First Wave
66 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Change in Winds. Share your views in Reviews.

You can read next 2 chapters of Change in Winds now and join the Discord Server I made through my Patron page. G o to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page. You gain access to the server through tipping as well.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta,  Theseus-Theo for his help.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Bijuu/Summons" Bijuu or Summons Speaking.

'Bijuu/Summons' Bijuu or Summons thinking.

"Jutsu" is being used.

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Chapter  2

First Wave

Hokage Tower

Naruto came to see both Sasuke and Sakura waiting for him but didn't say a word as he reached them. They knew not to ask him, as whenever Sakura told him he was late, he would tell her how it is important for a shinobi to be diligent at all times and not waste time.

They took his words to heart and adjusted to Kakashi's tardiness. They also started coming 2 hours late after Naruto's explanation every time. Their Sensei didn't mind as he most probably didn't know they were coming late.

Kakashi would come 2 and half hours late and they didn't complain. He would start something and they would simply follow his orders. And like that, the issue was settled in their team. Like always, Kakashi came in a puff of smoke.

"Hello, my cute little students. How are you today?" he asked cheerfully with an eye smile. No one replied. He nodded happily as he took it as his students picking up his cool and hopeful attitude.

"Good, you are learning something. Now let's move. I know you all are eager to take a mission," he smiled under his mask and the four of them moved into the Hokage Tower and went to the Mission Assignment room.

"Team 7 reporting for a mission, Hokage-sama," Kakashi said with a book salute.

"Ah, yes. Team 7. Tell me which mission do you want? We have finding Tora, an old man's crop picking, cleaning kennels of Inuzuka Clan..." continued the Hokage about all the D-Rank missions in the village.

"Enough!" shouted Sasuke in anger.

"I'm an Uchiha, an Elite. I don't want to do all those menial tasks anymore. I want a higher-ranked mission!" He exclaimed and everyone looked at him as if he was an alien. But understood his frustration.

"Yes, I think we can take a higher-ranked mission. Kakashi-sensei can vouch for that as he trained us well, don't you think, Sensei?" Naruto asked with mirth.

If Kakashi says no, then that means he agreed that he didn't train them and if he says yes, even then the sarcasm in Naruto's tone would be understood by most of the people around. Kakashi opted neither.

"Um, yes of course. Hokage-sama, my team is ready to take a C-rank mission. They are doing great," he said neutrally and Hokage chuckled and nodded.

"If you say so, Kakashi. Team 7, your first C-Rank mission is to escort a bridge builder named Tazuna to his home country, Wave. You will escort him and will be with him until he finishes his bridge-building there," said Hiruzen sternly.

Team 7 straightened up when their Hokage started addressing them and nodded with an 'Hai'. The Sandaime nodded and gave a scroll to Kakashi which has the mission details.

"But Hokage-sama, isn't it early to send them on a C-rank mission?" An angry Iruka protested. He can't understand why they are doing this.

Sending his students, who are fresh out of the Academy, as they graduated just 45 days ago, on a C-rank mission is not good. He can't allow this. They need more experience.

"Don't worry, Iruka, Kakashi is assuring about their skills, and he will be there to guide and protect them if need be," Hiruzen assured. Though there is a hidden meaning to it.

Iruka reluctantly nodded, understanding the hidden meaning and sat in his seat.

"Good. Bring Tazuna," Hiruzen ordered and a chunin went and brought an old drunk man with grey hair. He is a bespectacled man with a large grey beard and dark black eyes with light brown skin.

He wore a sleeveless V-neck shirt with an obi, pants and a pair of sandals. He also had a white towel around his neck and had a pointed hat on his head.

But his stinky booze smell started spreading through the room as he slowly walked to the Hokage. All members of Team 7 had different reactions.

Naruto's nose crinkled at the smell. All his senses started sharpening due to all the training he did. He used a small wind jutsu to clear the scent from himself with a subtle wave of his hand.

Sasuke and Sakura saw in disgust while Kakashi didn't react to the man. The man stood to the side and looked at his escort team.

