Eye pain
4.2k 11 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep within the forest, that was east of the Elderon kingdom, The forest is densely packed with the trees close together making it difficult for anything big as a carriage to move through, not only that but it was easier to get ambushed by monsters at night, as such only skilled adventurers could traverse the forest alone, However a woman, who wore ragged clothes, that were torn on many places Making them look like nothing but pieces of cloth.

The woman had multiple wounds and scratches on her body including her face, the blood from the wounds had long since dried and she had no time to take care of herself.

The woman carried a baby wrapped in a dark brown cloth. The woman traversed the deep forest with no weapons or supplies just her and her child, her bare feet were swollen and bloody, she had stepped on multiple sharp objects that made it difficult to walk but she moved forward, the pain was inconsequential she had to reach her destination.

She had known that to the west of her village there was a kingdom and she had hoped she could make it there safely or at least have her child be safe, 

As a member of the Ogelmen tribe a people that are great at hunting and traversing forests, her knowledge of the forest helped her narrowly avoid monster territories without being ambushed, she was able to feed her child some berries she found in the bushes, So her child didn't starve. looking for weak monsters to hunt so she could eat was not ideal as that would endanger her and her child so she settled for berries, they weren't filling but they did their job.

Unfortunately, it's been 5 days since the attack on her tribe by those armored men and she hasn't gotten any proper sleep since then, She's managed to have her child be asleep throughout this journey of hers only waking her up when it's time to eat. 

The woman has no idea how long it will take to reach her destination but she's determined to get there no matter what.

Due to the woman wanting to avoid monsters she had veered off course and fortunately she was closer to a road that will lead her to the kingdom she going to however she also happened to step into the territory of something much worse than monsters.

 due to her lack of sleep  and tiredness, she had failed to notice the presence of the multiple suspicious  people that had been quietly surrounding her and she was easily captured by the suspicious men

........

"Boss, the carriage has around forty knights surrounding it  they outnumber us by ten"

A Tall lanky man that was carrying a bow and Arrows, he had short black hair and eyes and wore what looked to be adventurer clothing, leather armor, and an iron breastplate, the man relayed the message to his boss who was a bald and brawny tall man with arms as big as tree trunks, who Also wore similar clothing to the lanky man.

"Hmm" 

The boss placed his hands to his chin and thought.

'40 knights huh, then that means it's not a high-ranking noble, perhaps a Baron? Or viscount'

He thought, any high-ranking noble would have close to a hundred knights as escorts anything below 50 fifty is manageable or at the very least the ambush should be enough to dwindle their numbers and give him an advantage.

"Alright, tell the man to go for  the kill immediately, if they outnumber us by ten we need to cull their numbers as fast as possible"

He instructed the man who proceeded to leave and go tell the other men of the plan.

"Boss"

He heard a voice behind him, from within the trees 

"Hmm"

"We found a woman"

"Alright bring her here I want to see her"

The boss instructed, right now he had no time to fool around with a woman however he does want to see how much she'd be worth as a slave after he and his boys had fun with her of course plus the carriage is bound to have a woman or two in it so it won't just be one woman to entertain them today.

........

"[LET GO OF ME]"

The woman let out a weak shout and struggled as she tried to break free from the hold of the bandit who had pinned her down. Though she struggled to get free it didn't seem like she was, her strength was so drained from the journey that she cou

ld barely muster enough strength to shout.

"What is she saying?" 

The boss asked the men but none could answer,  what the woman said sounded like nonsense. Looking around and finding no one to answer the boss sighed.

"Tie her up we got a job to do"

He wonders If the woman would be worth anything as a slave since she can't speak the common language.

'Perhaps she's one of them, bush people'

"Uhm boss what do we do with this baby?"

"Just place it next to the woman we'll think of what to do later, now go get in formation"

The boss instructed, and he Readied himself for the ambush to start, unfortunately for him and his group,  things weren't going to go as planned.

.............

"Rock, Paper, scissors"

"I win"

"Rock, Paper, scissors"

"I win"

"Rock, Paper, scissors"

"Do I even need to try at this point" 

"Milady are you sure you aren't cheating?"

"How the hell would I cheat at such a game"

"I don’t know, you can't win all the time in a game based on chances, in this game you only have three options Rock, Paper, or scissors  how is it possible that every time I choose Rock you choose Paper or every time I choose Paper you choose scissors, it doesn't make sense."

The sore loser explains her reasons why she thinks I'm cheating, she does make a valid point though but that doesn't mean I'm cheating, the fact of the matter is if one person throws Paper while the other uses Rock, the loser will switch to scissors the next round to beat Paper, to win again the other person has to switch to rock, you can continuously win if you keep doing that. Provided the person you're playing against isn't smart enough to realize this, so Clara is somewhat dumb.

 This is also the first time I've heard her talk that much she must be vexed.

"I'm not cheating Clara  I'm just that good at this game, even if I Was can you prove, a claim needs proof to be considered true"

After hearing what I said, she gained a contemplating look on her face.

We were playing rock Paper scissors because I'm immensely bored, and I spent the entire week with nothing to do but sit and wait, I should have brought books or something to play with for the duration of this trip.

I could have teleported there but I've never been to the capital before so I can't.

speaking of the capital, the only reason I even agreed to go to the academy is not because of making friends and all that jazz, the reason is that I realized that, I can't accept being a mere daughter of a Baron, hence I shall try and elevate my father's status to count at the very least and Marquis at best, that was the reason I created the fridge and stove and credited them to my father, I mean with so much power I might as well make my family prosper and at least benefit the kingdom while I'm at it.

