Chapter 10
1.6k 2 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a horrible night of nightmares, watching TV and having what Mandy calls anxiety attacks. Looking at the Stark Phone and the maps it displays after a set of coordinates got sent to me. Walking into the place I'm supposed to be feels odd, my senses are focused waiting for something as I walk deeper into the hallway of the empty building. My ears and eyes are paying close attention to everything around me as I follow the directions given to me. The metallic door calls my attention as it seems like a vault door. Standing in front of it and place the phone in the spot that looks like it can scan it. The door unlocks after a few seconds, looking ahead and notice Agent Barton standing in the middle of what looks like a training mat.

"What is this place?" I can't help but ask as this place looks bigger inside.

"Safe house, for strike teams. It's gone unused for a while, because there is a new one so it's only us." He answered as he stood up and began stretching.

"Excellent use of Taxpayer money." He smirked.

"Yup, a third of our salaries."

"Why am I here again?"

"You're too-"

"Awesome?"

"You." He paused. "You need training, begin your warm-up exercises. Then we begin." As my warm-ups finished he was waiting for me.

"I will teach you how to fight."

"I know how to fight."

"No, you only push, pull and shove. You have no in-between." I mutter a curse under my breath.

"For the next three to five weeks, I'll teach you how to fight as well as I'll be your opponent."

"You do know you can't fight me, right?"

"I'll take that bet."

"Dinner?" He took a fighting stance and with his extended hand made the universal sign of come at me. Rushing at him I delivered a kick, holding back for obvious reasons. Instead of him getting sent to the ground I'm somehow looking at the ceiling.

"What happened?"

"You're too green to be cocky. Having super powers doesn't mean you can beat someone with experience." I got up as embarrassment got the better of me... But I know that I need to improve.

"Then teach me." He smiled as he took pose.

"That's why we're here for. This is a Kata, or first position. There will come a time where you're going to be against someone as strong as you or even stronger." I imitated his form, thank God for having vacation time since last semester was beyond stressful. Five hours later I'm sweating as

Agent Barton is an absolute slave driver and clearly understands how to train someone with super strength.

"I have to ask." I pant hard as air is going into my lungs and I'm crouched down with my palms on my knees. "Where did you get this training?"

"Quite easily, we had to check what Captain America did back in the day and updated it for you and the modern day and age. Let me tell you it wasn't easy for me to find out what he used to do at least I wasn't the one willing to look into that." He smirked as he handed me a bottle of water.

"Am I doing more or less than him?" 

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"I would." I grumbled as I lied down.

"I think that's enough for today." He said as he walked past me. "Hit the showers and get going, I think you have a shoot or something you models do." I grumbled in annoyance.

"Fine." After all my showers last like 30 minutes. I hope this place has hot water. At least winter shoots are fun, lots of clothes that cover my entire body. And above all, massive, amounts of food that can be bought at low prices.

"Ms. Moon in order for this loan to go through. I just need a few signatures." A few documents are placed in my direction, looking at the interest rate of 7% and the amount of 40,000 and the 10 years... it's going to be 464 per month.  'If I do things correctly, then I would not be in that much debt. At least I can pay a bit of this... apparently and this will be the only way to pay rent and pay my tuition... god dammit, I'm going to be in so much trouble.

It seems Agent Barton was correct about crime increasing recently but it seems NYPD and SHIELD are stopping things from getting out of hand. Which give me a chance to keep me focused on training which surprisingly is actually helpful. I mean I know I can help people if they get in accidents, stab wounds, dressing wounds and when people are bleeding heavily. Or how to deal with fires as well as he explained that I can't pull people if I stick web from the front of a person since it could snap someone's neck.

"You want another plate?" I can't help but ask since he's already done with his plate.

"No, thanks, you're getting pretty good at cooking; reminds me of Laura." He looked at me as if it slipped from him we stood in an awkward silence.

"Umm, thank you?" I don't know who Laura is, but a headache rushed over my head as I groan but the headache increases. 

"You good?" A hand runs over my back. "Maybe Coulson was right, you may have something going on in that noggin." The headache grew bigger.

"Ah!" A yell escapes my mouth as images run through my mind. The image of a man in a suit stabbed through the back, New York being overrun by fire and explosions as aliens fly over buildings. My vision slowly goes black as the edges of my vision darken.

"Kid? Moon?" My breath comes labored. "Cin-" That's the last I hear as my vision goes completely black, I dreamed about a city falling from the sky as I think is agent Barton covering a kid with his body as bullets rain down from a plane. But that scene plays out as if it was surrounded by darkness, but in a perfect square.

