Chapter Four
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So how was your recording session."

"!! Uh..."

I shouldn't say... It's too... personal...

"Ah! Kawākari likes being tied up!" Yato shouted out.

Hearing Yato yell this accusation, I retorted back in an exaggerated manner.

"No! I don't like it one bit!! It's stupid and how do people even get pleasure from that!?"

"I don't know. Don't ask me." Yato answers.

"Or me." Midori chimes in.

"Don't even bother. I like attacking others, not submitting to their desires." Aoiki informs us.

I heave an exhausted sigh and wait for Airis's outburst after the show. After the two meetings, I've become mentally exhausted and want to crash on a bed or sofa.

"So what's next?" I ask everyone.

Midori pulls out a folded piece of paper, unfolds it and says that we still have a bit of time before the special broadcast starts.

"It looks like we are free to do what we want until the show starts. What do you guys want to do until then?"

"Eat!" Aoiki suggests.

"I second that!" Yato agrees.

"I want to rest for a bit. I'm tired." I added my two cents. "I'm heading back to the suite if you need me."

"Ah! Kawākari wait!—"

I close the door behind me and make my way to lobby.

"Mr. Estheim?"

"Hm?"

I turn around and a bright blue haired beauty with red eyes was eyeing me. For some reason her eyes were twinkling in a charming way.

"Um!— I'm mean... Yes?"

"Oh my god! So it is you!"

"Excuse me?" I was confuse by her words of choice.

"Oh!! I'm sorry... I lost myself there for a sec. Hehe... It's just... I can't believe you're the mysterious voice behind one of the characters of the game. And actually, I'm a big fan of your route..." She reveals to me as she hides behind her clipboard and peers over with her eyes.

Wait? What did she say? She's a fan? Eh—EEEHHHHHHH!!

"Mr. Estheim?"

"Kawākari's fine."

"Really? Are you okay with that?"

"It's absolutely fine." I glance toward her and switch my gaze back to the floor. "What's your name?"

"Me? I'm Klarisse Masamune."

"Klarisse... is it? Is there something you want ask me?"

"Ah! Yes, where are you going at such a time? Did the recording session already end?"

"Yeah, it's already done. I'm heading back to the suite to rest up before the live broadcast. I'm not used to this lifestyle yet so I got worn out quickly."

"Can it be that this is your first time being on television?"

"Yeah." I nod my head.

"I see... To be famous and be on television at such a young age. I envy you... You said you're going back to your suite to rest up right?"

I nod my head and she continues, "Would you like to have lunch with me, but you are free to refuse..."

Lunch? Now that she mentions it, I'm a bit hungry after finishing our breakfast quickly this morning. I see no harm in her request so why not.

"Sure! Let's have lunch together."

"Really?!"

I nod my head and she cheers.

"Alright! Hey! I know a great coffee shop nearby and they sell the most amazing pasta and cakes there! Let's go there!" She took my hand and already decided.

I give her a smile and said, "You lead the way."

She gives me a joyful nod and all of a sudden, I was on lunch date with a girl I just met.

"Kawākari you liar! You said you were going to the suite to rest up." Yato was biting a napkin in frustration.

"Let's follow them." Aoiki said.

"Yeah." Midori agrees.

Klarisse and I made it to the designated coffee shop and to my astonishment, it was close to the hotel the guys and I were staying at.

I enter the establishment and was amazed by the atmosphere inside. It had a good vibe to it and I can tell that the people here are friendly. What only concerned me was that this coffee shop had a very special theme today, which was based off of the otome game I voiced in.

The coffee shop was equally divided into four sections and each section was sectioned off for each character of the game. Each of the sections were packed with fans of the game.

"Wow!! It's crowded! As to be expected since the game's venue for the broadcast is close by. Hey hey... wanna sit in your section of the coffee shop? Fufufu♪"

"N—no! That's embarrassing... I'm fine at the bar."

"Aw! But I really want to sit there!!"

Klarisse hugs my arm and begged me to sit in my section of the coffee house.

Does the its our duty as the voice actor of a certain otome game to elate a woman's heart card still in effect?

I look at the pouting beauty beside me and I had to cave in since it hurts me seeing a girl be disheartened.

"Fine! Fine, we'll sit there."

She walks me over to a table for two and sits down. A maid came over and greeted us, "Welcome! I see we have a couple of more fans of the mysterious voice actor I see."

"Yup!" Klarisse agrees with her. I only gave a wary smile of the situation.

