Chapter 1
606 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You woke up, feeling groggy and tired. It's strange, you thought as you realized you felt lighter than usual. You groaned, turning to your side and was about to fall asleep again until the door opened.

Wait opened!?

This startled you, making you sit up your bed quickly, wide awake as you tried to find a weapon to fight off the intruder.

Who could have entered? You were sure you have locked everything. To the door and to the window, your heart was beating fast when you didn't find any suitable weapon but a lamp which you were sure you didn't have in your room before. But because of the adrenaline, you didn't bother questioning it. 

You clutched the lamp in your hand, staring at the intruder, ready to chuck the lamp at them the moment they make their move. But, you then you saw something unexpected. 

Instead of seeing a cliche man with all Black get-up and mask, you saw a woman, who oddly resembles you, staring at you with a weird look at her face. It didn't help she's wearing pajamas with aprons on, like a typical mom in everyday mornings. 

"Put the lamp down Y/N, you're gonna destroy it." She scolded you, her voice stern as she stared at the lamp in your hands. You were dumbfounded, how did she know your name? How did she get in? Who is she? Why is she scolding you?

And most of all, why is your room like this? It was bigger and your bedroom wallpaper isn't totally colored Mauve.

When you didn't do anything, the woman pointed out yet again, this time with a scolding gaze. With your confusion on what's happening, you decided to put the lamp down. 

That's when you noticed that your hand had shrunk too and looked like it belonged to a little kid and you're surely not a little kid. You're a teenager that's nearing her debut, not a child in elementary. 

"I have already ran a bath for you, here's your clothes. Get cleaned well ok? We're gonna have visitors today." The random woman said as she picked a child's dress for you. 

You were too dumbfounded. What's going on? Is this perhaps just a dream? If it isn't then you don't know what to call this situation you're currently in.

So it has to be right?

"Huh? Wha-what?" You said dumbly and the woman sent you another questioning look before approaching you.

"Are feeling sick today? You look pale.." She said with a worried tone, putting her palm on your forehead. You flinched at the contact but relaxed when you realized that she's only feeling your temperature. 

"N-no..." You managed to say with a gulp, it feels weird being babied like this. She's treating you like you're her daughter yet you don't even know her.

"M/N, is Y/N awake yet?" Another person decided to enter and it made you more shocked than you already are. It was your father who was now more younger and healthy looking.

He also called this woman your mother's name.

"Ah yes honey, I think she isn't very well though. She's getting pale..." The woman or rather, M/N said as she stood up, running a hand to your hair almost affectionately.

Your father whom you haven't seen for years entered your bedroom and knell in front of you just like M/N had did a few moments ago.

"I should've not let you eat all those ice creams alone..." He chuckled, squeezing your shoulder tenderly. His words made the woman stare at him with shock as if he committed such crime that deserves death as punishment. 

"You did what?!" The woman shrieked in anger and your father flinched as he stood up, laughing nervously. He raised his hand in surrender, dodging when M/n sent a slap his way. 

"Oh come on, it was only three ice creams!" He tried to reason but the woman had none of it as she sent another slap to your father in the shoulder, this time successfully hitting him. 

"What if she gets sick?" She asked before dragging your father out of the bedroom. It was so weird, so so weird seeing your father again and to see him smiling and giving you affection.

It brings tears to your eyes, this was new and you don't know if you hate or love it. You could have had this life if your mother didn't die. 

"Y/N, change to your clothes ok? I'll be back!" M/N said sweetly before glaring at your father who was getting dragged downstairs and with that the door closed, leaving you alone to process what's happening.

It's silent as you try to process what's happening, it hurts your brain to even try. You shook your head, this might be a dream. 

You stood up from your bed, feeling shorter and walked towards a mirror to see what happened to you.

To your horror, it was you but years younger. You have shrunk into a 9 year old, which I tell you sucks since everything looks so big to you. Humans have turned to titans and it's making your brain spin. 

You touched your cheeks, your legs and to your chest to see if the melons are still there but no, you really are now a child.

You pinched yourself hard that it made you wince and your eyes teary but you didn't wake up either.

You spent minutes looking at yourself and around your new room. Many pictures you're sure you didn't take and remember, were on your wall and at the table placed your bed.

It was you and your father and whom you assumed as your mother. You all looked so happy in every picture. Smiling and just enjoying each other's complete and warm company. You saw some family pictures and to your confusion, your auntie wasn't in even one single picture. 

