Chapter 4
1.1k 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The double chapter!

When I saw him again, my tears couldn't stop flowing. After so many years, we finally meet again, we finally meet again brother.

I love him. I love him so much. I love him so much that I want to take walks with him, to feed him, to stare at the night sky with him, and to clip his wings before he flies.

Why, why did he act that way with me? Did he find it fun to bully me, to poison my food, to destroy my books, to humiliate me in front of others, and to make our parents turn their back at me, while he watched with a sneer on his face.

Did he find it fun to save me from those people, to help me rebuild my courage, to travel with me to the ruins, to give me all our hard-earned rewards, to help me tame that bird, to stare at the night sky together, to talk about our dreams, to watch me direct my love to someone irrelevant, to..., to....

I don't know, I won't ever know what he was thinking.

Maybe he thought I'll never find out, but I did. When I- we stabbed you, none of us thought it was enough. For all the suffering you put us through, a simple death wasn't enough. We wanted you to suffer 100 times more. So we took your soul remnant, the last portion of your existence, and extracted its memories. How much pain you felt in that state, I'll never know.

How, how am I supposed to deal with the truth. The bane of my existence, the source of my weakness, is the love of my life, the source of my strength. The same person who I vowed to love all my life was the same person I plotted against, the same person whose soul remnant I tortured to the point of self-destruction.

I couldn't take it. None of us could. All I, we, could do was destroy the other person who lied to us, who took your credit. But it wasn't enough, none of us could overcome our despair.

I- no we, destroyed the world. All we wanted to do was make the world feel as we did.

But it's okay, I was reborn. I know now. I know why you acted like this- jealously towards that person and the world. It's okay, I'll fix both for you.

Don't worry, I'll keep that person alive, I'll make sure he suffers, I'll make sure he lives a life you'll never feel jealous of.

To resolve your jealousy towards the world? Hehe, you'll never be jealous if you never get to spread your wings and go outside. I'll keep those other people away, I'll make sure I'm the only person left in your world.

Yes, it might be unfair since you saved me from the abyss. However, you're the one that brought me down there first. If you never acted that way, if you simply acted normally, then we would've been simple brother and sister. But you pushed me into the depths, then brought me back. Without asking, without telling, you gave me your warmth, and let me feel how it was to be human again. Your choices led to this road of no return.

When I clip your wings, I'll take you away to a cage. A cage where only I can see, only I can feed, only I can talk to you. Maybe you won't like it at first, but that's okay, you'll learn to listen.

So wait for me my little birdie. I'll slowly build your cage. I'll make sure that you never realize what happened until you've lost your wings.

24