Affinities
26 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Change in Winds. Hope you like it.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Bijuu/Summons" Bijuu or Summons Speaking.

'Bijuu/Summons' Bijuu or Summons thinking.

"Jutsu" is being used.

And, if you are interested in Naruro Harry Potter crossovers, check my new story (Destined Saviour). Show it some love as well.

Here is a short summary.

Unforeseen circumstances push Naruto into an unexpected journey. What will Naruto do when he finds himself in the world of Magic in a different body? Takes place in HPverse.

And the wait is over! The server is open of you now! Follow the link or enter the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Chapter 10

Affinities

In Kiri

"So Chojuro, is it? How old are you?" Naruto asked curiously as they continued to walk through the bustling village.

"I'm, uh, I'm 17." He said tentatively.

"Relax, bro. I'm not going to eat you," Naruto said casually and got a small nod from the blue-haired swordsman.

"I, I want to thank you," Chojuro said meekly. If not for his good hearing, Naruto would have missed it.

"For what?"

"For bringing back Zabuza-san and Kubikiribōchō to the village. And for generally being a nice person." Chojuro blurted the last part. Naruto smiled at the meek boy.

"Nah, bro. They felt genuine to me and didn't know the civil war was over. I just delivered the news to them, that's it. And Mizukage-sama is considerate." He explained and Chojuro's respect for Naruto increased.

"So what is that sword on your back? It is different." Naruto asked and Chojuro smiled at him.

"This is Hiramekarei, one of the seven swords," Chojuro said in a hushed tone. Naruto followed suit and asked in a hushed tone.

"Can I see it?" He asked with gleaming eyes. Chojuro gave him a wide smile with a nod. They cut into a small side alley to see the sword and Chojuro took it from his back and undid the bandages.

The sword, Hiramekarei, features a wide, flat blade with two curved indentations near its base, creating a sort of cross-guard.

Two handles are connected by a short length of cord, making it a "twin sword" (双刀, sōtō). The overall sword looks like a flounder fish in shape.

Naruto touched and the weight of the sword is not normal. Though not as heavy as Zabuza's, Hiramekarei also has a good weight to it and sending his chakra through it, Naruto understood how the sword works.

One of the benefits of the ritual is his sensitivity to chakra. He can 'feel' things now if he sends his chakra through it and it was amazing, to say the least.

Just sending chakra to pass time told him many stories that were not usually known about the trees and the ship he came in. Though he is not a sensor, he knew he would get there sometime.

"It is beautiful. Thank you, Chojuro." Naruto said with a smile and the blue-haired Jonin's smile widened at that. Naruto's stomach chose that moment to interrupt.

"Um, I'm hungry," Naruto said with an embarrassed blush and Chojuro smiled at that.

"I know this restaurant that makes good seafood, come let's go." He said and guided them through the constructing town while an Anbu squad followed them.

'Report captain that things are alright and he saw Hiramekarei. Ask for a further course of action.' They said in sign language and one of the 3 vanished to report.

In Konoha

"So guys, are you ready?" Kakashi asked a quarrelling duo and a spectator. Ino started arguing about the unfairness and Shikamaru's troublesome comment didn't help.

Ino started yelling at Shikamaru for being lazy and pointing out that they are busy with their clan jutsu for the man to teach them chakra natures.

"And Ino, they completed Water Walking while we didn't. Sensei already told us he will show us our chakra natures when we master that." Choji added his input from the side, munching some chips.

"Gah. It's useless arguing with you two!" She gave up. That's when Kakashi chose to speak as he was mercilessly ignored till now.

"I got something for you. Are you good at weapons?" He asked and Ino got a hungry gleam in her eyes. Shikamaru and Choji moved away from her.

Kakashi for some reason felt that he was doing something forbidden and with a gulp, he explained.

"I know you are good at teamwork as it is passed down for generations in your families. You have your clan Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. So I'm not going deep into that.

How good are you with weapons? Like Kunai, Shuriken, Staff, Sword. It can be anything as long as you are proficient in using it. So take your kunai and fight one on one with my clones." He said 3 clones formed in front of them and Team 10 was surprised.

Sakura and Sasuke gave a superior smirk as they saw Naruto make 10s of those same clones with ease. Asuma continued his explanation as the ruckus from his team mellowed.

"Let me explain how this works. I'll give you this paper and when you channel your chakra into it, based on the element, the paper reacts.

