Chapter 3
551 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doctors were a bit annoying. After interrogating me for a while, they told my parents I was suffering some kind of trauma from the incident and recommended they put some protection magic on me so I couldn't complete my reset.

As a result, here I am, alone, sitting in my room, with nothing to do. I have other ways of resetting, but I need a bit of mana before I can use those methods. Therefore, I have to wait a bit longer before I can begin 513.

However, I really wish I could start 513 a bit sooner. I'm slightly worried about the changes in 512, especially the changes that relate to my sister.

It's not about the attitude she had when she came into the room, but the attitude she had when she left.

After the doctors and my parents left, she stayed near me, cried on the bed for a few minutes, and then left. But the look on her face as she left was unnerving. I'm not sure how to describe it. To be honest, all I can say is that it's a look that only absolutely insane people can possess. I've learned from the past to never interact with people like that unless I'm 10 times stronger.

I feel like I'm just imagining it though, there's no way her character can deviate that much from my prior iterations. After all, she's just a one-dimensional character in this novel.

I let out an involuntary groan when I thought of the novel. This stupid thing has trapped me here for millennia. To be honest, I'm not even sure that this is novel, the system never answers questions like that. But a novel is the only way I can describe this nonsensical life of mine.

The protagonist of the novel is your typical harem chasing protagonist. Generic, has a cheat, gets all the important girls, all 7 of them.

I'm the typical 2-bit foil villain who tortures all the characters and gets killed in the finale.

So far everything seems normal, that is until I have to deal with the 'plot holes'.

I'm not really sure what else to call those scenarios, to be honest. In each of them, it feels like I have to pick up the slack the author left behind.

For instance, all of the female leads have 'events', those scenarios where they need to find something that makes them stronger, or need help when they're in danger, etc, etc. In those events, the protagonist is supposed to encounter a female lead, and as they interact, they inevitably transition into lovers.

I have no problem with the protagonist doing that, as long as he can solve the scenarios he should get the reward. But he doesn't solve the scenarios.

I have to.

All of those scenarios, ranging from being bullied to classmates, to killing demons, have to be done by myself.

Furthermore, the wolf attack at the start leaves me crippled, and my body is incredibly poor at using magic.

So I have to wear a mask and do all those events while being crippled. The things I solved in those few years couldn't be resolved by some countries for centuries.

I do all that, just to lose to the protagonist in all our interactions. It's simply one of the rules of the system, a limitation that I can never overcome.

The thought of it all frustrates me. I wish I could've become numb to it at this point, but I can't let it go.

To be honest, I don't even want the rewards from those scenarios. I'd rather not interact with those 1-dimensional characters more than necessary.

I just don't want to do those scenarios, or any scenarios to be honest. My personal scenarios are even more difficult than any female leads' scenario after all.

But alas, there's nothing I can do, I just have to circulate my mana right now and wait for the system to announce a scenario.

However, as I tried to practice, I realized something very unnerving.

"Hey system, what happened to my soul, why isn't it complete?"

[The host's remnant soul was unable to be transferred with him due to excessive damage.]

"What happened after I died in 511?"

[Unable to answer the question.]

"Well, whatever," I thought to myself while laying on the bed.

'I can think about it tomorrow after I wake up.'

20