Born different
4.6k 12 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doctor carefully checked the unconscious man's pulse and ran his hand over his chest for a couple of seconds before he stopped.

An instructor was knocked unconscious by one of the examinees and he was quickly called here to check, The Mages didn't seem flabbergasted by the event and we're currently discussing what to do about it amongst themselves.

Plus there weren't that many people present just one of the instructors and the mages, and the two examinees so there wasn't much of a commotion.

The doctor found no problems with the man that lay on the floor, The magic circuit that sent magic to his brain from his heart was blocked, this must have been the reason the man fell unconscious, however, to do this, one needs to first stop the flow of magic from the heart. this means that the attacker needs to temper with the heart and disrupt the flow of magic then quickly strike the circuit to block any continuous flow.

With the heart core continuously generating magic, simply striking the circuit doesn't do much, you can block it but it takes milliseconds before the flow continues again not enough to knock someone out, to knock a person out, you must first disrupt the heart then strike the circuits.

He turned to look towards the culprit, Aside from her peculiar skin she seem to be a normal girl but anyone who has enough pinpoint accuracy to be able to block the flow of a person's magic was no ordinary person.

This is because to know where the exact location of the magic circuitry, she needed incredible magical perception and extensive training to be able to cut them or block the flow of magic power.

 The Training to do what Elia just did requires one to be able to sense or see another person's magic circuits, The only way to see a person's magic circuits is to cut them open and dig through their flesh until you find a thin glowing string, doctors often need to do this when a warrior or mage damages their circuits, it's very difficult and requires steady hands, Sensing the circuits is pretty difficult as well, not to mention tempering with a delicate thing like the heart or heartcore. A child was able to do it, he was more impressed than Suprised, her future was bright with that kind of talent.

The doctor stood up, and the man on the floor was alright he didn't need any more attention, the blocked circuits should return to normal in a couple of minutes. 

He walked towards the desk the mages were at and informed them that their instructor was alright no lasting damage and nothing life-threatening.

"I see thank you, doctor, we'll have someone carry him somewhere to rest."

One of the mages who wore a black hat and blue robes stated to which the doctor nodded and left, leaving the mages to discuss whatever happens next. The other two mages wore similar robes as well the only difference was that their hats were different colors one purple and the other red.

Different mages of different tiers wore different colored hats. There were 8 tiers in the mage rankings the highest being 8th-tier, mages of the highest tier wears black hats followed by purple then red, orange, blue, green, yellow, and white with white being the lowest.

"Phew!! I thought she killed him" 

"Yeah, we can't have students killing teachers the academy's reputation would be at stake. So what do we do about her, she's too skilled for A class"

"But there aren't any warrior classes higher than A-class  plus,  she also applied for the Mage class as well"

"Wait she's both skilled at magic and combat?"

"Well, the word-copy  paper says she has an affinity for both wind and Lighting so we should test her magic as well."

The Mage with a red hat spoke, word-copy paper is a type of magic tool made of paper that allows written letters and words to be copied to another paper nearby, the paper needs to be magically connected for it to work, Plus their range is about 1km from each other.

"In terms of warrior- class, what she  did is something a child can't do, so she's pretty skilled but I can't speak of her magic skills" 

The mages spoke Rather calmly as if what just happened was normal, they have seen many Surprising things as such  they were able to reign in their emotions.

The mages didn't believe the girl could have cheated afterall how could she cheat, the entire Area was layered with sensory spells to detect any third-party interference, They'll need to interrogate the instructor to see if he knew her beforehand and staged this

"Okay so she's in A-class  as a warrior but  should we determine magic power"

"Yes I believe so, however, we'll use one of those test dummies just to be safe"

"Very well"

...................

The Silver-haired girl Remilia Benretti, who was scheduled to go back to the waiting room after her test was done, stood by the door and stared daggers at Elia. 

She is the daughter of the Benretti family a knight household, her family specializes in warrior training and she began her training at age six.

Of course, she didn't think she was the strongest but she never thought she'd witness a Saxonwold being better than her in combat, the Saxonwold wasn't even a knight house anymore.

The girl walked towards Elia who was sitting on the chairs that lined up against the walls waiting to hear the final verdicts from the mages.

When her father told her she would be going to the academy, she Initially refused and thought it was ridiculous for her to go to school again however since Harold was insistent she agreed but asked if she attends both warrior and mage classes.

People attending both classes aren't rare,  that's because most mage students are encouraged to learn to defend themself against warriors and vice versa for warriors, the idea is not unheard but at the same time, only a few people do that.

"You cheated"

Elia who was minding her own business, heard a voice beside her, she contemplated whether to ignore the girl or not, it's not like they'll ever be friends.

"Prove it then" 

She responded to the girl, Elia figured the girl was gonna be fueled by the grudge her family has against Saxonwold and do anything to discredit the Saxonwold family's reputation, Elia normally wouldn't care but she felt it important that she doesn't disgrace her family name.