If you have a Fire affinity, the paper will catch on fire and turn into ash. If you have Wind affinity, the paper will split in half. For Lightning, it will wrinkle. For Earth, it will turn to dirt and crumble away and lastly for Water, it will become damp. Is this clear?" Asuma asked, taking a deep puff and Team 7 nodded.

"Ladies first, Sakura." He called, giving the paper to the pink-haired girl. She was nervous, but looking at a confident-looking Naruto and somewhat excited Sasuke, she channelled her chakra into it. It turned to dirt and crumbled with the edges getting a bit damp. The pink-haired girl missed it.

"You have Earth as your primary affinity and I can see a bit of water at the edge, so water may be your secondary one," Asuma said with a smile.

Sakura's face brightened at that. She assumed that having one element is great as most Shinobi have one, but hearing that she had a second budding affinity made her day.

With a bright smile, she walked back to her team while Sasuke passed her to find his.

'I'm an Uchiha, an elite. I'm sure I have fire. We are masters of it after all. Let's see what else I have.' Sasuke thought.

These last few days were like a blessing to him as he managed to grasp many things they were told and though not the best among his peers, he is satisfied with his progress.

He thought the village was a poor excuse for a shinobi village as he didn't see any urgency or useful knowledge being taught or trained. But these past few days changed his opinion.

He can imagine how this village managed to churn out legends like the Sandaime, Yondaime and him. But he will take his time. Not in a hurry to kill him.

Sasuke knows he will get his chance and when that day comes, he will be the strongest man standing at the end of the fight. With that determination in mind, he channelled chakra into the paper.

As expected, the paper wrinkled? But burnt into ash as well. 'What!?' He screamed in his mind.

"Looks like you have primary Lightning affinity and secondary Fire affinity, Sasuke," Asuma said, with the same encouraging smile. Sasuke didn't respond but stoically walked to Sakura passing Naruto.

His minding is screaming in outrage. 'How can I have a secondary Fire affinity? Fire is our bread and butter. Is that the reason why I can't make a Big Fireball in front of father?' He thought, deep in memories.

Fireball Jutsu is the Uchiha Clan's right of passage and when an Uchiha was able to perform it, they were allowed to wear the Clan symbol, the Uchiha Fan proudly.

Like all young Uchiha kids, Sasuke tried his best to perform it. It took him quite a while and effort to be able to do it. But the only thing he got was disappointment.

"It is not as big as Itachi's. Anyway, well done Sasuke." Were his father's exact words. Now it makes sense why he wasn't able to produce a big one. He didn't notice Naruto's paper as the blonde channelled his chakra into it.

'What are you gonna show?' The blood clone thought mentally, channelling his chakra. The paper split in half with the whole thing turning damp at the same time, forming a misty effect.

"Well, that's new. Looks like you have both Wind and Water as your primary affinities, Naruto. That shiny mist is to be seen though. Maybe it's the effect you get when 2 elements are simultaneously shown." Asuma said scratching his beard and Naruto gave a nod as he moved back in line.

"Well looks like you 3 have 2 affinities at least to some extent. Now let me tell you the first step of elemental training and control." Asuma said and started explaining.

With Original

While his clone is testing his elemental affinity and working to improve the control, the original was on his way to Konoha, receiving a send-off from 3 of his friends in Kiri.

Chojuro has become a fast friend and even explained some small facts about the civil war that helped them win. Haku and Zabuza managed to explain everything to the Mizukage and were in time to give him the send-off.

While the Mizukage herself was present, giving him a small yet sad smile as he left the shores of Kirigakure to Hi no Kuni.

'Such a sweet boy. If only he was a bit older.' She sighed as the ship passed the natural defence, a thick layer of mist around the village.

"We should be more careful around that brat. Brats these days, coming to another great nation as if it's a picnic. Back in my day, our old folks would be on toes to even go on an official trip." Ao sighed.

The Mizukage only heard 'Young men are not fit to marry an Old woman.' She turned to her and made a death threat which made the man shiver.

As the last shadow of the ship passed their sight, all of them moved back to the village, Haku excited about exploring the village.

As he boarded the ship, Naruto walked into his quarters and sat in a meditative posture. 'Let's see what my clones are up to.' He thought and dispelled a clone, ordering for a status report.

