Chapter 9: Girls vs. The Queen?!
5k 17 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have reached Area 10] [Barrier of the Queen: Active] [Boss music: On]

We froze in our tracks the moment we saw it—an absolutely massive barrier of shiny, rippling slime that walled off the path onward. Even before I explored the surrounding forest to confirm, somehow I just knew that there would be no way of getting around it.

The game had been the same way. In the Smut Clicker I played, the world of Lewdarra was divided into nine ‘playable’ regions, each ruled by one of the demon queen’s generals. They were basically boss monsters that had to be defeated in order to unlock the next region. After defeating all nine bosses, Lucie and her harem would travel to the final region and challenge the demon queen herself in Area 100.

Beyond that point, Lucie could open a portal to a ‘new’ version of the world, starting from this region again. The enemies would all get exponentially more difficult—and worth exponentially more gold.

There was a lot more to it, but in that way, Lucie could keep playing and smutting with all her girls through the same world that kept repeating itself, over… and over… and over…

A sudden wave of nausea made my head spin. I nearly tumbled to the ground until I felt Kyra grabbing my arm to hold me steady.

“Mistress, are you alright?!”

“W-What? Oh. Yes, I’m okay. I just had this feeling like… nevermind, it’s nothing.” I took a deep breath and put a hand over hers. “Let’s get back on track and take this one step at a time.”

I still wasn’t quite sure what came over me. For the moment, I mentally cast it aside and focused on our surroundings.

To our right, the forest opened up to a small space that could be used for some kind of staging area. In the other direction, a giant lake stretched out almost as far as the eye could see. Its calm blue surface made the water look perfect for a swim—at least, until I sensed an ominous presence waiting for us.

“It’s there,” I said. “Be careful.”

Kyra gripped her dagger a little tighter. “Please, allow me to investigate!” She took off running.

“No, wait!”

By the time I called out to stop her, it was already too late.

A column of bubbles rose to the lake’s surface. A moment later, the water above began to churn violently.

I sighed. “Okay Kyra, listen up. If my memory serves me, then we’ll have to finish this off quickly. There will only be a few seconds before we run out of time and it… Oh my god.”

A pillar of slime shot up from the water. It grew bigger every second, bulging and overflowing with more slime. As the towering mass of goo drifted toward us, two arms and a vaguely feminine face began to take shape.

Seeing a giant boss monster up close and personal like this, well… I found myself taking a few steps back.

By the time she was nearly within striking distance, the colossal slime girl had formed two massive assets on her chest.

“Oh my,” she said while flexing her huge slimy fingers. “Are you the bad girls who have been slaughtering all my pretty little slimes? I’ll just have to deal with you myself.”

 

[Boss: Tenebra I, Queen of Slimes] [HP: 2975/2975] [DMG: psychological]

[Boss perk: Vitality Boost] [Ultimate skill: Slime Time!]

 

“Get ready!” I shouted. “She’s going to start—”

[10]

“Kyra, aren’t you going to attack?”

[9]

“I was waiting for your signal!”

[8]

“Well, it’s a little late now!”

[7]

“Um, Mistress…”

[6]

“What happens when time runs out?”

[5]

“The boss’ health resets to full…”

[4]

“And then I think she…”

[3]

“Oh, shit…”

[2]

“Kyra, RUN!”

[1!]

“Mistress, what are you—”

“JUST FREAKING RUN!”

“Your time is up!” the slime queen said. “And now, it’s my turn to play~.”

I looked back to see countless slimy tentacles thrusting toward us. With some frantic help from my wings propelling me forward, I was able to gain enough distance to escape the boss’ ultimate skill.

Kyra wasn’t so lucky.

As fast as she could run, she wasn’t fast enough. The first tentacle that wrapped around her ankle pulled her straight off the ground. One by one, all the other tentacles of slime looped and coiled around her body.

“AAHHHHH~!” she shouted. “Oh, save yourself and go on without me!”

The sorry sight of her slimy tentacle-covered body struck me with too many emotions at once. That skill shouldn’t last too long before they released her, but I couldn’t just leave her like that!