The first thing that wakes me up is the smell of alcohol. "Ugh my head." My head is pounding as the dream goes away, not even staying for a second as those images slip away and into that same spot of my mind that feels like it's missing something.

"Easy there, you passed out." Agent Barton said as he removed a piece of cotton from under my nose as I notice I'm lying down on my couch.

"Did I puke?" I ask in concern as food right now is the most important thing to not lose.

"No, you're good." I grumbled in annoyance. "What happened?"

"I... Don't know, my head just began to pound and I felt like... I don't know." Saying that aloud feels odd, but the fact that it always slips right through my fingers annoys me, but at the same time I can put it in the back of my head.

"It's not my business, but the scars." I feel my shoulders tense up as I notice that some scars are visible from the workout clothes I wear.

"I'd rather not talk about that..." My reply came fast as I can't really talk about them, hell I can't even look at them.

"It's just-"

"I think you should leave." I hug my knees.

"Sure, but-"

"Out." My tone is harsh as I feel anger... and... fear, because those scars are just examples of my mistakes as a kid. I was a good kid, but those markings are the tapestry of how many wrongs I did since the reason they're there is my own fault for not behaving. The door closes as I can't help but be angry at myself.

We began to train five weeks ago and we're mid-way into December and I was able to learn a lot from Agent Barton, now I think I can actually fight without much problem, not really a professional but I can actually fight now. Like using grapples, throwing punches that don't actually kill people and I can incapacitate them.

"Here is what you ordered." He said as he made an effort to hand me a bag that looks made for holding a computer. "This bag has a double layer, you can carry the suit. The double layer is under a small lock and covered with metal and the polymer made for this thing. The lock is biometric as well. It's heavy for people like us, but it should be easy for you and this won't get stolen so easily."

"Thanks."

"Also this will help you." He gave me a piece of red fabric that stretches.

"Whoa, is this for..."

"A new mask, I'd recommend you to cover your face more."

"Why? Masks are for people with things to lose. I don't." I reply immediately. "But maybe a voice modifier can help." I reply as he nods.

"That's a good idea." He paused as he sat down beside me. I opened the bag and pulled out the suit. "Whoa, it looks pretty cool. I'm gonna go change." I say as I go to the nearest bathroom and change from my clothes to the suit. Using the greatest invention ever sports bras. Thank God for those, pulling the suit over my body and how it stretched to match my body type. Holy shit is this so... comfy and absolutely hugs every curve in my body. Looking around I can see that it does outline my body, fitting like a glove. Yet the suit is actually made of a fabric that doesn't feel hot, actually it stretches a lot. Lifting leg over my head easily making a split, the fabric expanded.

"Whoa, this looks so cool!" Looking at the mirror I feel... So powerful. Lastly the gray and black gloves that leave my fingertips showing allowing web to exit from them.

Placing the webshooters in my wrists, securing them and notice how they blend in so well with me. Lifting the scarf up to its usual position and noticing that I look like an entire different person, the baggy pants and hoodie I wear outside as Silk are such a different contrast to this costume. Walking to the training mat Agent Barton notices me.

"Hey, you look..." He paused. "Like a hero, I'm not really into letting you go out there, by yourself. But you look capable enough after al I trained you to do what you need to do out there and not lose your life out there."

"Thank you Agent Barton."

"Please, it's Clint we're beyond that." He said as he extended his hand, which I took.

"Thank you." I used both hands.

"You're welcome kid." He ended the shake. "Now for your last lesson with me. You and I will train with live rounds." As I was about to point out that he doesn't use guns he rolled away, from the sound of his bow extending followed by an arrow being notched, I'm already firing at the place where arrows exit and his hand gets stuck.

"I hope these aren't the ones that come from you!"

"They are!" Our banter makes him groan as I'm running at him. But it seems he anticipated that as an arrow with bolas come shooting at my feet. Jumping high, my silk sense, warms me to dodge.

Turning my body sideways as the arrows come at me. I dodge 2, land and grab the third before it hits my shoulder. Only to notice the small beep, my senses warm me which made me immediately throw it away from me. An explosion goes off close to my face.

"Ah." Damn, that actually hurt. Running at him and dodging in between shots and stopping as one arrow lands where my foot would've been. My senses warm me as I roll, out of the way as an arrow was about to pierce me shoulder blade.

"How?" He smiled as I ran at him in full speed but again had to jump away as an arrow bounced from the steel beams on the ceiling and into where I would be, but I snatch it from the air again before it hit me. I glare at him as this just got interesting.

73