Chapter Two
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was reluctant to check his text because I was scared if he found out that I was stalking him. My chest became tight and my breathing became rough.

Did he see me? Did he catch me following him?

My trembling hand reaches for my phone and then I shove it in my school bag.

Ahh, I will apologize to him when I get back home. ...I'm sorry Kawākari.

Why is she not picking up? Is she taking a bath? Or? Is she sleeping?

"What's wrong Kawākari?"

"Ahh, Midori... I just texted my friend that I was leaving and I was going to text her again once we get there, but she's not checking her phone. I wonder if she got home safe..."

"Have faith in her! I'm sure she got home safe."

Yato...

I nod my head in agreement and look back at my cellphone.

Maybe I should text a few more times just in case.

(Hey, I just got on the train with my friends and I will text you when I get to my destination.)
(Are you okay?)
(Please answer my text.)
(I'm just making sure you're okay.)

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

Just how mad is he?

I was on my front step when I heard the consecutive notifications of text messages from him. I open up my bag and grab my phone. I open up the text messages and my eyes were wide with surprise.

I'm stupid... I was worried for nothing.

I wipe a tear away and text him back.

(Hey, I just got on the train with my friends and I will text you when I get to my destination.)
(Are you okay?)
(Please answer my text.)
(I'm just making sure you're okay.)

(Yeah, I'm okay.)
(Sorry, I was occupied by something. )
(Okay. Stay safe.)

I'm really stupid. Why did I assume that?

*Ding* *Ding*

(It's nice to know you're okay.)
(I will text you again when I get there.)

(Sure thing.)

"It seems like Kawākari got his answer." Yato said to Midori.

Midori looks over his shoulder and sees his junior smiling at his phone.

"Hmph, it's either that or he's looking at porn."

"Pfft! Porn!? ...Well, he is at that age. I wonder if that friend he's texting is actually his girlfriend."

"Could be, but that doesn't matter to us because he has us." Midori scoffs and looks the other way with a cunning smile.

Yato shakes his head and smiles as well. "Yeah, you're right. There's no way a girl in his school can beat us handsome devils. I'm pretty sure if we went to his school, the girls will fawn over us."

"True, after all, three out of four of us are famous. And soon, he will be famous too. I wonder, how did a high school student like him got be one?"

"Oh. Hey guys! I got a text back from my friend. She's okay. ...Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Why are they glaring daggers at me?

" " Never mind. It's nothing." "

"Huh?"

What's up with them? ...It's good to know that she got home safely though. How long is it going to take to get Tokyo. I shouldn't have said that I would text her back when I get there.

*Beep* Arriving in Tokyo Station in 25 minutes.

Okay, it's not that long. Thank god for the Express Lane!

Why do I feel lonely? Is it because he left? I normally don't feel this way towards him, but I feel kind of dead on the inside. Kawākari you stupid head. ...I wonder...

I sit up from my bed and look towards my study table. His gift laid there lonely, dead center on the desk.

Should I?

Thinking about if I should play the audio CD, I decided to open up my laptop, turn it, and place it in front of me. I got up from my bed and take the CD off my desk and pop it into the disk tray.

It's starting!

"Hello! Thank you being one of the few lucky 100 to buy this audio CD! I'm so glad we met and we can see each other like this!"

Ahh!!! I'm so glad we met too!

"Shall we start our magnificent time together?"

Yes! Yes! Yes!

A few minutes into the game, I was more than enjoying my time. I pause the CD and took a little break. I remove the earphones and lay in bed, occasionally opening and closing my eyes.

What an amazing gift! ...What should I get him? Hmm... ... ... On a second thought, I never realize that I don't know much about him! I know for a fact that he knows more about me than I know him...

*Ding*

Hmm?

(We made it to our destination! \(^o^)/ Next stop! Our hotel room!)

He made it there safely. Thank goodness.

(Okay! Don't forget to text me before you sleep.)

(I will!)

Should I ask him? But he said that my smile is more than enough...

(Um... Can you take a picture of you and your friends?)

(Ara?)
(Um...)
(Well, it's not the entire group... But I will give you a group picture of us when the whole gang is here.)

There's more!?

(There's more of you?)

(The last member is not here, but he's waiting for us at the hotel.)

Another guy? Ah!!! A foursome of all guys in one room together!? A forbidden love in a single room! Wait, calm down!

(I see... Take care.)

I will.

"Kawākari! Let's get going!"

"C—coming!!"

Making our way to our hotel, I was looking at the night life here in Tokyo. Even though I've seen it a couple of times here already — — it still surprises me sometimes.

"Hey! Look! Look!" Yato announces. He runs up ahead and points to this multistory building in front of us.

"What is it Yato?" I ask him with questions marks over my head.

Midori pushes up his glasses and informs me, "This is the venue for our big conference regarding the game's progression and reveal."

"Reveal? What's that suppose to mean?"

"Remember about the deal? The deal was—"

"An agreement to release my name and appearance to the public. Yes I know that. ...I just didn't expect for it to be so soon..." My head slumps towards the sidewalk.

