Chapter 17: Royal Princess (2)
182 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Riyo and the seven armored men arrived in the middle of the demon forest and to confirm the the situation, the leader of Knight Christ started to open his mouth and lift his hand to give us a sign of warning. He felt a chill down his neck, making him stiffen his back. Rubbing his neck with his right hand, Riyo checked his surroundings with his "detect magic."

On their front, there seems to be something wrong. Because when you looked at their front, you could see that there was a black fog. Riyo strained his eyes, but he couldn't see anything through the thick fog. But if Riyo was to trust his intuition, there was definitely something there. 

And then they stopped their movement, and Riyo suddenly spoke while he was in the back of these armored men.

"Leader. I think on our front there's something wrong." Riyo said.

[Huh? But I can't feel or see anything on our front.] Robert said.

[Yeah me too] Wane said.

Impossible that they can't see the thick fog in our front. Or they pretended? Riyo murmured to himself and he asked Christ.

"Leader. Can you see the thick fog in our front?" Riyo said

[Yeah, I can see it. This is definitely a trap. I think there's something wrong in our surrounding.] Christ said.

[What?! Black fog? But I can't definitely see or feel anything in our surroundings.] Robert said.

[Hey, Young Riyo. You are amazing that you can see through the thick fog in front of us. We owe it again to you.] Christ said while slight smile on his face.

"Naah... There's nothing surprising about that."Riyo said.

[What's wrong, Leader?] Wane said.

Wane inquired, noticing his grim Christ-face as he was watching intently at their front.

[Hmm... I am not sure, but there is something in this forest and in our surroundings. A trap or maybe a demon monster?] Christ said.

[But... be ready if there is a demon monster going to attack us.] Christ said.

[~~~Understood!!~~~]

Hmm... So these are the royal knights. They are so focused, and Christ, the leader and commander of the royal knights, was the first person I met, and he was definitely strong. Well, for the time being, let's see how they react to the demon monster. Riyo murmured to himself while.

They continued to walk, and in front of them was Christ. They took a look at their front towards the thick fog, and Christ, tilting his head and looking doubtfully, and he asked Riyo. 

[Riyo, do you think there is some demon monster here? What do you think?.] Christ said.

"Hmm. I'm not sure because I can't feel anything. But I'm pretty sure that there's something wrong with it." Riyo said.

[Hmm... Is that so?]

"Yes."

*Sigh* Wane suddenly signed in our front and then he suddenly spoke. 

[I don't sense or see anything, but if Riyo and the leader say so, it may be worth checking it out. Robert, can I entrust it to you to cast barrier magic on me? And let me check.] Wane said.

[Yes, no problem. Leave it to me.] Robert said.

Wane asked Robert to cast a magic barrier on his body in case he was going to be ambushed by a demon monster.

Riyo carefully watched Robert as she fluently recited the spell magic words. Riyo will have no problem because, for Riyo, he can cast magic without chanting.

"Barrier Magic"

After Robert cast Barrier magic, a barrier spread from Wane's body, folded by the magic barrier. It looks like a turtle's shell, but it's made of regular glass.

"Be cautious, Wane, because there is undoubtedly something hostile within the forest.Even though I can't see them, there are quite a few of them. I'd guess 20 or more, though I'm not certain." Riyo said.

[Huh?! Can you see it now?!] Robert said.

"I'm still not sure .But the thick fog has changed. So I'm not sure. For now, Wane will go and check them." Riyo said.

While Wane was walking into the thick fog, he suddenly stopped moving and his face looked scared and surprised.

[This is...!] (Wane)

[What happened!] (Christ)

Even though it was not clearly can see, Riyo and Christ didn't understand what happened to Wane.

And then a few minutes later, Wane is back and he says to Christ, what did he see in the thick fog.

[You! What happened?!] Christ said.

[Leader, ther are so many... we can't fight them.] Wane said while a worried on his face.

[Are you an idiot? We need to save the royal princess, and also... what are you saying, demon monster?!] Christ said.

[They are over 50 demon orcs strong, and they also have armor and a sword.] Christ said.

[H-Huh... 50 orcs? Hey...Wane, what you said is true?!] Robert said.

Hmm... What are they so panicked about? Is it only 50 orcs? When I'm in the demon forest, I fought them about a hundred times, and they are just nothing to me. Riyo murmured to himself.

[They also have leader over the orcs.It's an Orc king.] Wane said.

[Huh... This is bad. There is a commander leading the Orcs and also an Orc King.] Robert said.

[For now, the three of my men, I'm going to give them a mission, and they need to hurry to the Zohaya village to give them a warning and evacuate.] Christ said.

[Three of you need to go to the village of Zohaya and tell the leader of the Zohaya village to evacuate his people.] Christ said.

[~~Understood.~~]

The three armored men answered while starting to run.

Christ gave the three armored men orders to go to Zohaya village, where the Riyo family is staying. and the only ones left staying are Riyo, Wane, Christ, and Robert.

"Wait! What did you say?! Why Zohaya Village?" Riyo he asked Christ.

[Well, because there is miasma gathering in the demon forest, which causes so many of them to crowd together, and then they are going to attack the village and start to mate with the female humans.] Christ said.

"Huh! What nonsense. They are so troublesome to disturb my peaceful place." Riyo said while his face is suddenly changed.

The attack started at night. Leaping out from the shadows of the fog forest was a flood of figures who appeared to be a hundred orcs. Within that black fog, countless fiery red eyes shone and they salivated, threateningly reflecting the little light that was left. Their numbers were so plentiful.

[They here they coming out!] Robert said.

[Be ready!] Christ said.

[Hey, Young Riyo, You need to go back to your place. This is so dangerous for a young person like you.] Wane said.

"Don't mind me, I have business in these stinky orcs."

And then Riyo starts to cast fire magic on the orcs. and then run towards a hundred orcs. The three were surprised when Riyo ran towards the hundred orcs.

[Hey! What are you doing? Wane, go and protect that reckless kid.] Christ said.

[I understand.]

Christ glanced at Robert, who was shocked. Then, Wane started suddenly to run while holding the sword towards the orcs. 

Thus, Riyo decided to jump in by himself to fight as efficiently as possible, utilizing his full strength. But even then, he was aware that confronting these hundred orcs alone could be called suicidal. But he was angry when he heard that his village was being targeted by orcs.

"You stinky pig! you dare to come in my village." 

With his lightning magic, Riyo created a sword. He called it "Blue Sword" and then, as it appeared on his hand, the orcs whose heads were cut off were rolling around on the ground. Meanwhile, the other orcs run towards him.

....

9