Chapter 10: Fox Girl’s Dilemma
5.3k 17 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Would you like to summon Vixy, the Faux Spirit?]

I couldn’t keep myself from trembling with excitement.

While Lucie had always been my number one waifu in Smut Clicker by far, Vixy easily came in the top five. Admittedly, I might have been a little biased when it came to fox girls, but that was beside the point! It didn’t matter that she only ever got one tail as a fox spirit—

“Wait a minute. System, why does it say ‘Faux Spirit?’ Is that a typo?”

[Nope! That is most certainly correct, Lucie~.]

Hmm… “Can you show me her bio real quick?”

[Legends tell of a nine-tailed fox whose powerful magic will help rid this world of the demon queen menace. Born a natural prodigy of pyromancy and a decidedly feisty fox girl, Vixy always dreamed of adventure as that very fox spirit of legend. Unfortunately for her, Vixy only has one tail. And she’s definitely not a fox spirit.]

That’s strange… Either I was getting confused with one of those weird fan theories about her that I had read before, or her bio was completely new and different from what I remembered.

I had to see for myself.

After a couple taps on my interface to confirm spending 500 gold, it began. A summoning circle full of overlapping triangles and complex geometry lit up on the grass ahead. A few seconds later, a dark beam of light erupted from its center, and a girl materialized in front of me.

Light silvery hair, a pair of fox ears overhead, bright fiery eyes, a curvy figure beneath her ‘traditional’ fox spirit robes, and an irresistibly fluffy tail wagging behind her…

It’s fox girl time!!

[Name: Vixy, the Faux Spirit] [Age: 19]

[Level: 1, HP: 400/400, DPS: 52]

[Cost to next level: 534 gold] [Next upgrade available at: Level 10]

“Alright!” we both cheered.

…Huh?

“I knew this day would come!” Vixy said with a big, confident smile. “The great conquest against the demon queen has finally begun, and you’re some sorta angel who needs my help! Right? Right?!” She hopped up and down on the spot.

Well, her voice was kind of familiar, but her enthusiasm caught me way off guard.

“You are really Vixy?” I heard myself asking.

“The one and only!” she answered with a flourish. “Behold!” Vixy waved a hand in front of her face. A moment later, it burst alight with crackling flames. “You have nothing to fear! My foxy fire magic is the real deal, for I am destined to become the spirit of legend!”

She could cast some fire magic alright, except… it wasn’t exactly the usual fox spirit-y kind of fire magic. I noticed her robes were also a little shorter on the top and bottom, showing off more of her supple breasts and sexy legs. Actually, that part was even better than I remembered!

Then again, I knew I shouldn’t be comparing the fox girl in front of me to my memories; something just felt off. It almost seemed like I was witnessing an imitation of the ‘real’ heroine Vixy I knew so well from the game Smut Clicker.

Or was it the other way around…?

It doesn’t matter; I just have to recruit her now!

I spread my dark angelic wings all the way out and gave them both an imposing flap. “Yes, you are just the one I have been looking for. The power of the Goddess flows through me. My name is Lucie, but if you—”

Vixy leapt toward me with her tail wagging even faster. “That means you can get me more tails now! I mean, I can get me more tails now! Of course I will! I’ve been training super hard, you know, and… and my efforts have got to show up soon!”

“Uh, that’s, well…”

Something was off; her first scene didn’t go like this!

Vixy was a genuine fox spirit in the game—with a huge caveat. All of her upgrades were supposed to give her more fluffy tails up to nine, but the developer never actually updated her character model to show them. Not even her smut scene CGI gave her more tails! The players had to rely on fan art to see Vixy in all of her nine-tailed foxy glory!

“Is something wrong?” Vixy asked, a little less confident now. “You can help me get more tails and become the foxy of legend? Right? Right?!”

I still wasn’t quite sure what she was on about. Regardless, it would have been easy to trick her and say that I could. But…

“I don’t know,” I said with a sigh.

“What do you mean? Aren’t you with the Goddess?”

“It’s complicated… Look, you’re doing just fine with one tail! Why worry about getting more?”

Every passing second deflated her confidence a little more. After another silent moment, she fell to her knees. “It’s impossible, isn’t it?” My heart sank at the sight of her drooping fox ears. “It’s not fair. I tried so hard to get stronger, but just because I wasn’t born a fox spirit…”

“Seriously, why do you care so much about this?”