Finding the secret of the Shadow Clones was just Kami's blessing as it made life easier for him. While he was away doing his thing, his clones kept things running.

He will thank Nidaime for such a wonderful invention if he meets the man. Soon he got a flood of memories and he started going through them.

'Joint exercises, huh. What a sound tactic to develop teamwork. Jiji must be given credit for this.' Next came the memory of the Rasengan.

'Ooh, Rasengan. Nice. Let's see how it went.' He thought and went into the memories of the training.

A Week Ago

Flashback Begin

After hiding his father's scroll from Jiji and eating ramen with him, the clone came back to his apartment and checked the scroll.

He gave the scroll to the second blood clone that was training in the Uzumaki estate. As soon as the contents were read, a new training schedule was prepared.

"Ok boys. We are going to master the Rasengan now. This is going to be different from our normal training. I want you all to individually master the Rasengan." He said to the 30 Shadow Clones that were listening to him.

All of them patiently waited for further instruction and the blood clone continued. "You know how we normally train. When one of us makes progress, they will dispel and share knowledge with us.

But this time, without anything like that, I want you all to master the Rasengan. I want to test a theory about the different ways of our training and see how it works.

This exercise helps us to conclude if all clones mastering the Rasengan increases the effectiveness or strength of it with more time or we dispelling and sharing knowledge does." He explained all the Shadow Clones nodded.

"Let's get started." He said and everyone chose their spot and started practising. For a week, they continued, none of the Shadow Clones dispelling, eating and replenishing the lost chakra.

Their training started to show results after that as most of them were able to pass through the first stage of the Rasengan easily and when all of them gathered to test their progress, most of them were able to complete the first stage, with a few managing to dent a good chunk of the second stage.

"Excellent. Let's continue our efforts and make the boss proud!" They all cheered and continued to the second phase of the exercise.

Flashback End

After seeing the unique weapons Kiri is making, he now wants to start training in the Bukijutsu as well just to know how to use weapons.

Mayuri is simply amazing to be replaced for any other and he is going to carry her unlike how he has sealed her in a scroll now. Going to Kiri changed his perspective on a few things.

Zabuza simply created more love for Mayuri for him to let her be in a scroll anymore. He took her out, placed it in his lap and started to idly channel his chakra into her.

It felt amazing when he first practised it at the behest of Zabuza as in his words every sword wants something to bond with its master and its blood for him. He pushed Naruto into learning what Mayuri craves from him.

When he tried, the soothing feeling she gave when he idly channelled his chakra into her made him love it and he started doing it whenever he was free. He also started playing with his chakra as well.

It was part of the exercise he started to test his chakra flows and now it became a part of his daily practice and he loved it a lot. While this was going on, the Kyuubi was observing everything with a hungry gleam.

'Hmm, the brat is doing good. He had a matured Sharingan, going through that bastard Yondaime's Jutsu and now Hyoton(Ice release).' Naruto appeared in front of Kyuubi.

"What? Did you call me Kyuubi?" He asked the only entity that lived there.

"No, brat. But it's been long since we last talked." He said and Naruto nodded.

"I forgot about your chakra. Hehe." Naruto said with a goofy smile.

"As if you can use it. You are simply too young to even touch it." He retorted.

"Maybe. But it's for an emergency and I at least have something to rely upon if need be." Naruto reasoned and he nodded.

"It's very devious of you to take Hyoton from that girl," Kyuubi said with a chuckle.

"Where devious? I politely asked Haku and explained it to be a test. She agreed, allowing me to take a small part. And it was not much, I think I took 20th of her chakra? But it was worth it. She was as excited as me to see the icicles that formed dattebayo." Naruto said, his verbal tic making a comeback after a long time.

"Look who's back. It's been a long time since I heard that. But now you have Hyoton." He said and Naruto nodded, making a small icicle form on his hand.

"What is your plan next? You have the backing of part of my chakra and Hyoton, a rare Kekkei Genkai. Are you gonna go around taking all the Kekkei Genkai?" He asked curiously.

"What do you take me for, a grave robber? Getting Hyoton is just an experiment and no, I'm not going to go around stealing Kekkei Genkai unless necessary." Naruto said confidently.

"I'm satisfied with that part." He said with a smirk.

"You mean I'll steal them still?" Naruto asked.

"Nope. Judging by the ongoing events, I'm sure you will be in a situation where you will be forced to do it." He explained with a smirk. Naruto smirked in return.

