What to do with her
3.8k 11 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elia found herself heaving a sigh while making her way towards the gate of the Mansion she was supposed to stay in, the sigh wasn’t exactly a sigh but more of her simply exhaling but it seem like one due to the downward movement of her head, The fact that she nearly killed a child didn’t bother her what bothered her was the fact that she reacted so violently, luckily she was fast enough to realize he wasn’t an attacker or enemy.

This was quite the Surprise to her, she hadn’t been really paying attention to the people but instead was on guard for mages. She wasn’t really into entertaining the idea of being caught off guard while  near any mages and while she thought no one would attack in public she wasn’t going to take that chance.

The kid that suddenly appeared out of nowhere almost got killed, She had perfect control over her hair and at that moment her hair turned into deadly spikes ready to pierce the boy and defend herself from the perceived threat but she was quick enough to recognize it wasn’t an enemy or else it would have been bloody. She is glad that her body is responsive and isn’t lacking but she would rather not murder kids out of instinct or rather she doesn’t want her first kill being a child.

Entering the gate she found that there were guards meaning the knights had passed the gate while she was taking the test she nodded at them and entered.

The house her father owned in the castle was a small Mansion surrounded by a stone fence, it wasn’t spacious enough for there to be barracks but there was enough room in the basement to fit 50 people and with a little wiggle room to spare so it was more than enough for the 40 knights that had accompanied her, plus 30 of them were to go back the next day so she’ll be left with 10 knights, she would prefer there be no knights but her mother was having none of that.

….

Clara was somewhat distressed if not a little bit tired after a long journey from the barony to here, the trip was exhaustion and she had expected to get some sleep in proper bedding before having to deal with any of her maid duties plus the young miss would be gone for an hour at most and by the time she gets back Clara would have been fast asleep and Elia would have no choice but to wait till she wakes up that was the plan at least.

“owh’olg era’olg ouy’olg elpoep’olg, tel’olg og’olg fo'olg em”

A woman was struggling while  two people were pinning her down, she spouted an indecipherable language that Clara had never heard before.

The woman was the same woman they had picked up after dealing with the bandits, they had placed her on the bed of a guest room and let her sleep and just as Clara was preparing for her nap, the woman woke up and started causing problems and currently she was shouting, profanities or questions, Clara had no idea what she was saying.

“You have any idea what she’s saying?”

She asked the vice-captain Jean and he raised his shoulders indicating he didn’t know either, he was a peasant so he never really learned anything aside from knowing how to read or write so the words the woman was saying sounded like complete gibberish to him. 

Currently, this whole situation was occurring in the living room, Jean stood next to Clara who was sitting on a single couch while the woman was being pinned down by two other knights right in front of her on the spot where a coffee table would be. the woman had woken up, broke the door of the guest room she was placed in, and ran around the house, Jean was the one to capture her and called in a few other knights to help him restrain her, she seem to be physically gifted so it was difficult to hold her on his own so he called for help despite her injuries she was quite difficult to handle.

“so what are we going to do??”

Turning his head he looked down at her and asked, from the way she was sitting one would think she was the boss of these knights if she wasn’t wearing maid clothing but she did give that impression to the woman because the woman did not know what maid clothes were.

Her stoic face creased her brows as Clara tried to think of what to do with the woman, asking for a name was out of the question because of the language barrier and because they can’t communicate with her Clara was stumped she had no idea how to move on from here.

“what do you think we should do?”

She returned the question, she’s just a maid there’s no need for her to deal with these situations so better let someone else come up with the solutions.

However before Jean could answer that question, the door opened and their young miss walked in.

“oh great Milady you’re back, we have a problem”

Jean thought it best to throw the situation at Elia, well she was the one who told them to rescue the woman so it only makes sense that she makes the judgment calls.

“What’s going on?” 

Without Needing someone to explain Elia was able to see  what was happening,  seeing the woman pinned down didn’t surprise her its  a cliché thing that happens a lot, after all waking up in a strange place among a bunch of strangers can make someone a panic a little, Elia  walked  towards the woman who was struggling in vain

“Milady she doesn’t speak our language so we can’t communicate with her”

Clara informed after standing up from the seat and standing next to it, it would be disrespectful to address her lady while sitting down she had to stand up.

“On’olg teg’olg yawa’olg”

The woman screamed and tried her best to break free and Escape, Elia felt like this was a very Mafia-Esque scenario and that if someone were to walk in they’d misunderstand the situation.

“lock the door, we can’t have someone walk in on This.”