"Agg, is this the team you have given me to take me back to my home? One is a Cyclops, one had duck butt hair, a skinny girl thin as the wood I use and a..."

He stopped and looked at Naruto who is 5'1, a bit taller than Sasuke with a small outline of muscles standing to the other side of the team with raised eyebrows.

"And another kid," he ended, unable to say anything else about Naruto. Naruto smirked at him.

'Good, he had a brain to think,' he thought with a satisfied smile.

"Tazuna-san, Kakashi is our top Jounin and his team is more than capable of fighting a few thugs and escorting you to your home," the Hokage said sternly.

Tazuna gulped but nodded as he couldn't say anything more. The Hokage is correct in assuming Team 7 is enough as that is what was required according to the mission Tazuna requested.

But Tazuna knew better. He knew that Team 7 will kit be enough even with the Cyclops helping them. But he didn't dare speak.

"We will take our leave, Hokage-sama," Kakashi asked.

"Team 7, good luck on your first C-rank job. Dismissed," wished Hiruzen, dismissing them to prepare.

"Ok, Team, meet me at North gate in 2 hours. Pack all the supplies with clothes for 15 days and other equipment you need. Disperse," Kakashi said and all of them went back to their residence to pack.

Scene Break

4 Hours Later,

North Gate, Konoha

As Tazuna was waiting at the North Gate, he saw the duck butt boy and pinky girl walking towards him 4 hours after their last meeting. They are 2 hours late. He didn't talk with them about why they were late or anything as he was nervous.

He didn't tell everything to the Hokage about the mission, but he at least thought he would be given some adults. Instead of seeing it as a dangerous mission, the Hokage took it as just a C- rank mission and gave him Cyclops and a bunch of children.

The 2 brats didn't talk to him. They just stood there as if knowing what was going to happen. He waited for another 45 minutes when the blonde kid came with a cheery smile but didn't greet anyone.

They just nodded to each other. After 15 more minutes of waiting, the Cyclops came in a puff of smoke.

"Yo, did you pack for your first mission outside the village?" he asked with an eye smile.

"Hai, sensei," all the children nodded.

"Let me check. Show me your supplies," Kakashi asked and all of them showed their supplies.

After thorough checking and assuring that everyone had sleeping bags, protein bars, chakra exhaustion pills, blood pills, food pills, 3 sets of Shuriken, 3 Sets of Kunai and necessary clothes for 15 days, Kakashi approved and checked them out of the village with the gate guards and they left Konoha.

The gate guards greeted them with a successful mission before stamping their exit paper. It's the first time for Sasuke and Sakura and the second time for Naruto. Kakashi and Tazuna had more experience in the outside world than their Genin.

The journey was boring, to say the least. Team 7 with Tazuna were in a loose Diamond formation, with Kakashi at the front, Sakura and Sakura on the sides and Naruto on the rear. Kakashi as usual is studying his porn book and giggling occasionally.

Naruto didn't find it interesting but read all the books for the sake of knowledge anyway. The female anatomy was described very detailed in those books and he read it as a part of training.

But after reading those books, his raging hormones demanded a girlfriend effective immediately, but with the help of his Ironclad Will of the Uzumaki clan, Naruto suppressed the desire with no mercy.

He had to admit, it was a mistake. He doesn't want to have any girl in his class to be his girlfriend as he saw first-hand how fan girlish they were. So he is waiting for a strong Kunoichi to be his one true girlfriend.

Though the idea of having a girlfriend eluded him, Naruto stood strong and decided to wait as he have many things on his hands now.

Keeping his urges aside, he is currently reading the book on Intermediary seals Volume 9. There are 15 volumes for Intermediate level Sealing and he took it upon himself to complete them during this trip.

This book discusses about the application of seals on various surfaces and other tracking seals which can be applied without making them noticeable. Naruto read about making Chakra into ink and is trying to master it.

It would be a great boon if he masters it. Mastering his calligraphy gave him many advantages and mastering chakra ink will give him even more. This book has the basics about it.