"Oh, Kyuubi. You are forgetting something about me." Naruto said, his eyes changing from the cerulean blues to blood red with 3 Tomoes in them.

"I have these bad boys for that," Naruto said with a smirk.

"I'm in no hurry. We will see." The Kyuubi said with a mysterious smirk and went back inside the cage, out of Naruto's sight. Soon Naruto disappeared as well.

He is satisfied with feeling Mayuri and the thrums of excitement she is sending. His journey continued like that.

Sorry for the interruption. But you are not reading ANs. So I had no choice.

The server is open of you now! Follow the link or enter the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

A Week Later

Everything went well with Team 7 and Team 10s exercise and both teams learned something important and Team 7 was fortunate in the matter as Asuma guided them through the 1st level of elemental control.

He even allowed the teens to pick which element they want to work on and Sasuke chose Lightning, Sakura took Earth while Naruto picked Water.

He gave them a scroll which had the first level elemental control exercise and some other tips to improve mastery and Team 7 took it to heart.

They first started with Leaf exercise as usual. In which they use their element on the leaf to increase their mastery. After leaf, they switched to rocks and destroyed many of them with their control.

Naruto felt his water element control increase and this only added to the effects of his Rasengan as he also used that for the Elemental control exercise.

He is happy with his growth, to say the least. They have already mastered the second phase and are marching through the last phase. He is confident it will be in a day or 2 that they will master the thing.

Rasengan is powerful is saying storms are harmless. The raw power was very hard to control for him and they had to be careful to not dispel the clones, not to disturb the original.

So they took it nice and slow and were able to make leaps and bounds of development in just 2 weeks with 30 clones.

"How are you progressing?" The first blood clone asked, arrived in the Uzumaki estate.

"Doing good. I'm sure we will be able to do the Rasengan in a few days." The second blood clone said in confidence.

"I thought of something going through Asuma's training. How about we add Wind and Water now instead of just doing it later? I completed the first stage of water elemental training and we already completed Wind Level 2 training." He proposed.

"That would be wonderful." They both heard a third voice and turned to see the original walking towards them with his trademark grin.

"Boss?" They asked in surprise and one nod from the original created cheers from all the practising Shadow clones.

"How are you all doing?" He greeted all the clones and they excitedly talked about all the training they were going through though the original already knew about that from the memories.

"So is the trip successful?" Asked the second Blood Clone and Naruto nodded, a cold icy mist forming around his fingers.

"Yep. She is very open to it and showed me some basic hand signs as well. They had a mixture of Water and Wind hand signs. They look simple enough." He explained and the chatter stopped, everyone, paying close attention to the original.

"So whatcha up to?" He asked the first Blood Clone.

"Going to do another joint exercise. But this time with Team 9, whom we never met." He said and the original nodded.

"How about you replenish and let other guys do the job? You did great, staying this long without dispelling. I'll handle the joint exercise." He proposed and the 2 Blood clones along with Shadow Clones nodded.

"Ok, as soon as I sit to meditate, dispel one by one." He ordered and sat in a meditative position and the Clones started to dispel. Shadow Clones followed by Blood Clones.

It took Naruto one hour to go through all the memories and training and process everything. After completely going through them, he made 2 more Blood clones and 50 Shadow Clones.

"Ok, boys. Half of you continue the training of Rasengan but this time add the elements as well. Wind and Water should be our main focus. The other half are going to train in Hyoton and try to come up with Jutsu.

Use the lake for the experiment and try freezing it at first and move from there. I'll take care of the joint exercise and will be back after the week." He ordered and everyone nodded. He vanished in a Shunshin, running towards his apartment.

'Team 9 huh. I never heard of them. They are not from our graduation class as well. This should be interesting.' He thought as he went to his apartment, completed his bath and other morning rituals and enjoyed the cool climate in Konoha.

He was out of the village for almost 50 days now and missed the climate a lot. It was a pleasant day and Naruto familiarised himself with the village though his clone exploits and kept him up to date with everything.

He went to the Ichiraku's and ate to his heart's content. He missed the taste a lot. After a detour to his favourite spot, he went to his team's training ground.

Sasuke and Sakura were usually waiting for him and their Sensei. He observed how Sakura was a bit more confident and Sasuke was smug about something but chose not to disturb them.

