Ch 3 – Accepting Our First Quest!
177 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright! I have about 3 hours of time to get as strong as possible before I meet Legin at the pub. To start, I should summon Lucarios, I quickly move into an alley.

”Demon, release.” Even though I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the exact terminology, the game recognized it as the skill and a black portal appears in front of me. 

Lucarios steps out and nods to me, “Hello Nathan, how may I be of assistance?”

Seeing him again made me think back to that damn female demon who dropped me out of the sky. “Please, just talk to me casually.”

He smiles, “I was hoping you would say that.”

He kinda freaks me out, is he even an NPC? “Anyway, lets get going to the mob area, we only have 3 hours.”

”Based on how you said ‘mob area’, I’m assuming you have no idea where you are going.”

”Why does it matter? We’ll figure it out!”

He concedes, “Very well, let’s get going.”

We head out of the alley and into the heart of the town. Luckily, it wasn’t too hard to find out where we were supposed to be going, we just had to follow the stream of player. 

However, we were gaining a lot of attention from other players. Lucarios sticks out like a sore thumb with his pitch black suit, many players were wondering how and where in the world he might have got it.

We reached a giant gate, giant yellow letter read, “NOW ENTERING SAVANNA BIOME!”.

Lucarios looks at me, “This appears to be the place. Do you wish to head in?”

I shake my head, “Not yet, I wanna accept some quests around here before we go in. On the way I saw a couple basic kill quests I think we should pick up.”

Lucarios smiles, “I believe I can be of use for this task.”

I raise my eyebrow, “Oh? How so?”

He smiles slyly, “It’s one of my abilities.”

I’m surprised, “You have skills?”

He responds powerfully, “Abilities. Not skills. There’s a difference.”

”But, I haven’t heard of anything called an ability?”

“Well of course you haven’t.”

“What do you mean?”

He smiles once again, “Well enough about me, head through that alley.” He points to an alley that I hadn't even noticed, and it seems like I'm not alone, everybody just walks by it, without so much as batting an eye.

Me and Lucarios walk into the alley. Even though it looks small from the outside, it quickly opens up into a decently sized area. However it is also a dead end, the only exit is the alleyway that we just came from. There seems to be about 8 people within the alley, based on their ragged clothes and looks, I can easily deduce that they are probably homeless NPCs.

Because Lucarios told me that they have a quest, I decide to walk into the middle of them and speak, "Does anyone here need help?"

They all at each other before the oldest looking one speaks up, "Yes... our home, in the savanna, was ravaged by a giant beast."

Yes! This is exactly what I want to happen, "Ok, is there anyway I can help?"

He looks up at me with hope in his eyes, "Do you really want to help us?"

I smile, "But of course."

However, he does not smile, "Sadly, the beast has already killed all of our family and destroyed our houses, the only way to help us now is to give us some peace of mind by killing the beast."

I nod, "I see, where is this beast located?"

The man continues, "You'll find it just west of our village, its den is hidden in tall grass. I'll give you a map of where our village is." He hands me a map. I look at it and see a red X, I also see a white circe that represents me.

Alright, that all I need, "Thank you, I will try my best."

He nods and goes back to just sitting down. I guess that means the dialogue ended. 

Me and Lucarios walk through the alley, I speak to him, "You were real quiet there."

He responds, "It doesn't matter whether or not I speak, that NPC can't hear nor see me."

I give a confused look, "But aren't you an NPC?"

He smiles again, "Me and that man are not the same, not even close." Bruh, I'm kind of sick of him not giving me straight answers.

"Ugh, whatever, let's get going with this new quest." I make it back into the main street and start walking towards the gate again. 

Before I reach the gate I pick up a couple more quests, the ones that I was initially planning on obtaining. Eventually me and Lucarios walk out and enter the savanna area.

There are new players all around, fighting boars and snakes and the sort, "Alright Lucarios, let's get following this map."

However he interrupts me, "Wouldn't you like to check out your combat menu before entering an area with monsters."

Oops. He has a point, I've been in this game for over 30 minutes yet I haven't even checked what skills I have. 

Skills:

Hide Skills

Demon Recall

Enslave Demon

Title: Demon Lord

Enslave demon? I mean yeah thats what I do, but why did it have to put it that way. But more importantly, I don't have a single combat skill! This is bad, really bad! "Uh, Lucarios, I don't have any combat skills!"

"What a shame, looks like you're gonna have to rely on me."

Why does he say that like he already knew of this. But just then I noticed another thing, "Where's my level?!"

Lucarios chuckles, "What's the need of a level when you won't ever be able to fight?"

"Ugh! I can't believe this!" Because I don't level up, that means I won't ever be able to gain a fighting skill. But there was also one more thing, "Lucarios, how do you know all this?"

"They explained it me after they took me from the others." 

The others? "What are you talking about?"

However Lucarios' face turns serious, "Never mind, that's not important."

It definitely is, but whatever, I won't push it for now, Lucarios is clearly intelligent, whether artificial or not, I still don't know. 

But moving on, "Alright then! Let's get beast hunting!"

 

 

 

 

8