Vixy stared up at me with big, pleading eyes. “That’s… That’s how a foxy gets more powerful! My village is counting on me to grow stronger and help slay the demon queen for everyone! And, um…” She looked away before mumbling the rest. “Nine-tailed foxies are more popular…”

Ah, the eternal desire for approval strikes again.

I found myself kneeling down in front of Vixy and patting her soft head of hair. Her cheeks turned red at my touch, and her tail started to wag again.

“When the elders called me a magic prodigy,” she began again with a sniffle, “they told me I could do anything if I worked hard enough. Even getting more tails. So I… I just thought that—”

I couldn’t bear it any longer. I gently wrapped my arms around her and pulled Vixy into my breasts.

“Nnh~!”

She let out a hot gasp of air that blew down my chest. Her fluffy fox ears tickled my cheeks, each new breath coming in and out faster and faster. I shuddered at the familiar stimulation heating up between my breasts, but this time, I was better able to maintain my composure.

It didn’t take long until she started hugging me back.

As strange as this newly summoned fox girl had been, a stranger thought came to me. For some reason, this Vixy felt far more ‘real’ to me than the game character I had known who shared her name. For some reason, I felt like I had known her for much longer than a few minutes.

If we had an eternity to share, maybe we could have stayed like this forever. Lucie had many things, yet time control wasn’t one of them.

At this rate, it felt like I might ‘fail’ her recruitment process into my harem—I mean, party. That wasn’t even supposed to be possible, not any more than a ‘normal’ fox girl getting eight extra tails! Maybe a fox spirit could, but how would she?

It was a conundrum that had baffled humanity since the dawn of time:

Where do the tails come from? How does a foxy get them? What am I supposed to tell her?!

Still, with a cute fox girl like her nestled in my arms, maybe running out of time on my Corruption curse and going smut-crazy forever wouldn’t be so bad…

My eyes were drawn to a suddenly bright box on my virtual interface.

[Total Gold: 12,635]

Huh? Damn it, system! Don’t interrupt my ‘moment’ with Vixy like—

Wait a minute. Kyra had already farmed that much gold?! Well, it had been at least a half hour or more since she took off.

At first I thought the system had just been messing around again. Now, that gave me an idea.

With a few taps, I could customize exactly how many Level Ups I wanted to purchase. Since Vixy was the only heroine in the system’s current range, only her stats showed up right now.

[Cost to buy Vixy 9 Levels: 6371 Gold] [Next upgrade available at: Level 10]

I had already come this far. If this still worked like the game, then maybe, just maybe…

“Close your eyes for a moment,” I whispered in her ear.

“W-What?”

[-6371 Gold] [Total Gold: 6264]

[Nine levels, but not nine tails (yet)! Vixy reached Level 10! +3600 Max HP, + 468 DPS]

“Aaaaahh!”

As the column of dark level-up light burst outward from her, Vixy startled back out of my arms. She spun around to check behind her only to frown at the sight of her single tail.

“I can help you get stronger like this,” I said with a light rub on her shoulder.

“It feels kind of incredible, but… it’s not the same,” Vixy pouted while blushing.

“You’re a real stubbornly cute foxy, aren’t you~?”

[Vixy has a new upgrade available for 5000 Gold: Second Tail!]

My heart skipped a beat. That was it: her first upgrade was even called the same thing, except… the game never actually gave her that new tail!

Then again, this world wasn’t the same thing, either.

“System,” I whispered under my breath, “can you make her that tail?”

[Oh, ye of little faith… Ask and you shall receive! Just make sure to ask with lots of gold. 😉]

Oh, God. There was no telling how that would even work, and failure meant wasting lots of gold if Vixy gave up and didn’t join us.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m counting on you.”

 

Spoiler

“Um, Vixy? Can I touch your fluffy tail real quick?”

“I-It’s not like I’m really happy you asked, or anything…”

“Ahhh, I never knew fox fur could be so soft…!”

[*popcorn intensifies*]

“I’ll make sure you get another tail, or I’ll make sure the system gets deleted~.”

[*sweating intensifies*]

[collapse]
Surprise double update, and happy April everyone! Shameless self promo since it's the start of a new month: it's also a great time to subscribe to my patreon! Advance chapters are available (including the next major smut scene where Lucie might find out how a foxy gets more tails 😉) and more 'fun' surprises~. Plus, big thanks to all supporters!

Ko-fi ☕ Club: SomeAspid, Indream

Patrons ❤️: Ace, Indream, AnimeFreak1982

And thank you for reading Smut Clicker~ 🍪🍪❤️

108