Ch 6 – Making Some Money!
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We exited the dungeon and teleported back to the town. 

We start looking around around, the town was bustling and the feel of a real town was apparent, "Lucarios look! That seems to be an armor smith right there."

He nods and we start walking towards it. A smiling, burly man with char on his hands greets us, or just me since he can't even see Lucarios, "Hello there! Looking for some new gear?"

I smile and nod, "Yes sir! Do you have any wares?"

"Yes I do! Take a look."

A menu opens, "Hmm, stone sword 20 gold, iron shield 100 gold, that could definitely help." I look at my gold count, "Uh oh." It's only 5.

Lucarios laughs, "Only a little bit of starter gold for you."

"Lucarios this isn't funny, we won't be able to take that boss down if you don't get better gear."

He shrugs, "No problem, let's just make some money."

I look at him, "Do you seriously think it's gonna be that easy."

He smiles, "Of course, I've got a plan."

"Really? And what's that?"

"We're gonna have you fight people. 5 gold to enter, 10 gold if they win."

I'm shocked, "What?! But I'm weak as heck, basically anyone can beat me!" 

"That's exactly what we want them to think. While you fight them, I'll turn invisible and take them out."

"You can do that?"

He smiles, "Yes. Although it's pretty limited. I can only do it when I'm not in combat, and anyone stronger that me can still see me."

"Limited my ass. That sounds super useful!"

"Indeed, now let's get going."

We decide to head to the center of town, hopefully the highest amount of players will be there. But along the way, we see a group of players crowding around someone.

Lucarios goes invisible and I walk up. I hear some voices, """Woah, so this is the guy?""" The guy? What did he do.

To get some answers, I ask someone in the crowd, "Psssst." I tap someone on the shoulder.

He turns and looks at me, "What's up?"

"What's so special about this dude." The guy that everyone was surrounding seemed fairly normal. Sure, he was in way better gear than me, but based on progression, I would say that Legin is far more advanced at this point in time.

The guy responds, "He claims to be the one who entered the first dungeon."

This genuinely surprised me, "Huh, what are you talking about."

He seems puzzled, "About 20 minutes ago, everyone got a notification that someone got an achievement for being the first to enter a dungeon. Why are you looking at me like that, did you not get it?"

"Huh? Oh no I got it." Interesting, I did gain a title from that achievement, maybe I could use it as credibility later on. For now though, I don't want anyone to know about it. "So, do you believe this guy?"

"Oh no, there's people like this all over the place, they're just trying to gain members for their guild."

Oh ho ho! So there are guilds in this game, I would love to be a leader of one myself! I thank the man and walk off.

Lucarios rejoins me, "What was that all about?"

"Turns out everyone else got a notification when we entered that dungeon. I want to keep it a secret though.

Then talk to me like this if you don't want anyone to hear.

"Huh? Lucarios how are you doing that?"

Just think the message to me instead of saying it.

Oh yeah, real helpful Lucarios. Might as well give it a try. Like this?

Precisely, well done Nate.

Thanks Lucarios.

No problem.

"Anyway, we don't have to worry about that right now, let's get back to your money making scheme."

"Ah yes, right here should do. I'll leave the rest to you." And with that, he turns invisible.

Alright, let's get this party started, "Attention! Attention! Anyone want to fight me for a chance at gold?"

A couple heads turn, one in particular, yells at me, "Quit playing! Look at your equipment, you weak as heck! Who's to say you're really gonna pay up?"

Aha, my first customer, "You there! You look like a fairly strong gentleman! How about this, for your first fight, I'll let you have at me risk free!"

He luaghs, "Is this kid delusional?! Fine, I'll play you're game." 

I smile, "Very well, normally you would pay 5 and get 10 if you win, for a gain of 5 for you. But because you're not paying, you will simply gain 5 if you win."

"Whatever, let's just get this fight on!"

"Yes sir."

Due to the commotion, a circle had formed around us. Perfect, hopefully they'll see this and want in next. 

No more thinking though, this guys is sprinting right at me. He doesn't even have his sword out, just a fist. Here he comes about to punch me.

Nate, want me to trip him yet?

Not yet.

The fist was about to hit me. 

Nate he's about to hit you. Are you sure you don't want me to trip him?

Don't trip him.

Alright, I didn't expect you to do this, consider me impressed.

The punch collides with my face. Ow. I get flung into the circle of people watching us. I'm on the ground.

The man walks up to me, "Pay up." 

I smile through my pain and hand him my 5 gold. The man starts walking away, but I stop him, "Ready for a round 2?"

He turns back and looks at me, "Are you joking? I just smashed your head in and you want more. Sure, it's like free money."

Honestly Nate, I'm impressed.

Yup. By losing that first round, that guy and all the watchers gained a lot of confidence. 

I thought I would have to do everything, but clearly there is more to you than there seems. 

Haha, I'm flattered. But now we start winning. We'll lose every so often so that they stay, but we should be able to run this for a bit. 

Only for about 10 more minutes, we still have to meet you Legin friend.

Yeah, let's hope these guys stay.

From there on, I won 2 games, and then lost 1. Nobody questioned me because of how well Lucarios synced up with me. We had made around 45 gold before I had to head towards the pub. Let's hope they come back for round 2 after dinner.

"Alright Lucarios, let's see what Legin has to see."

3