Chapter 1 Rebirth Arc
1.5k 12 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            “Soooo, you are telling me that you will reincarnate me with anything I wish?”

            Currently I am looking at my life partner otherwise known as my dog, and no I am not joking.

            “Yes, I am not a God, but you can think of me as an equivalent existence to a God, only with a small “g”. Reincarnating you is my way of repenting; I am not able to turn back time, but I can reincarnate you with almost anything you desire. Hopefully It will be enough but mind you, I am not all mighty and there are limits to what I can do, my reincarnating you may not be to your exact specifications.”

            Well let’s see what this anything really is, I mean it's not like I am losing anything, right? I will go wild and hold nothing back, I bet he will run halfway through the list, Ha.

            “I accept your offer, honestly this is more than I can ask for." I brought out my Christmas list and started listing everything I have ever wished for but knew that those desires would never come to be. "Please tell me what you can and can’t do within the following: I wish for the power to create anything I desire along with the reverse power to destroy. Second, I want to be immortal, as there are many types of immortality, please tell me which one of them you can grant me. The same should apply to the world I will be sent to, if science is right this world will perish at some point and being immortal in a world of nothingness is likely to drive anyone insane. I also want to be reborn in a decent family, wealth is not much of an issue as long as they aren’t too poor that is, preferably a noble in the middle ages or the equivalent, I always wanted status greater than others. Let’s see what else… oh I want to be able to use magic or be reborn in a world of magic, I don’t know if magic even exists but this whole thing is quite magical to me so if one such world does indeed exist then I would appreciate being sent there, at least I don’t won’t to live in a world as boring as this one, technology is nice, but the modern world is intolerable.”

            This strange being started laughing “Hahaha, quite selfish aren’t you, I like it. After all one should be true to who they are. Now for your requests let’s start with the first one, in truth the power to create is something I have acquired but I can’t simply grant it to you, so instead I will give you access to my power to create and link this request with that of going to a world with magic. Through magic you will be able to use both the powers to create and destroy but mind you I do not hold the Principle of destruction as such your power to destroy will be limited. As I am a holder of the Principle of Order, I will also add the power to manipulate or control your surroundings. Now for your Immortality, you are correct in there being many ways of being immortal as such I would recommend “Eternal youth and health” along with the ability to “Reincarnate”, thankfully I was born with the Principle of Self. The first will allow your physical self to be naturally durable and able of healing faster than others but this is only slightly above human limits therefore there might come a time when a durable physical form won’t be enough. That is why I am also granting you the power to reincarnate yourself. Note that I won’t be there to help you in your reincarnation, given enough time, by which I mean repeated death and reincarnations, you could learn to manage your own reincarnation but that would take much trial and error and I doubt that you will want that, but first there is a warning I need to give you. The soul can decay, as such you will need to have a strong will and be of strong character or else you will become nothing but a living puppet, acting based on the memory of your past self, you will be lacking any will of your own and become shackled to your flesh. Although I doubt that this will be much of an issue for you. As for the matter regarding your family and an eternal world I believe that those were the easiest request you made, I actually have the perfect world for you and that world does include magic and other such powers. You might like it even more as it is undeveloped and with your knowledge and powers you will be able to develop it as you please, or leave it in the Middle Ages, that is all on you.”

            “Wait, you’re serious? Honestly, I thought you would reject just about everything. I now think that I am the one indebted to you.”

            “If that’s the case, would you mind if I pop in from time to time, I like traveling and seeing different things, you my friend seem quite interesting so I would like to see what you do with this new life of yours.”

            “Sure, let’s call it even.”

            “Now I will be sending you to your new mother, it will take about 9 months for you to be born, as you are now a semi spiritual life form it will be boring but please don’t use your powers before your rebirth into the world, you might kill your mother and by extension yourself.”

            Now that’s something I didn’t think about, I thought I would just pup out into the world. It’s not that big of a drawback.

            OR SO I THOUGHT!!!!

            I mean have you ever spent 9 MONTHS unable to do anything, halfway through I started playing paper scissors by myself. There were two silver linings in this whole situation, the first is that even though I was conscious I was usually asleep and the second is that it was comfortable, it was so cozy that frankly I started thinking that the reason babies cried when they were born was because they had to leave this piece of heaven. This type of thinking persisted until one day I received a hit that sent me rolling, I am not sure what was happening on the outside but with all the noise I think that someone hit my mother leading to her losing consciousness and me suffering the greatest amount of pain I’ve received in this lifetime.

            Honestly, I want to pup out right now and see what’s happening. I know the small “g” God told me not use my powers but what if I lose my life again? Well, yes, I will just be reborn somewhere else but that presents its own set of issues such as me being born a serf. I would need to work so much more to rise up in a medieval world, why did I ask for that again? Oh man I should have changed it after I was told about the reincarnation bit!

            I was too scared of killing my new mother to take any action, I know that magic exists, but I don’t know what type of magic exists, hell I don’t even know how to use magic. Stupid old world why couldn’t you be as cool as this one and have your own magic system. Wait, knowledge of my old world, of course! Let’s see, there is that magical word my nephew told me about “status…” Ok that didn’t work, let’s try something else “appraisal…, mind read? Clairvoyance?” Come on!! give me a break is all that crap useless here?

