Chapter Three
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Good morning Airis! ^^ I hope you slept well. I was about to leave the suite and just remembered to text you. I'm a bad friend for almost forgetting to say good morning... >_<. I'm going to get breakfast with the group and head to our meetings afterwards. Also, you might want to check the game's forums. You might find something juicy there!)

The forum's page? What's happening there?

(Good morning! c: And I did sleep well now that you mention.)
(Hnng... I'm hungry too. I just woke up o: )
(And what's happening on the forums?)

(Go and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure you will be ecstatic about the news.)
(Anyways, I'm going to eat breakfast. Talk to ya in a bit.)

(Okay!)

Now what's on the game's forums that will thrill me? I mean, your game is present is enough for me. I— I miss you... Now let's go check on the forums!

I take my laptop off my study table and set it up in front of me. I restore my session since I left it on hibernate.

The first thing I did was rush for my charger because that was the first notification I saw as soon as it booted it up. I unravel the cords and put them in the outlet and the charger port.

That's one crisis I adverted. Now let's see the forums...

Logging into to the game's forums, my eyes widen with delight as in big white text announces that my otome boyfriend's voice actor was going to be revealed today!

No way!? The voice actor is really going to show themselves today!? KYYYYYAAAAAAA!!!!~~ I want to see my otome boyfriend's voice actor so badly!!! I want to send them an email about how great their voice sounds in the game. I can't wait!!!

I click the post and it said:
"Our dearest fans, thank you for playing our game where we spent many hours working hard for. I hope we have a special place in your hearts even after our livelihood has ended. But today for your enlightenment and our Christmas gift from us to you, we are hosting a live broadcast of all the voice actors of the game.
 
Yes! We mean all the voice actors. Even the unknown voice behind one of your beloved characters of the game. We will be having a one hour live broadcast where the fans can ask the us questions through the forums page or through number on the screen when the broadcast starts. We hope to see you there and answer your questions!♪"

Is this a dream? Or is it reality? I can't believe it... the day where I get to see the reveal of the mysterious voice actor... This is the best Christmas ever! Kawākari's gift and now this! If I die today, I will have no regrets!

*Achoo!* *Shivers* God its cold today... Brrr...

"What's wrong Kawākari? You feeling a bit under the weather?" Aoiki asks in a "normal" heterosexual tone.

"No, it's just a bit chilly today..."

"It's snowing today. Why else is it cold?" Midori points out coldly.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just a lot more nervous than I think..."

Even though the broadcast is still a couple hours away, I can't help, but feel anxious. Especially once Airis finds out that I'm her otome boyfriend's voice actor...

Should I keep my phone off during the broadcast? Or just leave it on silent mode? Knowing her, she will want answers right away once the reveal happens... I'm between a rock and hard place...

I sigh in angst and feel anxious and nervous deep down inside me.

"Kawākari, is this your first time on television?" Yato asks.

"Yeah..."

"Really!? I thought you would've been on at least a couple of times."

"How did you get to that conclusion?"

"Well, because you have a great voice, so I thought you could've been a singer before."

I chuckle lightly and reassure him.

"I see... Well, I wasn't anything significant in the past or even now. I'm still a high school student in his 2nd year, so this is a first for me. Being an voice actor and becoming famous just for that... It's been one hell of a trip with you guys. Nevertheless, I love being with you all, despite all the weird affection you show for me."

I gave out this little speech and when I finally looked back up, all three of them were tearing up.

I just made three men cry...

And before I knew, I had these three cling onto me. Crying out how they were grateful for meeting me and they were proud to have a junior like me be with them.

Of course, we were in a public place and having these guys wallow and cry while hugging someone younger than them will create a very drastic scene.

"Guys! Come on! Stop it! Everyone is looking..."

"We don't care... You said you love us. Only that matters to us." Aoiki said.

Yato and Midori agrees with him.

"Quit the hugging already!!!"

*Ding!*

Airis?

"Uh, guys? Can you let go? I need to answer this."

