Wild one.
3.7k 16 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the waiting room of the Royal Academy a multitude of students were currently waiting for their names to be called so they could have their tests done, many had gotten sick of doing nothing but talking and were actually quite bothered by how slow the entire process was plus. A few were beginning to direct their anger towards the noble children who seem to be going in and out as they pleased not even needing to wait, unfortunately no matter how angry they got they could not voice their opinions aloud and risk the prince hearing them, so they kept their gripes to themselves only whispering about the injustice of their current situation.

Prince Alphonse impatiently waited outside the waiting room,  he had his arms crossed and one of his fingers under his arm continuously tapped against his side, he had to Hide this action from Ophelia so as not to appear to be in hurry to be somewhere and evoke her anger.

The waiting room was quite noisy and the noise was getting on his nerves somewhat but as a prince, he must always practice patients and calmness, despite wanting to be king he felt the restraints of being Royalty were far too many but he can’t do anything about that now can he?

Her emerald-colored eyes stared into him as she recounted her performance during the testing, she was quite excited and rather quite happy that she got to show off her swordsmanship proficiency, while she is a mage she thought it would be impressive if she learned swordsmanship to impress the Prince,   Alphonse was listening to her ramble on about becoming a  battle oriented mage, however that was not possible considering a mage can never be as good as a warrior in combat but he said nothing to her, he wasn’t a dream crusher. After all, dreams were always crushed by reality so no need to do it himself, well at least she had aspirations that didn’t involve being a noble housewife 

“And then once I’ve perfected my fighting style I’ll become the greatest mage capable of fighting on equal footing with warriors”

She paused waiting for a response from him, however, Alphonse had Been waiting for Elia to at least talk to her before they leave, by now she should have been done, he and Ophelia have done their tests the only one left is Albert.

“That’s quite the big dream you have Ophelia”

“Of course it is as a daughter of a ducal house I must set my aspirations high”

The girl proudly stated, that as the daughter of a Duke and future queen she wanted to have accomplishments under her name and not just be a wife of the king but be the king’s wife and at the same time hold various other impressive titles in addition to being queen, her ideas of being queen were based on the assumption that Alphonse will be chosen as king.

“I suppose it’s befitting of your status to be ambitious”

The prince off-handedly commented and caused her to frown, she did not like that he simply attributed her goal to be a noble's ambition, marking her as a somewhat shallow person who values nothing but status, of course, the prince did not mean it such a way but how a person interprets what you spoke is not up to you.

“What do you mean by that, Alphonse?”

There was a slight hiss in her voice a clear indicator that she was not pleased by his response.

“I meant nothing by it, it’s good that you have great goals set for yourself”

He was rather confused,  why she was suddenly miffed at him, the girl was moody but he had dealt with her long enough to navigate what to say, but then again he wasn’t paying her any attention but no matter she will calm down eventually.

His eyes shifted from Ophelia to The rest of the waiting room and took a sweep of everyone trying the person he was interested in the most, he tried to locate Elia but to no avail, he had taken his test and was done with it but he still didn’t see her anywhere, as a prince he didn’t have to wait at all he simply was guided to the room, in fact, All nobles were prioritized so why was she taking so long.

“you're looking for someone?”

She followed his eyes to where he was staring but he wasn’t staring at anyone, in particular, he just broke eye contact with her, Ophelia looked around for anything that might catch the prince’s eye enough for him to ignore her but there was nothing, there were more than a few eyes on them from the people in the room but that’s to be expected.

“No, just Albert is taking a little longer than I expected I’m getting impatient”

“a great king needs to be patient to be able to rule effectively”

She quipped causing the Prince to roll his eyes, the words she said were spoken to him and his brother by his father, The king personally takes care of his son’s education as he believes he is the most suited for the job. This annoyed Alphonse a little bit.

“So I’ve heard”

He responded, unfortunately for the prince  Elia had long since left the Academy and was currently on her way home so his waiting is for Naught.

………….

“Young master please  stop!”

Shouted a man dressed in knightly armor as he Navigated the busy streets of the capital trying as politely as possible not to bump into anyone, unfortunately for him his act of being polite was hindering him from catching up to his young master that seemed to not care for anyone and pushed the people aside causing them to fall on their knees however others made an effort to get out of the way in time.

“Hahahah STOP ME IF YOU CAN!!”

The jovial young teen shouted as he pushed people aside and causing them to fall, they were the ones in his way so all they had to do was get out of his way, his natural Strength made it seem like he was pushing aside tree branches on his path, he effortlessly pushes them aside as if they were nuisances.

The knight that had shouted for him to stop had to stop and apologize individually to the people the young man knocked over, but he had no time to help them up so he had to just bow his head.