No one is looking at him as he continued to blitz through the pages. He scanned everything with his Sharingan, with his contacts on.

But when he looked at others, Naruto saw something under Kakashi's headband which has a constant chakra flow into it. Naruto got curious but didn't ask. He is going to keep an eye on it.

Sharingan has become his go-to tool when it comes to reading something or learning a new Jutsu as it gives him a greater advantage in learning it fast.

Naruto made sure to not overly rely on it completely. He heard about not keeping all your eggs in the same basket. So he also trained in his senses and detection skills with clones. Sharingan is a useful tool and he is going to use it as a tool.

Naruto found a seal that can completely absorb the chakra within a target and tweaked it a bit and used it to seal his eyes to sharpen his other senses. He also kept a few of those seals in his spare.

One Chakra absorption seal can absorb or hold up to 3 times the amount of Chakra he had. It's quite a sum considering his very large reserves. He didn't use them till now as he never ran out of chakra.

He stored all this chakra when he was sleeping or practising Taijutsu and had amassed quite a few of them and had a couple on him while the rest were in Uzumaki Estate.

The seals are special as Naruto found many applications of them. He is going to test them and see their effectiveness if possible in this mission.

He was thinking of all the things he wanted to do on the trip when he was knocked out of his stupor when he saw a puddle of water and his Sharingan showed him something.

One of the benefits of using Sharingan is that the user can identify Genjutsu fast and dispel them. Naruto turned to Kakashi and saw his eye sharpen. His sensei gave him a subtle nod. Naruto understood.

Kakashi is not going to interfere and they should fend off the idiots who chose to hide in a puddle on a bright sunny day. As they walked past the puddle the plan was enacted. The two figures attacked Kakashi and Naruto saw the man substitute himself.

"One down, three to go," told one of them to the other. Sakura screamed in horror when she saw Kakashi being 'killed'. Naruto saw both enemies charging towards them.

He and Sasuke jumped in their way, they separated to deal with them one on one and Sasuke pulled out a kunai and began to fight one of the men.

While Naruto simply took out a kunai and threw at the one coming towards him with Wind chakra coating and it pierced through his chain and his arms fell to the sides as nothing is holding them together.

In his moment of surprise, Naruto punched him in the gut and chopped his neck, effectively knocking him out. His body fell forward limply.

Naruto saw Sasuke finishing his opponent, but he had some bruises as the Uchiha took some hits and as both of the enemies fell unconscious, they heard clapping and turned to see an 'alive' Kakashi walking towards them with an eye smile.

"Well done, you two. That's a nice way of dispatching your opponents. But now I have to talk to our client about some things. Won't you say, Tazuna?" Kakashi asked seriously. The bridge builder gulped.

While Tazuna tried to come up with his best excuses, Naruto observed the two attackers.

One of the two had shoulder-length, wild dark-brown hair and dark eyes. He wore a rebreather that covers the lower half of his face and a large, clawed, poisonous gauntlet on his right arm which had a broken chain coming out of it.

He wore a camouflage suit with bandages around his waist, dark-coloured, knee-length sandals and a ragged black cape. His Kirigakure forehead protector had a single horn on it.

While the had shoulder-length, wild dark-brown hair and dark eyes. He also wore a rebreather and had a similar unbroken gauntlet on his other hand.

He wore a camouflage suit with bandages around his waist, dark-coloured, knee-length sandals and several pouches around his waist. His Kirigakure forehead protector had two horns on it.

Naruto assumed the two to be brothers from their similar attire and headband while Tazuna completed his explanation.

"So, let me make this straight. You have people trying to kill you and despite knowing that, you asked for a C-Rank mission and expected Konoha to send Chunin and Jounin with you for a normal protection detail.

Even after knowing that we were assigned to you, you just stood there, not objecting or saying a word and ended up not only putting yours but also our lives in danger." Kakashi asked seriously and Tazuna reluctantly nodded.

"You should have told Jiji about your situation and he would have helped you. Now see what you have done. You nearly killed 2 innocent lives because of your carelessness. Is there anything more you left?" Naruto asked as Kakashi silently observed.