They look at me with pouty faces and let go.

"Fine." They all dread in unison.

"Ah... ah..."

What does Airis want?

(Hey, I just remembered that you promised me a group picture once everyone is there. Where is it?)

Crap... Should I keep stalling? Or just do it already?

"Um... guys? I promised my friend that I would take a group picture of all of us once we got together. I'm reluctant to do so only because I don't want her to find out about me. She's a big fan of the game and— ??"

Midori puts his hand on my shoulder and assures me that everything will be okay. He urges me to fulfill the promise. I muster up the courage and nod my head in agreement. I access the camera app on my phone and then Aoiki takes my phone out of my hand.

"Hey!!"

I see him walk over to a young woman wearing a pink sweater and blue skirt.

At first glance, I can see that the girl has fallen for him as he asks her for help with the picture.

She agrees without hesitation and follows him.

He orders her to stay and he walks toward us.

"What pose should we do?" I ask in a concerned manner.

Out of nowhere, Yato suggests in an ecstatic manner. "I know! I know! Let's do that!"

"Oh no... not That pose." I groan in misery.

"No no! Not That pose. The Other pose!" He complains.

"No, I think Yato means This pose!" Midori tries to explain.

"No! Not that one either!!"

"Then do you mean That pose?" Aoiki asks.

Yato smiles brightly and agrees with him. "YES THAT POSE! That's the one I've been talking about!"

"Fine... Lets get this over with." I let out a sigh and take a chair with me.

"Are you sure Kawākari?" Midori says in a concerned manner.

"It's whatever!! Just hurry up so we can leave already!" I said.

We all get into our positions and we got the picture taken.

"Kya!! You all looks so handsome! Can I take a picture with my phone too?" The lady asks us with a beaming smile on her face.

Everyone looks at me and I just gave her the okay. It's our duty as the voice actor of a certain otome game to elate a woman's heart.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She hands Aoiki my phone and she pulls out her own. She takes the picture and she thanks us for opportunity. Aoiki was thanked her for her cooperation.

It's finally over...

(Here. This is everyone.)

(...)
(Um... Okay...)
(Who are these dashingly handsome men clinging onto you like you're their queen?)

(These are my friends/coworkers. Let's just say, they have a weird "relationship" with me.)

(...)
(Kawākari...)
(Could it be that you're actually gay?)

(No I'm not!!!)
(I love— !!)
(Never mind that...)
(Forget what I just said.)
(Anyways, I need to get going. I won't be able to talk to you in a few hours. So take care.)

It seems like I've angered Kawākari. Why is he getting upset? I was just joking around. ...But it seems like he does love someone. That's good to know. Can it be his love life is also part of his work outside of school!? Aww, an office romance seems romantic too! ...And here I am with my virtual boyfriend...

I stare at the case of the audio CD and wonder.

If only Kawākari was like you, then I wouldn't mind being with him at all. Kawākari's nice and knows more about me than myself. He cooks, bakes, and is considerate with others. ...6 years of friendship and nothing has changed since then.

It was only then I realize that I'm beginning to feel lonely again after thinking about him. I glance over to my clock and see that it's 5 minutes before 11.

The broadcast starts in 5 hours... what should I do till then?

I look at my phone and go check out Kawākari's picture of his friends.

He said that his friends have a weird relationship with him... What does he mean by that? Could it be that these guys love him? That can be a possibility. ...Naw that can't be it! He said it himself. He's not bisexual. But that doesn't mean these men are... and aren't these men like in their mid twenties and he's only in his mid teens? That's some weird stuff, but I don't mind it at all since I've imagined him in a boy love romance scene.

Staring at the picture, my eyes were focused on him. At first, I didn't realize this, but I didn't know he can look sexy too. I mean his eyes speaks a specific language of seduction just like the other guys.

What kind of work does he do outside of school? ...Well, let's not dwell on it, let's go get something to eat too!

I shouldn't have yelled at her... Ugh, I'm such an idiot... I should apologize later.