“I’m terribly sorry, please forgive him, I apologize deeply”

These were some of the words he said each time he bowed his head.

“Damn boy Causing trouble again.”

“It’s a shame the Porthouse family had to have such an Heir”

“I pity the head of the family, he is  such a great man too”

“Indeed, I heard he fell sick this past winter, it seems his body is quite weak as of late “

Random comments from the peasants were heard by the knight as he Chased his young master and on any day of the week he would scold the commoners for their lack of respect towards the young master but he knew what they were saying was true the young mast was too rowdy he had yet to be ready to lead a house and with the way, things were going the head might die little early, the best he could do is guide the young master in a straight path even if it won’t be as straight as he wants it to be.

Charlie  Porthouse the only Son of Marquis  Porthouse, Charlie’s full name  Charleonious Areous Porthouse but he prefers to be called Charlie, Charlie is a tall 13-year-old with auburn-colored short hair, he had caramel-colored eyes, and a fairly handsome face, he was often found with a smile on his face and was generally always in a good mood not unless you insult him of course.

Charlie was born with two gifts, his body was quite sturdy and thick-skinned as such he never suffered many injuries, He was quite the tough baby, his second gift was strength he was born with a rather abnormal level of strength being able to lift a wooden chair at one-month-old.

His father had quickly noted that the boy was born to be a warrior and so from a young age Charlie was trained in the ways of warriors, fighting techniques, and various hunting methods now at age 13 he was quite stronger than an adult and had the durability of armor made out of zinc, while he may still get pierced by a sword in a brawl he was as tough as nails.

Thanks to these gifts Charlie became quite confident in himself and believed himself to be stronger than everyone else but right now he might have to rethink that.

He blinked at the girl in front of him,  he was in disbelief. He felt a slight pain on his forehead, this isn’t the first time he felt pain but it’s the first time he felt pain from bumping into someone plus he bumped into someone and was the one who fell back on his butt, in any situation where bumps into someone whether intentionally or by accident it always the other party that hits the floor not him.

“Watch where you’re going”

The girl spared him a glance and instructed before she carried on leaving him there in his disbelief,  he would have commented if he wasn’t so shocked at what just happened.

Elia had just left the Academy and was now walking the streets of the capital, the capital was somewhat busy but not so busy that it was difficult to walk. She could have  cast invisibility on herself and flew over but she didn’t know if there were people capable of detecting  That or not plus there were many mages in the capital best not to risk anything so she decided to walk instead

After a couple of minutes of walking, she was about to go past an intersection, she was mid-way through passing it when some guy crashed onto her, this crash caused her to stagger a bit she was unharmed and simply gave him a warning before she moved on.

Charlie sat there in a daze for quite an Awestruck by what just happened, most adults don’t have the strength to stop him when he gets moving, only the veteran Knights and warriors can do that yet a girl that looks younger than him was able to make him fall on his ass.

“Young master are you alright”

The voice pulled him out of his stupor and made him regain his senses.

“Yes I’m fine, I just slipped”

He stood up and dusted himself while responding to his Knight, most nobles would most likely have thrown a fit and demanded compensation for the dirtied clothing but it was his fault, to begin with so he didn’t say anything about it.

“This is why you have to be careful young master, what if you hit your head, did you know people can die if they hit the back of their head on the ground so when you fall you have to make sure to protect it with your hands, even if you don’t die the damage could be very…."

“Yes I  know Morris, I also know my way home, so why don’t you go home I’ll meet you there”

Charlie responded to his knight/butler/nagger/know it all/annoyance. Morris was a very well-educated man as such he knew a lot of little facts and knowledge and he was the one in charge of Charlie and Charlie had the misfortune to hear him talk.

“I can never do that young master this world is Dangerous and it is my sworn duty to keep you safe from its dangers, I must always be ready and by your side  whenever and wherever you are so you have to listen to me  when I tell you something okay, listen to the adult because they have more experience than you and have more wisdom, I don’t want to say knowledge because knowledge and wisdom are different things a person  maybe be knowledgeable but lack wisdom  and the vice versa is true as well, that is why no matter how smart you are as a child you need to heed the advice of your elder  (especially me, my advice is great) as such….”

“let’s  go to the library”

Charlie offered, the man wasn’t going to stop talking anytime soon so  a distraction was in order, Morris who was babbling on with his finger raised as if giving a lecture immediately shut up and responded.

“As you wish” 

 Cutting off his train of thought and immediately responded to his young master and quickly took the lead towards the library.

--_______________--

A/N: sup guys how have you been? Hope you enjoy the chapter.

138