"I can't prove how but I know you cheated, your family is a family tricksters afterall so you cheated" 

Remilia spat, the scowl on her face told everything about how she felt, the girl wasn't willing to accept reality, she wasn't willing to accept that her skills were inferior to Elia's skill

"You know that's slander, you can't simply call my family cheaters without proof, that accusation is offensive I won't take kindly to it"

"I don't need proof to know what you are"

A vein popped on Elia's forehead, her brows lowered and she stood up and faced Remilia.

"I was prepared to ignore you but you're getting on my nerves girl, if you have a problem, I'll gladly solve it for you"

Being slightly taller than Elia, the girl, Remilia wasn't going to be intimidated and stood her ground.

"Yes I have a problem, A problem with your existence"

She grabbed the hilt of her sword putting her guard up.

"Well the weak tend to have a problem with the existence of the strong, so I don't blame you."

"I'm not weak, not weaker than you"

"Really? Then What would you call that pathetic display of swordsmanship"

Remilia wasn't having it anymore, it started as a mild annoyance but now it was full-blown anger, how dare this white sheet of paper insult her family's swordsmanship.

"Elia Saxonwold, please come to center stage once more"

Remilia was ready to cut her down right here right now but they were interrupted as she was about to pull her sword from its sheath.

"Later weakling"

"Grrr"

Elia's last comment caused her to grind her teeth.

"Just you wait I'll show you" 

She mumbled underneath her breath.

...............

Within a neatly decorated bedroom, a man that looked to be in his forties with blonde hair and bandages covering his eyes sat up straight on the bed. The door creaked open and a butler came in.

"Are you alright my lord?

Worriedly asked the elderly butler that came into the master's bedroom, and he carried a tray of food and a drink.

"Yes I'm alright, my eyes are bleeding and I'm in constant pain, but yeah I'm FINE"

The man answered sarcastically, he was sick of his butler asking the same question every day.

"Is it done?"

"Yes it has been extracted, you just need to drink it, but I suggest you eat first."

"Does it even matter, just give it to me"

The butler walked towards his master and handed him a cup that was filled with rainbow-colored liquid essence, the man quickly drank it all in one go. 

His aged look suddenly reverted, the wrinkles on his face slowly disappeared and he gained a youthful look, he looked no older than 20, and the pain in his eyes was gone.

"Haaah! Much better"

He used his hands and started undoing the bandages around his eyes.

"Master If I may ask, Why did you suddenly open your eyes, you were rather quite upset at the time So I didn't ask"

"A fair question, as you know thanks to the book I can no longer open my eyes, however Because of that I can see anything over wide range area like the entirety  of my Territory, what I saw was a glimpse of incredible power, I couldn't get a full picture of it because they were beyond my Territory but  the glimpse I saw was enough to tell me that whoever it was, they had massive amounts of magic enough to destroy the kingdom, It was simply to too shocking I couldn't help myself" 

He explained, that whatever or whoever it was, he wanted that type of power with which he could sustain himself indefinitely.

"I see, Then What should I do?" 

"For starters, we'll search the area I saw it at and see where we can go from there, if it's a person, it might have been and adventurers as such if we don't find any clues we'll go to the capital, my daughter left to attend the academy a while ago, so it won't be suspicious if we stay there for a long period."

"What about the ones below?" 

"Once I have it, whatever it is that I saw I won't need them but, send them to the coal mines, killing them would be a waste"

He instructed his butler, The Ogelmen can still be useful in the mines plus, he cannot just kill them as they might serve as reserves in case he burns out faster than normal 

"Very well my lord, I shall proceed as you said"

..............

Elia stood in front of a test dummy, it was a straw man tied to a pole, the strawman was covered with a defensive barrier and if she is capable of breaking it she was eligible for A-class as a mage.

The magic test was simple just like the previous test, she was instructed to showcase her best magic attack, and since she can't use fire or any other elements aside from lighting and wind 

She contemplated on which to use but she settled on the lighting, fire is her favorite element but lighting comes second.

The mages looked at the girl, with anticipation, usually, warriors can't output Magic because their circuits are closed-ended, but with a spirit's help, they can cast spells similar to a mage.

Elia raises her and points it toward the dummy.

"Snake lighting" 

She said before, a streak of blue lightning arced off her arm and danced as the lightning crackled,

The lightning shot out of her arm and slithered in the air as it took the form of a snake. The snake lightning Sped towards its target before colliding with the barrier, Elia put more power into her attack and the Lightning broke through the barrier and obliterated the dummy into nothing but charred remains.

"Incredible!" 

The mages contained their surprise but could not help but utter a word of amazement, the girl was amazing both skilled in combat and magic.

When a person is born, they either have a warrior build or a mage build, a warrior build is already explained by having close-ended magic circuits and not being able to absorb magic the natural way as such they need to eat food with high levels of mana.

A Mage build is having opened-ended circuits but not having strong bodies, mages often have weak hearts that don't allow them to physically strain themselves too much, they can still learn basic hand-to-hand combat but they can't get more than the above-average in terms of physical skill. Nobody knows why this is the case but they've accepted it as the rule of the world.

however, Elia seems to be breaking that rule as if it doesn't apply to him, as if she was born Different.

................

A/N: hope you like the chapter.

 

163