            I continued to worry myself but at some point, I could feel my new mother’s hands caressing her stomach and by extension me, I am not afraid to say that this almost 30 years old man was soothed by that. I mean I am a baby, I guess that even if I am older mentally my body and hormones dictate my behaviour. After a while I slumped back into dream land.

            I am unable to clearly hear from the inside of my new mother, but I was able catch a few bits and pieces here and there. The language in this world is different from any of those I speak and yes your boy here is multilingual, I can speak five languages to be exact although I am unable to read and right in one of them as it was a local language spoken only by the indigenous people of which I was from. I know, it is quite disrespectful to my ancestors but what can I say, it’s best to know what will truly serve you in life rather than a dying language spoken by a handful of people. Man, I can imagine my former mother going to the garden looking for a sturdy tree branch to teach me to better respect my culture and people. I admit it, this was all an excuse because I never really had the time to learn and the few times I tried were met with failure. Are you laughing at me? Well let’s see you learning Five languages, owning a 6-billion-dollar mining company along with the largest solar park in both Africa and the middle east, all of that whilst running for prime minister and ending up foreign minister at the age of 29. Yup I was a true badass, that is until I dyed trying to save my dog from falling down the balcony, oh guess who was inhabiting that dog, yup you got it, the little “g” God. Honestly even with all my so-called achievements I never liked my old life, after all one will always wish for what they do not have, this is something I believe is an absolute truth. This time I am going to a truly interesting world, I mean who doesn’t dream of using magic, that’s every little kid’s dream and don’t you lie to me; being a contrarian for no reason is boring.

            A week after the events that lead to me feeling pain for the first time in this world my mother when into labor, I will spare you the detailed but know this, the mother isn’t the only one in pain when giving birth and I can attest to that!

            Hey boys, if you ever have an argument with your mother, girl friend or wife about childbirth and how painful it is use this in your vain arguments. Actually, I take it back it seems as though I made a huge mistake when speaking to the little “g” God, can you guess it? I am sure you have but then again when you are offered just about anything you tend to forget what you already have or in my case had. Should I reincarnate my self again? I mean I really pondered if I should do so. In the end I accepted my fate, I never really cared about my sexuality and if I am now a girl then I accept it, at worst I will become a lesbian. No that’s not possible, for one who is born into nobility I now have the duty of birthing an heir, but guess what? That doesn’t necessarily apply to me, after all I am immortal. I have years until this becomes an issue so I guess I will deal with it later.

            What can I say? Now that I am born, I truly do miss my little piece of heaven. I was named Elizabeth Verlie or Elly of house Silvier for short. I am the first child of the Independent Duke Verlie, independent because this duchy has no king, it is too small to be a kingdom and too large to be something like a city state. From what I understand, and forgive me if I am wrong, I just started to learn the language in earnest, we use to be a part of the Kingdom of Marzouk but after a civil war and the dissolution of the kingdom the numerous lords started acting as independent petty kingdoms. You might be asking yourself “How did you learn all of this? Weren’t you born like a month ago? How did you even learn their language?” what I would say to you is “Yes my friend, you are absolutely correct but as I was fully conscious since the day I was conceived and as an adult with little to nothing to do I was able to learn the language very fast. As for the info well that’s a bit more complicated.” Apparently, a week before I was born a faraway relative who is also a Duke sent people to kidnap my mother and myself in hopes of forcing my father to make him the heir and if that failed then he was to raise me and marry me to one of his children thus having a caucus belly (a just cause) to declare a war of conquest.

            Honestly this guy is good at scheming, killing me or my mother whilst she was pregnant with me would do him nothing even if I am currently the only direct heir. After all, there would still be a long line of people with a claim to this Duchy but with me marring one of his children then he would have the right to press my claim, it would be even better if I was a girl since women, even when they are the ones to inherit the title and land are given no power and instead it is all transferred to their husband. Yes, I know sexist Middle Ages aren’t the best but then again that’s something I can change if I am given a little time, don’t forget I am quite the politician. There is one thing I am worried about and that is this relative of mine, if he learns that I am a girl he is likely to try to kidnap me again. From the discussion I overheard between my parents they don’t seem to have come up with a plan yet, but they will increase the number of guards. Honestly, I don’t think that they are that smart since I came up with half a dozen ideas the moment I heard the problem but them again it’s not like I can speak.

            Saying that I died after my birth then having me be raised by others until things calm down is a good option. I mean how hard is it to say that I am a boy or to have another baby replace me? Yes well, the rest of my ideas are too cruel so I will skip them but the first few are good. Anyway, forget all of that I will deal with things as they come.

            Now this is what I am talking about I always loved history and the many struggles in medieval times kingdoms, nobles, uprisings, war, schemes and so on. I feel refreshed, maybe I can make myself into someone who would go down in history just like Queen Elizabeth of England, Cathryn the great, Cathryn the Medici, should I include Angela Merkel? Yup I will never accept having a boring life, I might just go and conquer the continent or even the whole world. And once that’s done what should I do? Live happily ever after? Well, that’s in the future, I will deal with it then. For now all I really want is to sleep, having a 1 month old baby body is quite annoying.

44