"Um, ah, I guess moving forward, the people Gato will send will only be more skilled," Tazuna sighed.

"Wait, Naruto. You said 2 lives are in danger when we are 3 here not including Sensei. Are you implying you are not in danger?" Sakura asked, using her brain and catching up on the small detail he said in his tirade.

"Yes. Didn't you see how I defended myself? Are you still doubting my capabilities as a Shinobi, Sakura?" Naruto replied calmly. She recalled all the events from the formation of Team 7 and her eyes widened in surprise.

From their first mission as a team, Naruto showed he is skilled by either suggesting better ideas or doing smart work and also showed his progress in his work by using occasional Fuuton Jutsu in their spars against Sasuke.

She nodded dumbly. Sasuke's eyes narrowed at Naruto. He should have observed the dobe better. Even he didn't notice the change till now.

"Now, tell me what to do. Cyclops-sensei, what do you suggest?" Naruto asked.

"Well, my cute little blonde. I say we interrogate them for any information and then decide. I know them. They are Gozu and Mizu, B-Rank Nuke-nin from Kirigakure. If I guess correctly, then we have an A-rank Nuke-nin waiting for us. Let's see," Kakashi said and used a basic interrogation method to extract the information and sent a messenger bird to Konoha about the situation and to pick the tied up brothers.

"Ok, so we have an A-rank Nuke-nin waiting for us. This increased the mission level from C to A. Tell me, do you want to continue or return to Konoha?" Kakashi asked sternly, all his tardiness and laziness gone. Acting like a Sensei he is.

Tazuna pleaded to come to Nami and their situation in more detail and argued they didn't have time to go back to Konoha and return as time is of the essence.

His pleas worked as Naruto and Sasuke agreed and Sakura followed Sasuke's lead and agreed and they set forward to Nami knowing that an A-rank Nuke-nin awaits them.

As they moved, with their senses and eyes on high alert, they came across the sea separating Nami from the mainland and an accomplice of Tazuna rowed them silently to the other side under the disguise of mist and evening mist.

Team 7 with Tazuna landed on the shore and moved inwards. Naruto saw movement in the corner of his eyes when Kakashi shouted.

"Duck," pulling Tazuna with him. They all ducked as a large cleaver went past them at the place where their heads would be and stuck to a tree.

A man landed on the large sword, standing on it as if it is a springboard. He was a tall and noticeably muscular man with light greyish skin, short spiky black hair, dark brown eyes, and small eyebrows. He was wearing bandages like a mask over the bottom half of his face and had a relatively narrow jawline and jagged teeth.

He wore his forehead protector sideways on his head, identifying him from Kirigakure, and the slash across it explains that he is no longer allied to that village. A Nuke-nin.

He is shirtless, with his chest only covered by a belt to which he attached his Kubikiribōchō(Executioner's Blade), wearing baggy pants with the striped pattern typical of Kirigakure and mimetic wrist-warmers extending up to his elbows, with matching leg-warmers.

He stood on it as if he is standing on the ground and pulled out the sword, putting it on his shoulder.

"If it isn't Kakashi Hatake, the copy ninja. No wonder the demon brothers failed. What's this, a bunch of brats trying to play ninja?" He mocked.

Pressure started to build up in the area, leaking out of the man. Naruto saw his teammates freeze in fear and shock. He knew it won't be long for him to get affected.

He read about this and tried to project his own from the books in the Uzumaki library. He understood one thing from the books. Killing Intent affects everyone, but the people with either experience or if the user has more potent chakra than the person who is projecting, then that won't affect them.

How he didn't know yet. That's why he tried the best way he thought. In this scenario, Naruto is the latter case. Though he cannot escape its complete effects, he is not affected as much as Sakura and Sasuke, who pulled kunai out to hurt themselves to escape the Killing Intent effects. Kakashi put a hand on Sasuke's hand.

