Ch 16 – Leaving For Legin’s!
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eric, Robert, and I left the COC. During the day before, Eric had taken the time to grab some good gear for us.

Robert tilts his head in confusion when he see's that Eric only got gear for himself and Robert, "Eric, why did you only get gear for us?"

I shake my head, "Don't worry about it, I'm not much of a fighter anyway."

He nods, still slightly confused, "Ah. I see."

Eric jumps in, "I, shall be the one to keep both of you safe."

Robert responds, "Heyyy. I can fight too!"

But I shake my head, "No. Eric is right, Robert, we want to make good use of your advanced appraisal, so we can't have you getting hurt. By the way, what class are you?"

"I see, that makes sense. I am a hunter." He says while at the same time pulling out a bow that Eric bought from him. "I only have a few combat skills, but I am plenty in the survival department."

I nod, "Good. That is exactly what I am looking for."

Robert turns to Eric, "Hey, what class are you?"

Eric gives him a slightly confused look. So I jump in, "He is a berserker." I'm pretty sure I heard a player talking about that class, and it seems like something Eric would be.

Fortunately, Eric nods in understanding, "Ah, I see. That class will definitely be useful for a fighter."

I quickly change the subject, "Alright then! Let's get going!"

Robert agrees, "Yeah!"

We now needed to leave our town. We went to what I believe is the entrance of the city and left. When we exited, I saw only forests for as far as I could see.  While we are still in our plot of land, it is almost completely unrecognizable when compared to our town. 

We travelled through the rest of our plot and really didn't run into any problems. A couple monsters here and there that I let Eric deal with, and because we were in his party, both me and Robert also gained EXP from all his kills. Not that it really effected me, since I can't level up.

Eventually while we were walking on our journey I gained a notification from the system.

You have now entered the plot of the player Charlie

Before I can respond Robert speaks up, "So this Charlie guy is the leader of the plot, kind of a lame name."

However I find interest in this name, "I think I wanna take a quick stop here, I want to talk to someone here."

Eric tilts his head in confusion, "You know someone in there? How?"

I shrug, "I guess you could say that we have common enemies."

Eric shrugs back at me, "Whatever, let's get this over with."

I nod and we start walking through his plot of land. We walk for a bit, fighting an occasional monster, until we reach upon some people. They seem to be travelers just like us. 

I turn to them as we pass them, "Hey, do you guys know which way we should go to reach the city of this land?"

A man nods, "Follow just north, here, I'll mark it on your map for you."

I nod to him, "Thank you."

His partner then speaks up, "Do you happen to know where the City of Scarlett is?"

City Of Scarlett? Now how the hell did that spread? Oh well, I don't like being the center of attention anyway, I point behind me, where we had come from, "Should be just that way, and if you happen to speak to Scarlett, tell her that Nate is making a pit stop at Charlies place."

They nod, albeit slightly confused, "Ok... Sure."

We then continue waling, now in the direction of the city.  In about thirty minutes the tree's begin to clear and I see a town just ahead. 

"Wow." 

Honestly, I can't help but agree with Robert. Charlie's city must have been one of the ones that overtook mine in size, because it looks absolutely massive!

As we get closer and closer to the entrance, I see players streaming in and out of the entry gate. Some of them appear to be coming back after a nice grinding session out in the field, while others look like us, adventurers trying to get a start in a big city.

We approach the gate and walk in. I immediately get the vibe of a fantasy town. As much as I want to explore and enjoy myself. I have to get of here fast and get back on track. I run up to someone who appears to be patrolling the streets, "Hi! Are you with this city?"

The man nods proudly, "Yessir, I am part of the Bolhun Empire Patrol."

Bolhun? Not that bad of a name I suppose, "Can you tell us where the leader is?"

The guard is slightly taken aback, "King Charlie? Oh, that's a bit out of my league. But I can point you in the right direction." He then points at what appears to be a small castle, "That there is where the King currently resides. I heard he is trying to expand the kingdom, so he is taking audiences from whoever."

I nod to the man before we walk off, "Thank You."

He gives me a thumbs-up, "No problem! Enjoy your stay Bolhun!"

We then walk off. Geez, how did Charlie get such nice and helpful guards? I would definitely want some of those for my city!

We continue walking for a bit until we reach what the guard pointed at. From up close the castle looks a lot smaller. So much smaller in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was magic at work here.

I see a much more important guard standing just outside the castle. I walk up to him, "I assume you are the person we talk to for an audience with the king?"

 

 

 

 

3