Chapter 5
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke POV

Motherfucking bastard. He disappeared. The instant I found him and locked my eyes with him, the coward ran away. Bullshit. That motherfucker. God damn it. This was my last chance to get even. Fuck fuck shit.

“BASTARD COME BACK HERE OR I WILL KILL THEM ALL!!” I shouted with mana amplifying my voice. Both sides were eerily quiet . Fuck, this is the end. My body was boiling hot. I was angry for the first time in this life.

All my rationality eroded at this moment. All I could see was mana around me. I barely had any control anymore. I might be blowing up anytime now.

Well, let’s have some fun before that.

Leon POV

Luke my grandson, had been turned to a bomb by his very own father. I was helpless. I couldn’t save him.I was disappointed in myself. Did I really raise this bastard of a child? Liam, he was my biggest let down in life.I never would have thought he would use his own kid, his own blood as a bomb.

When I brought the matter up to the Council of Mages, they all came to the consensus that using Luke as a bomb was the best use of him. He would die by the time when he was 10 anyway. So, killing him earlier, wasn’t any different. I already knew that but nonetheless, I wanted him to enjoy his short lived life.

Matilda, Luke’s mother was no different from her husband. She too like Liam agreed on using him as a bomb. What kind of mother does that?

My wife Ismeralda, Luke’s grandmother hated Matilda for this . The two women have never looked eye to eye after that.

When Luke was two, plans about using Luke as a nuke were made. The whole war could have been won without using Luke. I requested my brother, Wolfhart Drachion, previous emperor of Drachion to convince his son Clayhart Drachion to pull some strings, and call off the plan. But he never responded.

The empire of Drachion was already vast and mighty. A small war like this could have been won easily. There was no need for using Luke. We were the unrivalled power on the entire continent. I couldn’t understand why? Why did they do this?

It seems I had failed as a father for having raised a swine and as a grandfather for failing to protect my grandchild.

Amidst all of this, Lucien one day come up to me and asked why his brother was to be used as a bomb. Lucien was a born genius. He was favoured by both his parents. But unlike them, he was humane, he cared about his little brother.

He asked me if I could stop my dad from using Luke as a bomb. All I could do was remain silent, Lucien was smart enough to realise what the silence meant.

Then the days passed, and it was the day of the final battle. Luke was paired with a knight. The knight was  told to charge along with others and kill Luke, setting off an explosion. Despicable plan.

I was too old to fight in the war. I sat in the Tower of Council of Mages, monitoring the war. As much as I hated it , I was still a general in the army. My brother Wolfhart, and his son Clayhart were also present along with the royal mages and council mages.

The council of mages had a projection tool setup that showed us how the war proceeded in real time.

All our eyes were glued to the projection. The moment the war started, our eyes widened. Luke just rushed out. That was not according to what the plan was. I thought just maybe he could escape.

But the next thing surprised me even more, he flew. Flying magic, an impossible feat.

I could see the faces of mages and the king in deep shock too. He turned around and faced our army. Right at that moment, Liam appeared in the room.

He shouted hysterically,”Luke is undergoing mana rampage.”

Mana rampage, that’s what happens when people with mana sickness reach the age of 10, they undergo a rampage and kill everyone in sight. They way that things were turning out, both armies were doomed.

During mana rampage, individuals would start throwing raw destructive mana around. Friend or foe, they would kill everyone. 

Luke would start throwing mana, that is what everyone had expected . But something entirely unprecedented happened. Luke adopted a weird pose. Then he pulled his hands back. He started gathering condensed mana in his hands in the shape of an orb. Kept gathering mana and kept condensing it, over and over again.

He did this for whole two minutes. Gathered mana and condensed it again and again. It was incredibly dense mana. Luke’s behaviour was unlike any of the previous mana rampages recorded. Never did anyone condense mana like this.

He was facing towards the Drachion army. He knew.

It was silent. But then, he pushed his hands forward. A blue beam emerged from his hand. The beam was fast. Faster than anything I had ever seen. It headed straight for the Drachion army, they were defenceless, killed on impact, they were completely pulverised. Nothing remained.

20,000 soldiers all gone, in the blink of an eye. It was horrifying. They vanished without a trace.

1