"Don't worry, Sasuke. I won't let harm be done to you," he said to Sasuke seriously and pulled out his kunai and projected his Killing Intent(KI)/towards Zabuza. The effect on them lessened a bit on them as Tazuna fainted long ago, unable to handle the blood lust.

"Momochi Zabuza, the Demon of Kiri. A-rank Nuke-nin and is one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist (Kiri no Shinobigatana Shichinin Shū). What do you want?" Kakashi asked seriously.

"Kakashi, leave the old man and go. I assure you, no harm will be done to you or your students," said Zabuza smugly spinning his cleaver around.

"I can't do that as I'm on a mission and I'm also giving you an option, Zabuza. I don't have any qualms with you. Go away now, you may live," Kakashi retorted.

"Oh, let's see then," said Zabuza and did a few hand signs.

"SuitonKirigakure no Jutsu(Water Style: Hidden Mist Jutsu)," he said and mist started to cover the area. The thickness of the mist started to obscure vision which made Naruto activated his Sharingan to see more clearly.

He saw Kakashi take his headband on his left eye and can see the chakra pathways to the left eye. He was surprised at what he saw. Zabuza started projecting more killing intent and started explaining about all vital organs. Naruto had enough. He did some hand signs and whispered

"FuutonReppusho (Wind Style: Gale Palm)," and a gust of wind like a tornado swept across the landscape and took small pockets of mist away. Zabuza is behind Naruto and threw a kunai at him and he disperses in a puddle of water as Naruto sent the attack in all directions.

'Water clones,' thought of Naruto and Kakashi at the same time seeing this. Naruto's contacts covered his Sharingan while they also showed Kakashi's.

"I hate wind users. Who did this? " Zabuza asked impatiently. No one said anything.

"Fine I'll make this quick," he said and made a few more water clones. They all charged towards the shore while the real Zabuza and Kakashi fought on water.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu," Naruto said and 20 clones came into existence and charged to incoming 10 water clones and dispelled them with Wind enhanced hits. While 10 clones surrounded Naruto's team, the remaining 10 charged into the water only to be stopped by Kakashi.

"Take care of yourselves, Naruto. I'll take care of him," he said and all the clones returned to the shore, while the original Naruto is watching eagerly with his Sharingan active for all the Jutsu that is no doubt going to be thrown around.

"SuitonSuihachi no Jutsu (Water wave Jutsu)," said Zabuza and Kakashi copied it.

"SuitonSuihachi no Jutsu (Water wave Jutsu)," Kakashi countered.

Both waves clashed and water rushed to the shore while the battle continued on the water.

" Suiton  Suiryudan  no Jutsu (Water Dragon Jutsu),"

" Suiton  Suiryudan  no Jutsu (Water Dragon Jutsu),"

Again both Jutsu clashed and cancelled each other out.

Jutsu are thrown around likewise while they are copied and reflected with the same chakra resulting in both Jutsu cancelling each other out.

"How is this possible? What are you doing Kakashi? Are you..." Zabuza started in confusion.

"Reading your mind?" Kakashi finished for Zabuza. Zabuza had a horrified look at this and Kakashi charger with a kunai and pierced Zabuza's left shoulder. Zabuza made a water clone that trapped Kakashi in a Water Prison due to his close proximity.

"Now I'm going to kill the Old Man. If your brats come in the way, I'll kill them as well. Good riddance. Brats playing ninja," said Zabuza clutching his left arm as it started bleeding. He tied it up and charged towards the group, only leaving his water clone to keep Kakashi trapped.

He made 20 water clones with much effort and all of them except the water clone, which is holding Kakashi in prison charged towards the rest of Team 7.

Naruto's 20 clones are waiting and seeing water clones charge, they took out Mayuri and fought Zabuza in a sword fight. Original Naruto and Zabuza also engaged in a sword fight while Sasuke and Sakura guarded Tazuna.

Zabuza and Naruto fought with their swords. Slash, parry, slice, cut and Zabuza even tried some hooks with the gap in his sword, Naruto escaped all of them.

Each time the Executioner's Blade comes closer to Naruto's body, it will be pushed by some force Zabuza can't figure and his sword will be cracked at that area.