I turned around, summoned my whip and lashed at the tentacles binding her. For every tentacle my weapon split apart, I noticed two more that seemed to take its place and wrap around her.

What I didn’t notice was the slime queen coming closer—and her new slimy tendrils aimed at me.

“No! Not again!”

Within a matter of seconds, it was too late. My whole body shook and trembled at the overwhelming sensation of solid slime coiling around me. I gasped when I felt sticky goo squishing against my breasts.

“Oh God, what’s happening?! Now there’s a tentacle in my dress! Shit, shit!”

“Mistress, I’m sorry! You didn’t have to—Sliiiime!”

“Damn it Kyra, this is why you don’t—Sliiiiime!”

“Sliiiiiime!”

[Sliiiiiiiiime~!]

♡♡♡

[While you were cleaning up from your free ‘slime bath,’ you have gained: 2080 Gold!]

After a minute that felt like an hour, the slime queen finally gave up and retreated back into her lake. Even though no tentacles tried to wriggle their way inside, I got an awkwardly slimy reminder that I still needed some new panties…

Kyra was more than a little apologetic about what had just gone down. Even after I comforted her, she desperately wanted to make up for it however she could. We did need to get more gold for some Level Ups anyway, so she happily agreed to my next plan.

I sent her back to Area 9 to farm more slimes with two conditions: focus on avoiding taking damage instead of dealing it out, and take a break if her HP got too low so she wouldn’t die. At the time, I had enough gold to buy her one more Level Up. I gave her a little present before she left—mostly so she could earn us more gold faster, but she was happy regardless.

[Kyra reached Level 8! +100 Max HP, +10 DPS]

In hindsight, I didn’t expect us to clear the boss on our first attempt. The fact that she didn’t have a ‘normal’ attack didn’t matter, and neither did my new combat skill. At our Levels, the two of us had no chance of dealing enough damage to defeat the boss in just ten seconds before her ultimate skill was fully charged anyway. Getting tentacled with all that slime might have been avoidable, but for some reason, it had been kind of exciting…

At any rate, another epiphany dawned on me. Kyra’s ‘error’ had created a golden opportunity to expand my harem, summon the next heroine and introduce her. Even if Kyra would still be unhappy in the short run, we could obviously use another to help us with this slimy obstacle, right?

Well, the idea was solid in theory…

First came some exploration. It didn’t take more than a few minutes to confirm that there was absolutely no way around the barrier to the next region. I could see that the trees up ahead got thicker and longer—I mean, bigger and taller—but getting there was another issue.

There would always be some kind of insanely steep hill, impossibly dense trees and brush, or some other natural obstacle that made skipping the boss out of the question. I didn’t dare to venture too close to the lake at the moment, but the outcome was clear enough regardless.

[Lucie, what are you doing? Are you… lost?]

“Ugh, you totally know that I’m just…! Actually, let me try asking you this: is there any way around that barrier?”

[Nope! The demon queen’s generals always make sure to keep their territory secure~.]

“But it looks like she never leaves that lake unless we get close. Are you sure?”

[💯]

Suddenly, a few icons on my virtual interface lit up brighter.

[Total Gold: 2215] [Cost to summon next heroine: 500 Gold]

[A new heroine is available to you!]

“A distraction?” I sighed. “That’s suspicious coming from you. But hey, you’re right! At last, it’s finally time to summon—wait, didn’t I have more than enough gold to do that a little while ago?”

[Summoning is currently disabled while you are in combat!]

Hmm, that was new… and it made no difference right now!

I hurried back to the open ‘staging area’ opposite the slime queen’s lake. After I got as far away from the boss’ spawn as I possibly could, I tapped my interface one more time.

[Would you like to summon Vixy, the Faux Spirit?]

Yes, ohh yes~!

 

Spoiler

“Uh, Goddess System?”

[Yes, Lucie? ┬┴┤ ( ͠° ͜ʖ├┬┴]

“Could you please start making me some new panties…”

[Yes, Lucie! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

“Without making those faces at me…”

[collapse]
107