"Elemental training was amazing, wasn't it?" Sakura asked with a bright smile and both boys nodded. As they already practised it to some extent. Soon their lazy sensei arrived in a puff of smoke.

"Ohayo, mina-san. How are you, my cute little genin doing?" He asked with an eye smile.

"Great,"

"Satisfactory,"

"Manageable," came the 3 unenthusiastic replies.

"Mou, you are no fun to talk to." He said childishly. They all narrowed their eyes. Their sensei won't talk like this and the suspicion of this man increased by the second.

"I must warn you about the team we are going to train with. Be careful with their sense-"

"KAKASHI, MY ETERNAL RIVAL!" Came a loud yell from the entrance of the training ground and Team 7 saw a tall and well-muscled man. He has fair skin, a strong jawline, a somewhat large nose, and black hair. He is most noticeable for his shiny bowl-style haircut and thick eyebrows that look like caterpillars.

He is wearing a green jumpsuit, orange striped leg warmers, and the standard Konoha flak jacket, which he normally leaves unzipped. His red forehead protector is worn around his waist like a belt.

He jogged towards them in high spirits with a clone of himself who has similar shiny black hair, round eyes with prominent lower eyelashes, and very thick eyebrows similar to the man.

His full appearance is similar to the man with his hair in a bowl-cut style, green jumpsuit, orange leg warmers, and a red forehead protector worn as a belt. He has bandages around his forearms up to his fingers which is the only difference they can spot.

He is also running with the same excitement and beside them, Naruto saw a familiar face. Tenten. The same bun-haired girl that sold him his shinobi gear. She is in the same Chinese-style dress.

Their last team member was odd, to say the least as he had fair skin and long dark brown. His eyes reminded them of a certain dark blue-haired girl in their class.

He wore a beige-coloured shirt, a dull blue shirt beneath that, and mesh armour beneath that. He wore dark brown shorts, and blue shinobi sandals, and wrapped bandages around his right arm, chest, and right leg.

He tied his hair back in a loose ponytail tied a few inches above the end. He wore a black forehead protector, under which was a smaller headband with two straps that frame the sides of his face.

After similar observations from Team 9 were made by the time the enthusiastic sensei and his clone made it to Team 7.

"Kakashi, my eternal rival. I see you are training your youthful team for this exercise." Guy said with a thumbs up and a spark to his smile. While Kakashi was neck-deep in his book.

After a few seconds, he looked up from his book. "Did you say something, Guy?" He asked, cleaning his ear. The man struck a pose.

"You and your hip attitude. I challenge you to-"

"We should concentrate on the joint exercise first." Kakashi interrupted and Guy relaxed from his pose and seemed to ponder.

"Hmm, yes. I'll take care of your youthful students and make their flames of youth be properly fanned." Guy said, giving Team 7 a thumbs up, but the team couldn't respond.

"Yes, Guy-sensei. We should fan our flames of youth!" His clone shouted and both men started explaining about the flames of youth.

"Yes, Lee. If you would excuse me, Team 7, come on." Guy said in jogging and Team 7 reluctantly followed.

They knew this week is not going to be as fun as the last few in the first few moments of their interaction.

"Wait, Guy. They should introduce themselves first." Kakashi said but Guy with Team 7 has already disappeared through the treeline. Kakashi sighed, shaking his head.

"Ok, tell me what he taught you so that I can see where I can help you." He said to the members of Team 9 and they started introducing themselves.

Unknown Location

"Are you sure this is reliable?" A shadowed figure asked a masked shinobi resembling an Anbu.

"Yes, Danzo-sama." The Anbu replied in a monotone.

"Keep monitoring him. We can't have him betray Konoha like the bastard brother of his." He ordered and the anbu bowed and vanished.

'Damn that Hirizen. You not only gave me the Kyuubi brat's custody but also did not monitor the Uchiha brat as well. Now he seems to have awakened his Sharingan. What is your plan in starting this new Joint exercise, Hiruzen?' He thought, cursing his rival for spoiling his plans.

'Maybe it's time for a meeting. I'm not going to let that Kyuubi brat go that easily.' He thought, walking into his office to plan.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter folks.

And the wait is over! The server is open of you now! Follow the link or enter the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

You can read next 2 chapters of Change in Winds now and join the Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page. You gain access to the server through tipping as well.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website to buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

3