"What's this? Do you have something surrounding your body?" Zabuza asked in intrigue.

"Hmm, clever brat. Did you cover yourself in Wind? I must admit, your so-called 'peaceful' village is producing some strong brats," he complimented.

"Thanks, old man. But I'm not interested to know about your sword. It's just taking cracks instead of outright broken, care to explain?" Naruto asked in interest.

He can see something repair the sword as soon as it is broken or repelled. He wants to apply that to Mayuri if possible. Who doesn't like a self-repairing sword?

"Nice try, kid. But that would put me in Kiri's most wanted list," Zabuza said with a predatory smirk.

"As if you are not now," Naruto retorted. Though his Sharingan is advantageous, he can't keep up with Zabuza for long. Then he got an idea.

"Not bad brat. You are good with your sword. Let's see what you will do now," Zabuza said hungrily and started making hand signs while holding his sword.

"SuitonSuidan no Jutsu (Water Style: Water Bullet Jutsu)," a pressurised water bullets shot towards Naruto and he did his own set of hand signs in reply.

"Wind Style: Gale Palm," Naruto said and with a clap of his hands, a gust of wind came and easily dispersed the incoming water bullets easily.

Zabuza's eyes widened at that. A Genin doing a C-Rank Jutsu multiple times in the same fight is not commonly seen and he had a newfound respect for Naruto now.

"You are beyond Genin, brat. Let's see how you counter this," Zabuza said but before he can do anything, someone interrupted him.

"Katon: Gokakyu no Jutsu(Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu)," yelled Sasuke, fed up with being on the sidelines. He is not going to sit to the side while Naruto fights everything.

Zabuza had to jump back to escape the hot fireball coming towards him. "Oh, a new brat. I thought of playing with you more, kid. But looks like your luck has run out," he said and rapidly doing hand signs.

"SuitonDaibakufu no Jutsu(Water Style: Great Waterfall Jutsu)," he said. A large water wave started to form from the river where Kakashi was stuck into a large wave.

The force of this waterfall is great enough to hollow out the ground, washing away everything in the area as it moved towards Naruto and Sasuke.

"What are you waiting for? Do that Fireball Jutsu again," Naruto yelled at Sasuke as he started making hand signs few of his clones joining with them.

"Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu," Sasuke called, blitzing through hand signs.

"Wind Style: Gale Palm," said 3 clones.

"Wind Style: Great Breakthrough," said the original with 2 clones. Wind and Fire Jutsu merged to form a big fireball and met the incoming waterfall halfway.

Large amounts of steam were released as the attacks fought for supremacy and evaporated each other. Sasuke and Zabuza started taking deep breaths as the mist dispersed.

"Zabuza, you are injured and your clone can't leave me. You can't keep up with Naruto anymore. I'll make your death as peaceful as possible. Surrender," said Kakashi from the prison. Naruto's clone is slowly swimming towards the Water Prison and knowing this, Kakashi started to divert his attention.

"I won't give up, Kakashi. Do you think this brat can defeat me? I'm holding back to test him. I must admit, I'm impressed with him. But remember Kakashi, this is not over and I'll kill that old man," Zabuza challenged pointing his sword towards Tazuna.

"Bunshin Daibakuha (Greate Clone Explosion," Naruto whispered and his clone in the water exploded, creating strong ripples that made Zabuza's water clone lose his balance and Kakashi escaped in the lapse of attention.

"Shit. It seems you are lucky, Old Man," said Zabuza and threw a smoke bomb and vanished into the winds, not even leaving a blood trail behind from his wound.

His water clone dispelled after that and Kakashi sighed in relief, but his exhaustion caught up and he fell face-first into the water, drowning. One of Naruto's clones jumped in and brought him up.

"Thanks, Naruto. Tazuna, where is your house again?" Kakashi asked weakly. A now awake Tazuna replied.

"It's just a few miles away. Follow me," and they followed him to his home.