*Knock knock*

The carriage stopped and a knock came from the door, Clara opened the door, and inside the carriage, it was me and Clara, sir jean felt that he needed some air after a while and stepped outside leaving the two of us.

"Yes, what is it?" 

"Milady, the scouts have spotted a den of Bandits up ahead, We believe they wish to ambush us" 

Sir Jean who happens to be the vice-captain of the knights back home informed us.

"How many?"

"That's the problem we can't ascertain their number that's why we stopped, perhaps Milady could use her skills to help with that"

It was practically common knowledge at this point that I had the skill to see far into the distance, at least it was common knowledge to the knights that worked at the Mansion, my parents know about it as well,  I also suspect Emil is acting  'grown up'  because of my powers hence why he's no longer my cute little brother.

"Very well"

I said and stepped out of the carriage, walking to the front of the carriage I use my Byakugan to ascertain the number of bandits that seem to want to ambush us.

Using the Byakugan is like using a smartphone's Zoom function with a built-in x-ray vision, my vision was able to see through the trees and bushes, and gave me a view of what I wanted to see.

"There's around 30 of them"

I said before noticed two people a woman that was tied up and looks to be a baby.

"Also a woman and Child are being held captive, so rescue them as well"

knowing bandits, they're gonna rape that woman and probably sell the baby, sometimes I often forget how sick and twisted fantasy worlds are, they're almost always terrible for women.

 "ALRIGHT MEN WE MOVE FORWARD READY FOR AN AMBUSH"

Jean Shouted, informing the rest of the knights to be careful, I got back into the carriage and let the knights deal with the bandits, if they can't then I'll help.

After a few minutes of what I assumed was the knights strategizing the carriage moved once more.

An ambush is a good strategy when one is outnumbered, this is because  by taking your enemies by surprise you make them unable to respond to your attack giving you a few seconds to attack and deal damage as quickly as possible, if you're fast enough you can reduce the enemies numbers and force a stalemate.

Then what happens when the ambush fails or was anticipated by the enemies, well you die, which is exactly what happened to the bandits.

they sprung forth from the bushes and trees, you can tell by their looks they aimed to kill, a one slash one kill type of attack, they planned to reduce our numbers as quickly as possible but unfortunately, my knights saw that coming and swiftly dodged the incoming attacks before countering with their own killing the assailants.

With the ambush having failed my Knights quickly overwhelmed the bandits with numbers and killed them, some turn tailed and ran.

After the skirmish was over I exited the carriage to congratulate everyone but the moment I opened the door an arrow flew out of the trees went over the head of the knights and headed straight for me, of course, I caught it.

with my, Byakugan activated I looked towards the direction the arrow came from, I saw the archer perched up in a tree little ways deep in the forest.

Looking at him, he got shocked that I was looking in his direction that he jumped down from the tree and ran away, I suppose someone Catching an arrow and looking at the direction it came from would probably scare the archer who shot it.

"Good job everyone, now search for the woman and Child" 

I commanded, the knights weren't able to see the Arrow because it was too fast they would have only known once the arrow pierced my arm, the bandits had planned to use the archer as a threat to make us negotiate with them or take our belongings provided their ambush worked. 

"Clara how long till we reach the capital?"

"Well right now we're closer to the territory of the Duke and should pass it within the hour once we pass it we should have a day till we reach the capital"

One more day and we're done with this bullshit trip.

"Milady we found her however she's unconscious"

Two knights came from the forest, one was carrying a baby and the other the woman"

"Good, get them inside the carriage we'll talk to them once they wake up, also double-time it we're not stopping till we reach the capital.

The carriage started moving again at twice the pace it dis before, as much as the carriage is comfortable, sitting for too long can be a pain.

..................

Inside the office of a rather grand and exquisite Mansion, a  man stood in front of a blonde young man who was sitting behind a light brown desk with a touch of varnish. The young man's eyes were closed, shut. On the desk was a rather bland and outdated book that looked like a relic.

most people had never seen him with his eyes open before as such he was often believed to be blind but the one that stood before him knew better.

behind The young man was an aging butler who looked to be in his mid-sixties, but he still had enough strength within him to serve without much problem.

"Was the raid successful?"

He asked with a small smile on his face.

"Yes Milord, we successfully carried out the raid there were no problems"

Answered the commander of the knights. The commander was feeling anxious just by being near the young man, he could clearly hear the beating of his own heart and could feel his sweat trickle down from his forehead.

"Good, I shall call you once more when I have a job for you. Make sure the animals are in their cages, you are relieved" 

The commander swiftly turned and walked out, he didn't want to be inside that room any longer than necessary, he practically ran outside.

"He has quite the balls to lie to me doesn't he?"

"Yes,  quite my lord"

"Perhaps if I kill his wife just as he arrives home from here that'll teach him his lesson"

"You may do as you wish, Milord"

With a smirk, the young man raised his hand ready to use his blessed power and discipline a liar.

However as he was about to Carry on, for an instant, a fraction of a second he felt an enormous amount of magical power the magical power so huge that he could not fathom a limit, for a fraction of a second he was able to feel the enormous amount of magic power it felt as if it could encompass the entire country.

"IMPOSSI-GYARGH"

the young man was so shocked his eyes were wide open and he was about to exclaim  but unfortunately, due to him opening his eyes an immense pain struck him, the pain was so great it caused him to drop to the floor and roll around, he covered his face with his hands 

"FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUCK "

*BAM*

He exclaimed profanities and kicked the chair he had sat on out of frustration, he was so shocked that forgot, He had forgotten that he could never open his eyes for as long as he lived.

.........................

A/N: hope y'all enjoy the chapter. 

Used Grammarly so I hope there aren't any errors 

159