She instructed and Jean complied and walked to the door to lock it

Elia pursed her lips and let out a hum acknowledging what Clara said, she crouched down and looked at the woman. The woman seemed to be agitated and panicky not only that but she seemed to be scared, so if Elia wanted things to go smoothly she would need to Calm the woman down first and show her they were not her enemies. Even if they can’t understand her they can still communicate via hand gestures or maybe drawings since hand gestures aren’t universal.

Elia then stuck out her right hand towards the woman before a pale green hue was emitted from her hand, the first step was to heal the woman and make her see that she isn’t someone to be feared.

The woman currently on the floor struggling had no idea what was going on, she remembers that she was held captive by some rough-looking men, she could not understand what they were saying but she could guess they weren’t any good people, she tried her best to escape but the long journey had taken a toll on her and she was exhausted so she fell asleep, not by choice her body simply shut down after days of sleep deprivation.

She woke up in a  strange room she hasn’t seen before on top of what she assumed was a deb’olg, she panicked and sprung off the bed, the sudden realization that her baby wasn’t in her arms caused her to bulldoze through the door destroying and she ran around the house trying to find her child, people of the Ogelmen had excellent sense almost k-9 like because of this the woman was able to smell the location of her child.

 It’s also worth noting the women of the Ogelmen tribe possess greater strength than the men of their tribe and a greater vitality unfortunately their strength is limited as they can only display this great strength when under the influence of certain herbs and vitality doesn’t help much if you haven’t eaten anything filling for days on end so despite being freshly woken up and no longer exhausted she was still weak and was easily captured by the strange man in armor 

She was already Afraid and panicked however that fear and panic amplified when she saw the men wearing similar to the ones who raided her village, her attempt to break free was futile the men holding her down were firm in their grasp, it didn’t take long before she stopped resisting, she stopped just as The pale young child crouched down to look at her. 

She saw the green light emitted by the young girl with pale skin, she was familiar with magic as her village elder was a shaman not particularly powerful but useful in many situations, She had no idea what was going to happen to her but she wasn’t going to die without seeing her child or ensuring that her child was safe.

It was at this moment that she summoned every last bit of her strength that she can muster and used it, it was unbeknownst to her but before she stopped struggling the knights were having a difficult time restraining her, and now that she had stopped struggling three had loosed their grip on her and now that she is using every last bit of strength she has she completely threw them off her back sending them flying across the room as she shot upwards off the ground and on her feet.

Jean being always the ready knight he is, grasped the blade on his waist ready to jump in However he wasn’t fast enough as Elia swiftly delivered the same three strikes she used on her instructor during her combat test earlier today and immediately knocked the woman out and let her drop to her knees falling face first on to the floor as if dead.

“Excellently done Milady” 

There was a long silence that was immediately disrupted by Clara who praised Elia for her actions,

“that was most impressive Milady”

This time Jean offered his praise while also vowing to get stronger so her lady wouldn't have to lift a finger, he and a few knights idolized Elia.

“restrain her next time, also now that  I think about it wouldn’t it be best for us to hand her over to the knights of the kingdom I'm sure they'll do a better job at handling her”

Ignoring the praise Elia suggested, honestly it would be better to get this problem off her and let someone else handle it she has things to do a father’s status to raise.

“Actually they wouldn’t”

Jean objected 

“Huh aren’t the knights supposed to handle any problems or crimes, since she was captured by bandits wouldn’t it be their job to make sure she gets home safe or to her relatives at least?”

Clara questioned, as she turned to look at Jean with a mix of stoic and confused expressions. 

“ well that is true, however, the problem with that is the woman here is probably a foreigner she probably has no friend or family within the kingdom and because of that the best the knights can do is find  her a job so she could make money and go home at least they’ll say they did that”

“Oh, I see.”

Elia says as she comprehends what Jean was sayings, the woman is a foreigner, has no family no friends doesn’t speak the language of this country, you don’t need to be a genius to realize that is just a recipe for a kidnapping.

“so what you’re saying is the Knights in the capital are corrupt?”

“Yes Milady”

“I take it that you’ve witnessed this corruption?” 

“Yes I have”

Elia gained a contemplative look and tried to think of a way to solve the problem, right now she is quite happy that they didn’t hand over the woman to the knight guards at the gate, the only solution she could think of was to make the woman her servant until she can learn her language and then send her home afterward.

Elia turned and look at the knights who were currently standing up and recovering from  being thrown a cross the room before she spoke 

“I see, well for now she’ll stay with us until further notice, also when you return the woman to the guest room make sure her child is with her this time and restrain her”

“Yes ma’am”

The two complied before grabbing the woman and dragging her to the guest room.

‘hmm did that instructor ever wake up?” 

...................

A/N: hello, hope you enjoy the chapter, decided to give the Ogelmen a proper language what do you think?

It should be pretty easy to understand since it just English words but backwards and the word olg tied at the end of each word.

147