"Well, here's your menus and I will be back to take your order. Oh, by the way! Everyone who has been in this section of the café gets to do a raffle on how the mysterious voice actor looks like.

If you are close to assuming his identity, you will get a prize from us! After the live broadcast, we will be going through survey to see who's the winner! Do your best to assume who our beloved voice actor looks like!♪"

The maid gives us a small form for the raffle and scampers off to get us water.

"Fufufu♪ I wonder how he looks like." Klarisse laughs and looks at me in a devious way.

So scary!

"Don't worry, I won't do the raffle since it's not fair, but would it be funny if you did though?"

A raffle to assume my identity and have the actual person be there right under their noses? Seems interesting.

"I'm going to do it." I smirked at her.

A big grin appears on her face and she gave her nod of approval. "Do it!"

I filled out the form as it requested.

Name: Kawākari Estheim
Assumed Name of the voice actor: ___________
Assumed Appearance: Purple Hair, Purple Eyes, pudgy body.
Reasons why you assume this?: Just a hunch.

I found some profound excitement doing this kind of prank. It's subtle and harmless.

"I'm back! Oh? I see that you filled it out! Here let me take a picture of you and staple it to your raffle so we can easily identify if you win and might be in the place again!"

She pulls out one of those cameras where it takes a picture and it prints it on the spot. She staples the picture and the form together and gets our orders.

"I can't wait for them to see that the actual voice actor was literally here at their establishment. Oh boy! I can't wait for that to happen."

"Klarisse, are you going to the venue? Or stay here and watch the broadcast?"

"I'm staying here to watch it. I need to see the look on their faces."

"You're so evil — — I like that! Fufufu! Send me a picture when it happens?"

"Sure give me your number."

Nearby, the boy's seniors were stalking him while wearing their clever disguises.

"Those two seem to be getting along... in a weird way." Aoiki says in a shocking manner.

"No kidding." Midori agree.

"This is delicious!!" Yato exclaims as he stuffs his face with pasta.

After exchanging numbers, Klarisse and I begin to have a normal conversation.

"By the way, how old are you Kawākari? You seem oddly young to work in such a profession."

"I'm 16 and I'm a 2nd year high school student."

"So young!!"

"What about you? You seem young as well."

"Embarrassing as it may seems, I'm 21 years old. I just graduated last spring. Looking at the age difference, it's weird how I like a 16 year old and who's supposedly be my junior."

"I don't see it being all weird per se, but if you want to know what's weird. The other three guys love me and treat me as if I'm their queen."

"You mean... Those three? The other VAs of the game?"

"Yup. And they're in their mid 20s already. Why fall for me? Why not a girl!?"

Klarisse laughs light heartedly and wipes a tear of joy.

"Okay! Now that's weird! I don't feel as bad as it seems to be."

"Right?"

After a few minutes, our meal finally arrives.

Klarisse and I were have a great time eating lunch together. Not only that, but the food was great just like she said!

I should bring Airis here. She would love it!

After our lunch, she opted to pay for the food, but I intervened and insisted I will.

"Are you sure? I'm older than you so I should be the one paying..."

"Lunch like these are still considered dates, and usually on a first dates, the man always pays for the meal."

Klarisse blushes and looks at the floorboards.

"Thatta boy Kawākari! Now seduce her!" Aoiki cheers from the sideline.

" "Aoiki!!" "

"I had fun eating lunch with you Klarisse!"

"Yeah, me two. Um, do you have a girlfriend?"

"A girlfriend??? No, not at the moment sadly. I'm still in school and I want to focus on my studies for a bit longer. I'm not rejecting you or anything, Klarisse, but I'm sure one day you will make a wonderful girlfriend for the one you love."

I was lying to her because I was already in love with someone...

"I see. It's good to know that you didn't reject me and still accepted my feelings."

"It's no big deal. Well, take care going back to the studio!"

I turn my back to walk towards the hotel, but she called out to me.

"Wait!"

I turn my head and she continues.

"Can we take a picture together?"

I give her an earnest smile and fulfill her request.

"Thank you Kawākari! Do your best on the broadcast tonight!"

"I will!! I send her off and she rushes back to the studio.

Now then, let's go get some rest.

" " "Kawākari!!!" " "

Oh great...

Without looking back, I made a run for it.

"Ah! He's running away!"

"Get him!"

"I just want to rest!!!!"

"Liar! You ate lunch with a girl!! You should be eating with us."

"No I shouldn't be! I'm not obligated to eat lunch with only you guys!"

With our silly banter, I was left exhausted and the time for our broadcast came down upon us.

0