Chapter 4
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am four now and turns out my day of reckoning is here.

Ahh yes, tossed into a battlefield without weapons as a four year old kid. Living the dream life.

The easiest way to make a mana sick kid to go boom is to kill him. With me, there is a knight who is practically going to act as a suicide bomber I guess. I am inconspicuously hidden among the foot soldiers with a knight. Seems like my father’s kingdom is willing to kill a few of his own soldiers. Fucking scum.

The opposing army is huge. Now to make things clear, I also have no clue as to what professions of fighters there are like knights, mages and what nots. But from what I see there are knights, mages and then cavalry.

From what I learned, our kingdom is called Drachion Empire. Yes my surname too Drachion. My grandfather, Leon Drachion, was the brother of the previous emperor Wolfhart Drachion. The kingdom we are fighting against is the Steelhart kingdom. The reason : territory expansion. So basically no particular reason.

The Steelhart forces consist about 8000 knights, about 200 mages and  1000 cavalry.Do they really expect my blast to be able to kill all of the? Well they are going to be in for a heck of a surprise.

My last four years haven’t been a complete waste. I have tried using mana to whatever capabilities I could. It ain’t much but it’s honest work. A lot of this will be experimental, since I never got a chance to test any of this but let’s hope it works.

Loud horns sounded from each side, announcing the start of the battle. Time to put my death plan in motion.

I started circulating mana rampantly in my body. And strengthened my body to its maximum. I pushed aside the knight holding me and rushed out.

Shit, too fast. I almost dashed a few hundred meters in seconds. I couldn’t control it properly.I was exactly in the middle of the two armies. On second thoughts, this position will work.

I created a strong wind current around me and then jumped really high. I was flying…kind of. It was more like trying to fly, it wasn’t smooth but it was practical.

Liam (Luke’s father)POV

Today was the day my son Luke was going to die. I had never thought I would have to do this. But this was for the best, he would have died later anyway. I spared him the trouble of pain later. At least he wouldn’t feel betrayed by his parents.

Unlike Lucien, Luke wasn’t that smart. He wouldn’t be smart enough to realise his parents had sold him as a bomb to the army.

My father opposed it but Luke was my son the final verdict was to be given by me. Not by my loser of a father.

I would show him, the extent to which I will progress my dukedom to. And with Lucien around, there wasn’t a need for Luke. Lucien was the prodigy anyone would want. Luke was just the unfortunate child. It couldn’t be helped. That’s how life is.

I did what I had to for the betterment of the Drachion empire.

Those were my thoughts just before the battle had begun. But the moment the war horns sounded, something unbelievable happened, Luke rushed out and in the blink of an eye crossed half the battlefield, I couldn’t believe it. Had he finally gone insane?

No, this was not according to plan. We were supposed to throw him among the infantry of Steelhart Kingdom. If he is going on a mana rampage, he would kill anyone in sight. I need to get out of here.

But then the next thing happened which further left me deeply shocked. He jumped up and was now floating. That was just unbelievable. Flying magic that was supposed to be impossible. Mana rampaging, that would explain it.

But the next moment I feared for my life. Luke, he faced towards us and specifically stared into my eyes. I knew the jig was up. Luke knew all along.

I immediately broke the teleportation charm I had brought with me.

1