickly died down after he realized something crucial and immediately tried to deny reality. 

Unlike in those System novels he had read, when he bought a cultivation method, or a technique, he did not immediately learn it; instead, whenever he thought of the technique the contents would appear on his head as if he were reading a book, but he still had to 'read' through the book and comprehend it himself. In other words, the system only gave him the resources and he had to rely on himself in order to master them, he could not be like those cheaters who immediately master techniques just by clicking a button. (It also applies to all active skills, they can only level up through experience, with the exception of a few.)

Mars did not know whether to curse his luck or be happy as he got quality techniques handed down to him but he was too untalented to use them to their full potential. 

'whatever, I should just be happy that this cultivation method happens to be what I needed the most right now, as for whether I can use it to its full potential I shall leave that to the future.' 

The Vampire King Sutra is a Cultivator realm manual made specifically to strengthen and purify Blood Qi and Spiritual Qi, by mastering this technique the user will also be able to absorb the blood of his opponents and condense blood beads to both heal himself and absorb a small portion of their strength for himself. It is an evil technique, but that did not matter to Mars as he is already part of an Evil sect. 

Mars began to read the instructions on the manual and circulate the technique throughout his body. 

A couple hours later in the middle of the night Mars opened his eyes and a red light flashed through his eyes. He finally stepped foot on the world of cultivation and had begun to shed his mortal self 

'This cultivation method is really good, too bad that my comprehension of it is too low to use it properly'

Mars quickly looked out the window and left the dormitory, as long as he did his work the sect did not pester anyone and let them go out whenever they want, the sect is not afraid of anyone escaping as they know that they cannot escape. 

Mars quickly found a tree and punched it with his full strength. 

As he did not have any prior teachings about strength control or techniques it was just his raw strength without any sort of skill. 

The tree that got hit had a medium sized track in the area where he hit it, it could be seen just from that how terrifying cultivators can truly be as they get stronger since mars is just a Body Forging tier 1 expert. 


the next morning Mars busy doing his work when a bell rang and all the people working quickly stopped what they were doing and ran in the direction of the bell. 

'What is Happe-' 

Mars didn't even get to finish his sentence before the Gu inside his body started reacting causing him extreme pain. He quickly understood what is going on and ran in the direction of the bell.

He quickly found a large crowd standing in front of a stage where a few old men, and one wearing a badge with a pen designed on it, were standing looking at the crowd. 

'Elder Li, you are welcome to choose any of the slaves here any time you want.'

one of the old men quickly told the old man with the badge, who is apparently Elder Li, to pick a few servants. 

'hmmm, I will only take 3 that look the strongest today, I will come back in a month to see if any talents show up by then and take them with me for my projects'

All the older servants in the area quickly shuddered and tried to make themselves invisible to the old man praying that the old man will not pick them, only the newer servants such as Mars were clueless. 

Mars did, however, notice the atmosphere was not right and quickly looked for an inconspicuous area where he would be ignored. 

'You brat, that girl, and the brat cowering over there, quickly come with me' 

Mars almost panicked as he thought that he had been picked, but instead it was the guy cowering right next to him that had been picked by Elder Li and not him. 

After the old men left and the crowd started dispersing Mars over heard some of the servants gossiping. 

'Thank god, I thought I was almost picked today for that lunatics experiments'

'yeah me too, luckily I wasn't picked, those that do always end up as cripples thanks to the old man's crazy ideas'

Mars shuddered at the thought that apparently the old man liked to experiment on people and he was almost picked if the old man didn't spot the guy next to him instead.

Mars quickly made up his mind to not stand out so as to not bring trouble to himself in the future, little did he know that his future would not be simple. 

3