The guys and I were riding in a company van to our first meeting of the day. It was a photo shoot to commemorate the Christmas special of the game's progress.

"Why do we have to do a photo shoot!?" I was complaining as my headache grew with intensity.

"It's to give to our fans after the live broadcast." Midori said.

"There's even a meet and greet after that!? Aghhh I just want to relax and stay home!!"

"We haven't done anything yet Kawākari. Stop being a baby. I'm sure this will be a blast for you since it's your first time doing such a thing." Yato tries to cheer me up.

I grumble in retort and tousle my head in agony.

Why am I doing this? I don't even look like these guys... They're way more charming than me. I mean, I have a body that looks like pudding!

During the photo shoot, I gradually enjoyed taking pictures. The single pictures were fun with the increasing sultry looks I gave the camera. The group pictures were no exception. I had fun playing around with the guys as the poses became more playful and jolly. There were some erotic poses we did with each other, but it was all fun and games.

"Good job! Ok, everyone. That's a wrap!" The photographer announces. "Please come over so we can choose a picture to print out. You get to choose one pose out of the many poses we did. Choose wisely, but not to worry. We will give you a CD with all your poses if you feel like going back through them. With that said, who would like a CD?"

We all raised our hands. That was to be expected anyways, right?

Everyone chose their pose except for me. I was the last one to choose.

They brought up the pictures from my photo shoot and DAMN! I look sexy! I didn't expect this! But to choose one from all of these... That's tough, but to see that the others chose something normal, I went ahead and strayed from the path.

"I choose this one!" I pointed with my finger.

Everyone's eyes followed my finger. When they saw the picture of choice, everyone smiled and rooted for me.

"For such a picture to be given to your fans, I think it will be worth it." Aoiki says while smiling.

"Not only that, but it's your first picture to be given out as an upcoming famous voice actor." Midori speculated.

"I want a copy of Kawākari's photo!" Yato claims in a joyful manner.

We were all laughing at such a brave move I did at my first ever photo shoot.

After the photo shoot and given our CDs of our poses, we got back into our van and head over for the second meeting.

"Hey hey. I've heard that the game's getting a Christmas update after the live broadcast." Yato informs us.

Everyone was intrigued by the news.

"Really? So that means we have to go to the recording studio then." I said.

Arriving at the studio, I was given my script for the Christmas update and I was overwhelmed by the setting and lines.

"Uh... What is this?" I ask the directer.

"Your lines?"

"Yeah... I get that..."

"What's the problem?"

"Why am I the one who got the "I couldn't get you anything for Christmas so do I qualify as one?" scene!? Are you saying my character is the Christmas gift and he tied himself up just for the player?!"

"Yes, that's what's written there. So go and do your best!"

I'm going to die in embarrassment!! Not only that, but Airis is most likely going to play this Christmas update.

"Oooo! What great scene to voice out Kawākari! You're really going to be reeling in them girls now!" Aoiki playfully teases me.

"That's not the case!!"

"Mr. Estheim! It's your turn! Please come into the booth!"

I'm ruined...

"Psst, everyone! Come in! Come in!" Aoiki motions everyone to come huddle up.

"What's up?" Yato asks.

"What is it now?" Midori inquiries.

"Remember how Kawākari said that his friend plays this game and she loves playing his route?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Yato asks as he was intrigued.

"After the meet and greet, tomorrow morning, let's snatch up Kawākari, tie him up in ribbons, and give him to his friend!"

"Sounds devious and messed up — — Let's do it!" Midori chuckles evil.

"So Yato? Are you in?"

"Hmm... No I don't want to give him up!"

"But Yato, we took him away from her. He once said that he and his friend always spent Christmas together, but this year, he's spending it with us because of the game. Let's give her the best present anyone can give her." Aoiki said.

"Yes, let's give her, her precious voice actor as her Christmas gift." Midori agrees.

"Fine! I'm in then..."

"Hey guys! What are you doing?" I ask them.

"Oh, no. It's nothing." They all said.

I have a bad feeling about this...

2