Chapter 3
250 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hugo!"

Han Suchang exclaimed, the hand he was holding moved.

How stunned he was when this grandson of his suddenly ran away, only to come back being carried by one of the guards, unconscious.

The doctor said it was nothing too serious and was mostly due to shock and fatigue that he fainted and would wake up in a while as his body was strained and even injured. He tended to his wounds after examining him.

Han Suchang fell asleep by the bed hoping his grandson won't sustain trauma and finally he woke up the next morning.

It was only after the doctor checked up on him and told him there was nothing wrong had Han Suchang sighed in relief.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

A few days passed, and in that time Han Hugo stayed in the hospital to heal his wounds. His grandpa, still worried, had him meet a psychiatrist, fortunately, the worst didn't happen.

Han Suchang had stayed with the child throughout and had Yan Yu arrange the funeral for the couple, only helping when the work required him to.

Days seemed to pass slowly until the funeral finished and three months had gone by. During that time Han Hugo had stayed in his room, never going outside, and only talking when necessary.

Until...

"I want to go somewhere."

Han Hugo spoke.

"Yes, of course! Where do you want to go? Grandpa will go with you."

Happy that his grandson had finally decided to go outside, Han Suchang agreed without hesitation.

"No, not just go...I want to stay."

"W-what do you mean?"

"I want to stay abroad and live there."

"T-that's..."

Han Suchang stuttered, 'So suddenly...?'

While he was lost in thought, Hugo continued;

"I want to transfer schools..."

"If that's what you want...which country do you want to transfer to...?"

"..."

Hugo tilted his head, his eyes caught something on the table, and lingered.

He lifted his hand and spun the "thing".

His lashes fluttered as he uttered, "...Japan."

The dumbfounded old man gaped at Hugo's finger randomly placed on the celestial globe.

Though in disbelief Han Suchang was relieved, he was worried that he would want to go somewhere far, thankfully it was a country quite close, with only about a few hours by plane...but...

"..Are you sure?"

He was still worried about sending a child who haven't even reached adulthood to another country, moreover staying and living there...

Is this perhaps just an impulse...? His grandson had always been responsible and was more mature than his peers, but still, the fact that he was just a child remained the same...

"Yes, I want to go to Japan."

"...To say you want to go to Japan when you only decided it arbitrarily..."

"Yes..?"

"Oh, nothing!"

"I see...but, are you not going to ask me anything...?"

"No."

To speak of moving elsewhere...what more could be the reason other than avoiding the places that reminded him of his parents?

He was once in a similar state after losing his wife, how could he not understand?

He would have accompanied Hugo with no questions asked if he didn't have the company to worry about.

He had already retired and had his son take over the company, but now that he's gone, he needs to take over again...

At least a few more years until his grandson grows up.

He wanted to work and arrange many things, so that, even if his grandson didn't want to inherit the company, nothing wrong would happen...

He needs to live a few more years and watch over him.

11