"There's no need for you to be so down. After all, you have us to keep you company."

"!!"

Midori steps forward and grabs my chin. He was so close to me that I can feel his breath touch my lips.

I regain my sexuality and slap his hand away from my face. I glare daggers at him and walk towards the hotel, but Yato was in my way and he hugs me in his gentle embrace.

"See Midori! You made our poor Kawākari scared. Are you okay?"

"!?"

This time, Yato was the one who held my chin and peered into my eyes.

What's wrong with these guys!? Their charms are enough to capture any girl's heart, so why are they okay in settling with me!? And aren't these guys like in their mid 20s and I'm just a high school student? There are so many things wrong in this work profession of mine!

I push Yato away and straighten myself out. I turn back to the two of them embarrassed and continue towards the hotel where Aoiki is.

"Did we anger him?" Yato said in a apologetic voice. Appearing beside him, Midori plants his hand on his shoulder and said, "No, he's just tired of our games, but needless to say, they're not games."

"Hey Kawākari, are you hungry?" Yato asks.

"We can eat at the hotel with Aoiki. Now shut up and let's meet up with him."

"Sheesh! When did he grow up?" Yato asks Midori while pointing his finger to him. Midori just shrugs his shoulders and follows behind.

These guys are out of their minds. At least Aoiki is normal, though his jokes are quite mean when he plays along with them. *sigh* I want to be with Airis...

*Achoo!* Brr!! It's getting cold over here. Huh? It's snowing!!! If only Kawākari is here...

*Achoo!* Still got a ways to go... Huh?

I look skywards and it started snowing.

"Snow? Hey! Let's hurry before we freeze out here!"

"I don't have a problem."

"Me neither."

Both Yato and Midori retort back to me. Both of them were wearing winter clothes. I coldly stare at them and hurry on ahead, but Yato and Midori had something else in mind. They nod to each other and act upon.

"Kawākari hold on." Midori said.

I turn around and see him take off his jacket. He puts it on me and said, "Here, use it."

"But what about you?" I ask him out of concern.

He looks at me with calm eyes and said, "I can't bear seeing you suffer in this weather."

His words struck me at heart and I became flustered.

Out of nowhere, Yato wraps my neck around with his scarf and said, "Yeah, we can't let our sweet Kawākari catch a cold before his big day." He ends with a smile.

I was a lost for words at their kindness even though I treated them in an awful manner.

"T-thank you..."

These guys... What lively people they are...

Finally at our destination, a fearsome red head awaits us in the lobby. His crimson eyes and devilish appearance strikes strongly into my soul, however; he's gentle and kind in some ways.

Our last member of the group, Aoiki was sitting comfortably in one of the sofas in the lobby reading, what seems to be documents pertaining to our meeting in a couple of days.

"Ah! Aoiki! Thanks for waiting for us!" Yato said as he waves his hand in an elated manner.

His eyes glance over to us and glance back to the document.

"Welcome. Hurry up and let's head to our suite already."

He folds the documents in half and kicks up from his resting point. He grabs his bag that was by his feet and walks towards us.

Aoiki and I stare at each other for a moment and walk over to the receptionist. Yato and Midori follows suit.

After checking in, we headed to our suite that's on the fifth floor.

"We can finally rest for the night!" I exclaim in rejoice while riding the elevator up.

Then all of a sudden, Aoiki pulls me away from the elevator doors and pushes me up against the back wall. Not only that, but Yato and Midori joins in on the fun and surrounds me.

"He!—"

"I've waited for so long. I can finally spend time with you. ...This past week was unbearable since I couldn't see you and you won't answer back my messages."

"I—I had exams to do... What can I do about it?"

He slams his palm, nearly missing my head. He says as he draws near, "You could've at least said so. I was left worrying about you, but now... I can spend the night with you. I'm not letting you rest."

"Hey, Aoiki, we're not letting you get ahead of us." Midori said in a stern voice.

"Yeah!" Yato agrees.

"Tch! I wish you guys can go somewhere else."

*Ding*

"What did you say!? — —"

As the three of them argued, I manage to slip by and grab the suite key from Aoiki as he was distracted by them.

I step off, press the 12th floor button, and let a group ladies in their early and late 20s to step on with them.

The girls knew who they were and came onto them as fans of the game, asking for autographs and other fan related activities.

Aoiki, Midori, and Yato were suddenly stunned as the unnoticed mob caught them in their grasp.

Before the elevator doors closed, they all caught a glimpse of me, staring coldly back at them.

"Kawākari!! Wai—!" The elevator doors close on Aoiki just before he reached out to me.

I heave a sigh of relief and keep my hand on my beating chest.

These guys are lunatics!! Frisking me in the elevator and surrounding me like I'm some kind of animal. *sigh* I wish that this can go by fast so I don't have to deal with them later.

I then was captivated by the festive lights from the outside. I walk towards the glass window and gaze upon the elegant snowscape view.

If only Airis was here... She would love to see this.

After sulking for a bit, I went ahead and begin the search for our suite.

