Chapter 2
738 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey system, has this happened in an earlier iteration?"

[In-]

"That was rhetorical."

I put my hand on my chin and started tapping my cheek and looked around the room. The dreary colors, no windows, bookshelf with no books, and bed with sharp corners that can kill, sure enough, my bedroom hasn't changed either.

"Nothing changed in my actions, but instead of dying, I came here. I'm not sure what changed. Ah change, you're always so unpredictable. I can't help but love and hate you."

In my opinion, change is like a rose with thorns. If you get too close, you'll feel the pain, but it's just impossible to resist its beauty. As a result, I've learned that change is best in moderation. If there's too much of it, I'll die, but if there's not enough, life becomes monotonous.

"Well, care to answer me, what changed?"

[No change has been detected host.]

"Can you refresh and check again? I've been killed there around 70 times and never been rescued, even when I screamed my heart out."

[No change has been detected host.]

"Yeah, you're a bit useless when it comes to stuff like this. Instead of being a system you should be called a sysdumb." I let out a chuckle, even after all these years I can come up with new material.

In any case, the damage taken to POW probably caused some kind of undetectable change. I'm a bit shocked it's even possible to damage it. When I thought of that thing getting damaged, I couldn't help but laugh.

My laughter alerted someone, and a girl burst into the room and hugged me. I could feel my shirt getting soaked with her tears. This time I was really confused.

This character was my adopted sister. She had blonde hair, green eyes, and was one year older than me. One of those tropes. Normally, having such a caring sister should be a blessing, but I had other thoughts.

'Hey, has the scenario changed? Am I no longer a 2-bit villain in a stupid novel?'

[No change has been detected host.]

I shook my head. A man can dream I guess.

'If there's no change she should hate me. But then why is she hugging me?''

[Unable to answer question.]

This much change this early is a bit too much for me to deal with.

'Do you think it's time to reset?'

[Unable to answer question.]

'Good thing I never needed your input, I already made up my mind.' I wasn't in the mood to explore this new situation any further. I'd rather revert to the original and experience change later.

I pried my sister off my body and poked the closest corner of my bedframe till I started bleeding.

"Yeah, this will work." I nodded in confirmation

Seeing my finger bleeding, my sister stopped crying and looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Brother, what are you doing?"

"Reset."

"Reset?"

"Yep, reset," I told her as I launched my head into the sharp corner. Hopefully, 513 would be standard.

Unfortunately, I was grabbed just before I hit myself.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" My sister screamed in anger as she held my shoulders. I could see her hands were trembling.

At this point, our parents and a few doctors came into the room, alerted by my sister's shout.

With a calm voice, I reiterated what I said earlier.

"Reset."

 

 

Word count will increase as I get more consistent with releases.

 

21