You gulped as you stopped snooping around, 'your' mother might get here and scold you if you're still standing here without doing anything. 

You could hear your mother scolding your father downstairs and it sent a smile on your face unknowingly. This house where you now stayed is no longer silent nor lonely because your parents sure are loud people. 

No empty apartments, no silent lonely rooms, just a house full of warmth and life. Something you wished to have ever since you were a child. 

You stared at the simple yet beautiful dress your mother had sent in your bed. It wasn't too grand, you could even use it at a regular basis but yet again after all you're only gonna have a visitor not a grand party.

It's been a while since you have dressed in something pretty.

You stripped out of your pajamas and slipped the dress in, putting your used clothes to the laundry basket at the corner before finding a comb at the table and began to brush your disheveled hair.

"Y/N, have you changed your clothes?" Your mother came in with a smile, it seems she have calmed down.

She sat at your bed beside you and took your comb, continuing to brush your hair.

You couldn't help but turn around and hug her. Even if this is a dream, having a loving mother just hits different. The warmth she emits gives you a foreign feeling of longing as you hugged her. 

Your mother let out a yelp before laughing, hugging you back almost as tenderly as she can, stroking your hair. 

"Aww there there.." She pat your head with a smile as you pulled away. You only realized this but your mother was really pretty, no wonder your father became so sad after her death.

But yet again it was your fault. If you weren't so hard to bring out in this world, you and your father would live a lovely family like this with your mother. 

"The visitors are the new neighbors, I heard they have children around your age so why don't you make friends with them?" She said, combing your hair again before tying it in a single braid and let it rest on your shoulder.

"Really?" You suppose you can just enjoy the moment of having a happy family and a mother.

"Yeah, make tons of friends!" She said before hugging you, guiding you downstairs where you saw your father sitting at the sofa with a very red left ear.

Your mother probably pinched it. Which you were correct when your father sent a hurt look at your mother who only ignored him. This further made him sulk, however when his eyes sent on you, he literally beamed, forgetting his hurting ear. 

"You look absolutely pretty princess." Your father smiled as you were led to sit beside him.

"Thank you.." You're still not totally used to the kind version of your father. You looked over and saw him watching some basketball match, a newspaper and coffee at the table. You had the urge to laugh, yeah a typical dad. Indeed he is. 

"Do you want to watch cartoons?" Your father had the remote in his hand, about to switch channels so you could watch. However you aren't a 9 year old mentally anymore so you declined.

Your father shrugged at this and set down the remote and continued watching. You could hear your mother bustling around the kitchen as she put dishes in the table, probably for the guests.

Then again you would probably wake up soon enough because this was nothing but a pleasant dream. Even if you pinched yourself already. 

Suddenly the doorbell rang and your mother rushed to open it. You're father perked and hastily fixed the stuff in arm's reach. You, who's still confused as ever and not used to what's happening, could only raise her eyebrow. 

Who are these visitors? Ah right, neighbors. 

"Welcome! Please enter." Your mother said cheerfully as she let the guests enter your house. You heard voices and footsteps approaching.

You stood up to greet them along with your father who turned off the TV on the last minute. When you stared at the supposed neighbors, you were too stunned, beyond speechless at the family that possessed extraordinary beauty. 

There stood a beautiful woman with dark deep violet hair said. You assumed she's the mother, she looks like a fairy, a supermodel even. You wouldn't be surprised if she is. The man beside him, was equally ethereal with amethyst eyes, God was he handsome. 

"Kids, why don't you two introduce yourselves yes?" The woman even have such soothing voice. She gestured beside her and your eyes followed. Her children weren't what you expected.

The two children with them looked exactly the characters of the novel you have read. Yet again, you got caught off beyond speechless. You watched as the two of them looked at each other before nodding. The younger girl in your age made her move to introduce herself first. 

With one graceful move, she moved forward and you were embarrassed when you caught yourself admiring her beauty. 

"Hello, my name is Christina Alderich. Thank you for having us." The cute beautiful child introduced herself before bowing lightly with a smile. You're sure the room lit up almost immediately at her smile.

"Mine's Anthony Alderich, you can call me Theo." The handsome older boy introduced himself next. He's almost stoic, slightly bowing as he stood beside his younger sister. 

You felt yourself about to faint.

What is this?

Edited : March 1, 2022

3