In the elevator, under the commotion of their fans, the trio were seething for allowing Kawākari to escape their clutches.

Opening the door to the suite, I was astonish to see that there are four beds, each for one of us.

I flop onto one of the beds that is closer to the view and exhale in comfort.

Finally... Oh, I have to text Airis.

*Ding!*

Kawākari?

(Hey! We finally made it to our suite ^_^. I'm so tired too. I'm sorry for taking so long. I'm sure you're tired too. Text you when I wake up! Goodnight!♪)

(Oh, I see. I'm glad you got there safely. And it's no big deal. I asked you to text me before you went to sleep. Sleep well! Goodnight!)

Finally! I can sleep too!

I turn off the lights and snuggle deep into my bed.

Goodnight Kawākari.

Goodnight Airis.

I said to myself as I turn off my phone.

I fall back onto my pillow, put both of my hands behind my head, and exhale in delight. I close my eyes and begin to fall asleep.

Crap... I should stay awake for the others... But I'm pretty sure they can get a spare at the front desk.

And with that I fell asleep.

* * *

Hng... Why is it hot all of a sudden? And why does it feel cramped?

I open my eyes and try to move my body, but each of my limps were caught onto something. I bring my head up and find a spectacle that I'm kinda used to since last week.

Three charming guys litter my bed and are on top of me. They all seem to be sleeping well...

I pull free my arms from Midori and Yato's grasp and then I pulled my legs free from Aoiki. I get off the bed with precision to escape their clutches and move to one of the other three vacant beds in the room.

Ah! Finally! Fresh cold bed! Time to get some shut eye.

Zzzzzz.... Zzzzzzz..... Zzzzzzzzz........

"Finally, I can have you to myself."

That voice... Don't tell me!!

I spring to life and flip my intruder on to the bed.

"I'm sick and tired of your jokes!!! Let me sleep damn it!"

I was pinning down Aoiki who was about to violate me. We both were glaring at each other. One set of eyes filled with anger and the other set, filled with intimacy.

"It's not a joke." He grabs me by the shirt and pulls me closer to him.

I still kept a stern face despite how close we were.

He smiles in a cunning manner.

I roll my eyes and escape his grasp. I get off the bed and move to another free bed.

"Stupid..." I hear him rummage through the sheets and settle in.

*sigh* I'm going to be exhausted by morning if they don't stop.

Taking one of the last two free beds, I dig in and get some sleep.

I don't care anymore! Whoever jumps on this bed — — Fine then! I give up. I just want to sleep!

* * *

Morning comes and the air is chill. I stir around, trying to find the end of my blanket so I can shelter them from the freezing cold. The outside world was painted in white and not a single sound could be heard.

"Airis! Are you up yet? Airis!"

I pop out from underneath the covers with disheveled hair and whine.

"U—n. I don't wanna!!" I cried out.

I bring my head back into the comfort of my blanket and go back to sleep.

*sigh* "That girl..."

"Hahaha! Just let her be honey. It's her Christmas break after all."

"If you say so..."

I want Kawākari to wake me up like usual... Zzz... Zzzzz....

"Hey Kawākari! Come on get up! Let's go eat breakfast!!" I can hear Yato yell in my ear.

"Hnng... just 5 more minutes..."

"We have a meeting to get to in 45 minutes. Get up!" Midori informs me.

"...Ugh... Fine... !! Woah!! Hey! Put me down!"

Midori picked me off the bed and was bringing me to the bathroom.

"Wait!"

"Hm?"

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Aoiki demanded.

"I'm going to bring him to the bathroom so he can go wash up, of course."

"Then let me do it." As Aoiki approaches us, Midori takes a step back as if he was protecting someone important.

Feeling a little betrayed, Aoiki asks, "What's the meaning of this?"

"It means I'm not giving him up."

"Oh? So are you willing to give him up?"

"We may be coworkers in the same profession, but I'm afraid I can't give this one up."

"Then let's have a little wager then, shall we?"

"Hou?♪" He puts me down and the two begin their usual showdown. "The usual?"

"Of course!"

"...Hey Yato! Where are we meeting anyway?" I turn to Yato who was casually sitting down on the bed.

"Hm... Ah! Remember that venue from yesterday? We're going to our live broadcast there!"

"L—live?! That quick!? I was expecting to do this a few days later..."

"There's no need to worry though. We will be keeping you in the shadows until the end since we do have to save the best for last right?" Yato ends on a high note.

I nod my head in agreement and then something struck me.

"Oh! What about the announcements? Does our fans know that there will be a big announcement about this?"

"No, not yet, but I just sent out a post on the game's forums on what time and channel they can tune in to watch the live broadcast."

"...Wow you work fast!" I praise Yato highly.

I turn back to the childish bickering beside me and give them a cold stare. I dug into my backpack and pull out a trench coat. I make my way to the door and said, "Oi, let's go get breakfast! I'm hungry!"

Aoiki and Midori stopped fighting and followed behind Yato and I.

Oh yeah! I forgot!

*Ding!*

Kawākari!!

0