10- Glimpses
217 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Calista sat with Rune and Wish in the rented room she and Wish were sharing. The fae had purchased her own clothing and armor to Calista’s surprise and Wish was now enjoying a book on her bed.

“So since I’ll need to eat more with my new spell I bought this to get some ideas,” Calista sat beside Rune with the recipe book.

“That’s smart,” he remarked.

“I thought so, too,” Calista said as she opened the book. She flipped through, then picked a recipe. After skimming the page’s contents she frowned.  “Too bad we have to bake this one.”

“Really?” Rune asked. “It does sound good.”

“It does. There are a few here that seem nice and simple from when I was flipping through earlier,” Calista said.

“Like what?”

“Here.” Calista stopped on a separate page. “See? This one is a mix of several nuts, seeds and a few kinds of berries. A little bit of salt and this one is a little trail ration of sorts.”

Rune nodded. “You should mark the ones we can make easy,” he suggested.

Calista nodded. “Good idea.” She grabbed a pencil and marked a check beside the trail rations mix. “I also wanted a list of herbs and berries that are edible without needing to be cooked in some way. This book has that, too.”

Rune frowned. He looked from the page to Calista. “Is something bad going to happen again?”

Calista shook her head. “That’s why we have this book. To keep bad things from happening to me when I get too tired.” When Rune didn’t respond she glanced sidelong at the half-dragon. He wore his concern plainly on his face. “I’m alright, Rune. I promise.” She patted his hand.

“It was scary,” he finally said. “You just…went to sleep. And you slept for a long time.”

Calista shivered. She not only heard the fear in Rune’s voice, but she felt it as though she were channeling his emotions. She let down the mental wall then she was hit by a barrage of thoughts. It was scary! We didn’t know what to do! We didn’t know if the fae hurt you! I was scared! I didn’t want to lose you!

Calista frowned. She touched Rune’s hand. “I’m sorry. I never wanted to worry any of you.” She looked into his eyes. When she realized he was flustered she offered a warm smile.

“I-I know,” he stammered.

Her touch is soft. She’s so sweet.

“Why don’t you pick something out of one of the cookbooks and I’ll make it as an apology?” Calista suggested.

Rune shook his head. “You don’t have to do that.”

“I insist,” Calista said. “I’ll make us something good.”

Rune sighed, then nodded. “Alright.”

“Something sweet?” Calista asked. Rune nodded. Calista perused the book for a few moments. After flipping the pages several times she stopped. “Oh, this will be fun.”

Rune looked at the recipe for sweet biscuits. “It sounds good.”

“I’ll make these tonight, then,” Calista said. She shivered when she heard another thought from Rune. Instead of his voice in her head as though he were speaking she saw flashes of images.

With icing on her fingers, Rune lifted her and placed her on the counter. He licked and suckled the frosting from her fingertips. The half-dragon’s deft tongue sent shivers and warmth through her. Her hand trailed down Rune’s abdomen. She gasped realizing he was already erect. Rune stopped servicing her fingers. He slipped her panties off then unfastened his slacks. Calista moaned. Her fingers found Rune’s muddled, dark hair. He pulled her against him, then she wrapped her legs around him. Her fingers and toes curled, grabbing at Rune’s hair or clawing his back. She writhed and moaned as the burly man pulled her down repeatedly. He penetrated her deeply each time, grunting and groaning himself. She was lost in the daze of the flashing moments. Calista was psychically, then physically aware of an orgasm. She suppressed a whimper and her face became flushed. Then she felt the telltale deluge of his seed inside her.

Calista snapped back from the fantasy. She huffed. Her face was red and warm from embarrassment and the psychic pleasure. She stole a glance at Rune. He appeared slightly embarrassed as well. She quickly stood and hurried out the door.

“Where are you going?” Rune asked, confused.

“To ask about using the tavern’s kitchen,” she called back.

“Ah.” Rune nodded. He picked up the book, then leafed through the pages.

Wish looked up from her reading. She snickered. “Watching the results of my magic has proven more fun than I expected.”

“Hmm?” Rune glanced at the fae.

“Oh, nothing. Keep looking for good food,” the fae said nonchalantly.

Rune nodded. “Good idea.” He smiled, shook the sexual fantasy from his mind, then he continued perusing the book once more.

7