Tazuna's  House

After a long walk, the group finally arrived at Tazuna's house which is a small 2 storey building to the side of the road. Naruto's clones were holding onto Kakashi while Sakura and Sasuke were walking with the bridge builder.

As they arrived, Tazuna knocked on the door a young lady opened the door to greet them. She was apprehensive to open it, but as soon as Tazuna called out, she opened it in a rush.

"Father?" Tsunami asked in joy and when Tazuna nodded, she hugged him. "I was worried, father," she said and Tazuna consoled her.

"These are the Shinobi that helped me get here and they are going to stay with us till I complete my bridge," Tazuna explained and Tsunami welcomed them with a happy smile.

Tsunami was a young woman with fair skin and long blue hair. She wore a short-sleeved pink shirt with the end of the sleeves and the collar is red and a long blue skirt.

"Ma'am, can you make a room for our injured Sensei?" Sakura asked as Naruto and Sasuke nudged her and Tsunami happily obliged and made a room for Kakashi to relax and for them to chat with him.

An hour passed while they waited for Kakashi to wake up and Sasuke finally lost his patience.

"So Naruto, wanna tell us how you know wind style Jutsu and you know Kenjutsu?" Sasuke asked with an annoyed and angry look.

The only people in the room were Team 7 while Kakashi is resting and Tazuna and Tsunami preparing meals for them. Sasuke was looking at Naruto intensely look as the dobe managed to outdo him in their confrontation with Zabuza.

Sasuke didn't know how Naruto knew all these techniques and why he wasn't aware of them till now. He didn't know they could learn how to wield a sword that easily and why he wasn't taught.

Overall, he is very unhappy and wanted to know anything and everything that can make him strong. If he had known, he would have learnt them and gotten a step closer to defeating Him.

"Ya. Naruto, you didn't tell us about these," Sakura said supporting Sasuke with a huff. She was really stunned by Naruto's performance on the bridge and couldn't help but keep the awe she felt from her tone.

The Jutsu Naruto used were perfectly executed and impressive. She doesn't know what else he is hiding from them and is doubting if they know anything about the blonde boy.

"A Ninja must keep his secrets and always look underneath the underneath is the rule I follow. I didn't tell you about my techniques and Kenjutsu because I want to show my progress when I have mastered them." Naruto said with a shrug. Both his teammate's eyes widened at the statement.

"Then it's a good thing you're gonna have another chance," Kakashi smirked as he woke from his slumber just in time to hear Naruto's words.

"Sensei!" Sakura said surprised that their teacher had recovered so quickly. At least that's what she thought.

"Damn, so you also saw it." Naruto chuckled, not as surprised as others.

"What's going on?" Sakura asked in nervous confusion. She had a bad feeling about this. Maybe coming to Nami is a mistake is her first thought.

"Zabuza is still alive and will definitely come for Tazuna to finish his job. What I and Sensei are talking about is that there is another person with Zabuza the whole time. When he threw the smoke bomb, that person swooped in and took him from the area." Naruto explained and Kakashi nodded in agreement.

"You did well against Zabuza today, Naruto, you too Sasuke. You both did well by protecting the client, Sasuke, Sakura. Well done," Kakashi said with a thumps up.

Though Naruto didn't show it, he felt happy while Sasuke and Sakura puffed up their chests in pride.

"But be very careful next time. Zabuza is very experienced and powerful ninja. He might not have taken you seriously this time, but he will next time. What worked once won't work again." Kakashi said and his students nodded.

"Sure and luckily for us, we have a little while to train and get ready," Naruto said with a smirk.

"Yes but right now we should get some food. All of us could use that," Kakashi said with an eye smile.

A few minutes later Tsunami came to call them for dinner. They happily dug in and had a nice meal after a well-fought battle with an A-ranked Missing ninja.

The topic of Naruto's sudden increase in skill, Wind Jutsu and Kenjutsu has been forgotten for the moment as all 4 ninjas ate happily. Everything Tsunami cooked for them was happily devoured.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter folks.

Hope you have liked it. You can join the server through tipping me on Ko-fi as well.

See y'all  in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

5