Prologue: I’m The Protagonist!
237 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I run hard, my legs and lungs hurting.

"Keiweek!"
"Kekekwi!"
I hear the foreign language of the small green humanoids, commonly called 'goblins' behind me.
An arrow then narrowly misses me scratches my cheek, letting my wet blood flow onto my face.
I then trip, landing in a small hole, hiding from the goblins.
I heard some noises, but eventually, the goblins left.

I then whisper, "Status," which opens a transparent box, similar to a game screen in front of me.

Name: Seta Kazuno
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS, Agility E, Endurance E, Stealth F, Survival F

How did this happen, you may ask?
Well, it all happened started lunch break...

**********

I was eating alone, as I had no friend or girlfriend to spend my time with.
Then suddenly, strange glowing symbols appeared on the floor.
While everyone was frozen in shock, a bright light entered my vision, causing me to involuntarily close my eyes.
When I opened my eyes again, I was greeted by the interior of what looked to be a medieval castle. The ceiling is twice as tall as the school, and the gold sparkles on everything. I look down and see the clear, cold marble floor stretching across the large room.

"Welcome, heroes," a pristine says, which I then look towards the voice. The voice belongs to a woman who has long curled blonde hair and an angelic face.

When I see her, I'm so shocked that I speak my thoughts. "Beautiful..."
I look around and see many of my male classmates in the same predicament.
When I notice the girls chastise some of the guys, though, I quickly shake off any appreciation for her looks and listen to her.
"I know this may be sudden, but I have summoned you all to this world, different from your home. Now, if you would be kind enough to say the words 'Status', you will be able to view your status window, a gift from the goddess which helps humans grow with levels and skills."
I hear a few of my classmates say status, and I quickly follow suit.
"Status,"

Name: Seta Kazuno
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS

I see the floating window appear in front of me suddenly, causing me to flinch, then I read the information on it.
I then click on the Language SSS on the window, which shows another window.

Skill-Language
Rank-SSS
Effects-
SSS-Understand what similar race says perfectly
SS-Learns language impossibly fast
S-Understand what Similar Race says better
A-Learns language incredibly faster
B-Understand What the Same Race says perfectly
C-Learns language slightly faster
D-Understand What the Same Race says better
E-Can Communicate
F-Can Speak

"Alright, you have seen your status windows, correct? If so, would you please place your hand on this," she says, pointing to a bright purple sphere. The sphere seemed alive, with the insides constantly moving around.
The class president, a tall popular glasses-wearing guy with slick black hair; named Seija Minato, walked up and placed his hand on it.
Then, a window popped up, this time showing his stats.

Name: Seija Minato
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS, Marksmanship C, Archery E

'...huh? He has everything I have plus more? Haha... I'm sure more people are going to have nothing but Language SSS... right?'

Then the vice president, a short girl with brown bob cut hair who refused at least 10 guys in the last month as well, a girl called Yua Hirin.

Name: Yua Hirin
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS, High-Speed Thinking-B, Formulas-C, Alchemy-F

'It-it's fine, they are the popular kids, not everyone will have all those skills,'

And I was right, as time went on, the more kids that went up, they had fewer skills and weaker levels.

However, I was the last person left, and the person before had their status like this.

Name: Tanaka Oza
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS, Reading F

'I-I'm the only one with one skill.'

I slowly walked up, hoping nobody noticed my trembling legs.

I then hesitantly placed my hand on the orb, showing my status.

I turned around and saw they were giving me looks of disappointment. I hurriedly looked down and rushed away from the orb.

After that, the princess said she would take us on a tour after she showed us to our rooms.
She lead us, and as the number dwindles, I noticed that only the weak heroes remained, and their rooms had been getting worse.

Once it's just her and me, she leads me down a dark hall.
Once we get to the end, she tells me to open up my room. The door looks clean with symbols at the top and bottom. 

I slowly grasped the doorknob and opened the door.
It opened up to a dark cave, save for a couple of torches.
I turned around to ask why that was my room, but I was pushed into the room.

"Eh?"
I fell into the cave, and the door shut behind me. I then heard the click of a door locking.
I began banging on the door, begging to be allowed out.
Then was when the goblins found me.

*******

Inside the hole, I breathe out.
I look at my status window again.

Name: Seta Kazuno
Race: Human
Job: Hero(300% Experience bonus)
Age: 16
Level: 1
Skills:
Language SSS, Agility E, Endurance E, Stealth F, Survival F

I look at the new skills that I got while trying to survive the goblins.

Skill-Agility
Rank-E
Effects-
D-Gets to Max Speed slightly faster
E-Slightly more flexible
F-Moves slightly Faster
Skill-Endurance
Rank-E
Effects-
D-Lasts at Max slightly longer
E-Slightly more stable
F-Lasts slightly longer
Skill-Stealth
Rank-F
Effects-
E-Sounds made are slightly quieter
F-Presence diminishes
Skill-Survival
Rank-F
Effects-
E-Survives Fatal Attacks slightly longer
F-Surviving becomes easier

Huh? Does it show what the future effect does too?
That means Language SSS is at the highest rank.
While that information is helpful, it's not gonna get me out of the cave.

I let a breath out, sighing about my shitty situation.

I mean, who would expect I would get transported to another world with a game system, then get discarded when I don't have any skills.
...
...
Wait a minute, that sounds like a manga plot.

If so, I would be the protagonist.

I look down at my hands and smile.

"Of course, no wonder I didn't have any skills, it's cause I'm protagonist,"
I get out of the hole, sneaking around the cave.

Stealth F-> Stealth E

Wow, as expected of being the protagonist, my skills rise fast.

Ok, my first task as the protagonist is to kill those pesky goblins and level up!

7