Chapter 2: I’m the Bare-Handed Fisherman in Another World!
219 10 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A towering man with dark brown hair and brown eyes stood in front of the heroes.
He had a rough face and armor that looked it went hundreds of battles, with lots of scars, yet it's clear it is sturdy.
He then took a giant sword, a sword taller than him, not to mention the heroes, and stabbed it in the ground roughly in front of him.

"I am Alexander Trandeir! Heroes, I may only be the one training you before your personal teachers are decided, but don't expect me to go easy on you!"

Seika then walked in front of his classmates and asked, "We're the heroes, you know, what gives you the right to train us,"

Then suddenly, Seika flys backward while Alex was in a punching position.

"Does that answer your question, hero?"
Seika tries to get up but falls down with trembling legs.
Then, the princess walks up to Alex and hands him the orb while saying, "Why don't you show them your status?"
Alex then takes the orb, showing his status.

 

Name: Alexander Trandeir
Race: Human
Job: Knight-Captain(Loyalty->Swordmanship↑↑)
Age: 37
Level: 386
Skills:
Swordsmanship SS, Strength S, Sheildmanship S, Endurance A, Durability A, Sword Aura A, Murder A, Poison Resistance A, Guard A, Agility B, Footwork B, Hand-to-Hand Combat B, Survival C, Lookout C, Parring C, Threaten C, Language D, Hunt D, Cook E, Camp E

"L-level 386?!?"
"All those skills?!?"
The heroes, humbled by looking at Alex's status, said they were readying for training.
Alex handed the orb to the princess then began training the heroes.
...
...
...
"C'mon, one more!"
"I-I can't..."
"If the heroes can't even do ten push-ups, why did we even summon them..." a young knight by the name of Percival, who has long blond hair and bright blue eyes, mutters.
The princess, hearing him, says, "While they may not be strong now, they will grow faster than anyone,"
"O-of course, I never doubted you or the royal family, princess!"
"Fufu, ok, ok. But you should train as well, don't you think?"
"Yes, princess,"
Percival then runs and begins his swordsmanship training.
*******With Seta*******
*Slurp*
*Slurp*
*Slurp*
"Ah...that's some good water."
I take my hands and scoop some more water, drinking it. The water slides down my throat, and some ends up dropping down on the rough cave floor.
After drinking some water, I feel my stomach rumble, telling me to eat.
"Ah, fuck, what am I supposed to eat."
I then look at the underground pond and see various colored fish inside. The underground pond looked like it could fit a small car.
After undressing except my underwear, I step in the cold, pristine water, trying to grab a fish.

However, no matter how hard I try, I can't catch one.

I get out of the water and think of a way to catch the fish when an idea hits me.

'In H*nter X H*nter, G*n waited for the birds to go for the kill before he swung his rod. I can do the same thing with my hands and fish right?'

After waiting a while, I finally see a fish go to eat something.

That something being a smaller fish, with platinum-colored scales.
I then dove for the bigger fish, however, while I do touch it, my fingers slide off its slippery scales, and it dashes away.
I wait for some time, and this time a bigger fish tries to eat the platinum-colored fish, and I once again try to catch the fish.
While I miss it, I realize that the platinum-colored fish is the prey. I stake out the platinum fish, trying to catch fish.

After 7 more tries, I eventually catch a fish.

Hunt F gained

Hm? Well, I need to cook the fish first though.

I take some useless parts of my uniform, like the tie and overcoat, and try to light them on fire with two rocks.
After about 7 minutes, I finally have a fire, albeit a small one.

Gained Camp F

I then start scratching the scales off of the fish, taking out the organs and eyes, as well as placing it above the fire to cook.

Gained Cook F

After the fish is done, I hurriedly eat it. It tastes incredibly bad, with some parts too burnt, others not cooked enough, but my hungry could care less.

After that is done, I check all my new and upgraded skills.

Name-Endurance
Rank-B
Effects-
A-Lasts considerably longer
B-Moderately more stable
C-...
Name-Survival
Rank-C
Effects-
B-Aging moderately slows
C-Dying becomes slightly harder
D-...
Name-Luck
Rank-F
Effects-
E-Arrows miss more
F-Luck is slightly better
Name-Hunt
Rank-F
Effect-
E-Track Prey
F-Slight increase odds of catching game
Name-Camp
Rank-F
Effect-
E-Slightly heals all while sleeping outdoors
F-Set-up slightly easier
Name-Cook
Rank-F
Effect-
E-Prepare moderately better
F-Prepare slightly better

After checking my skills, I feel my stomach hurt.

"Ah... I didn't prepare it well enough."

Then suddenly, the pain is gone while a glow comes off me, and my pain is gone.

Luck F -> Luck E

"You protected me from the other fish, so this is the least I can do," a fishy voice says.
I look at the voice and see it's the platinum fish.

'Wait a sec, I know this development!'

"Say, do you think you could find a way for me to leave this pond and come with you?"

'I WAS RIGHT! ANIMAL COMPANION GET!'

8