2. PLANET DEMIS
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, my story is not perfect and there might be a lot of loopholes. HAHA!

"Squad 11 -  Narin Winters, speaking. We will be arriving at planet unknown within half an hour. Everyone and everything had already been prepared for this expedition. I will send a report anytime soon." 

Everyone in the operation room busily watches the young woman on the big screen as they listened. However, this video was from a few days ago. And they had lost contact with this squad after they entered the unknown planet. 

They had been trying to contact them since then. Fearing that something had happened, the higher-ups immediately mobilize reinforcement for them.

Even to this day, squad 11 did not respond to their call. Reports on the situation about squad 11 were sent via a signal in an unknown smartwatch which was apparently owned by the squad Leader Narin Winters herself.

However, all these reports weren't received on the same day Narin Winters had sent them. They received them after a day or two had passed. 

The video reflected Narin's battered figure. Tired and filled with fatigue, what's behind her greatly shocked them. The background is blazing. Dead bodies are piling and scattered around, but the Captain sat at those corpses while holding her bleeding head. 

"This Narin Winters, reporting. Day 1 after arriving at planet Demis. We were caught at an encirclement. They seemed to know we were coming." 

"Our covert mission backlashes at the sight of a huge army waiting for us. The land of demons, Demis - Kingdom of Hound." 

Everyone's faces hardened. Not only because of the dangerous situation but also because of this unfamiliar planet. It was out of their expectation. 

"This is Winters. Day 2 after arriving at Demis. We've fought our way out. But we have nowhere to run. Nowhere to escape. I've been contacting HQ using my magnetic smartwatch but I cannot reach them. We...Squad 11 desperately needed reinforcements." 

On day 2, Narin's face grew thinner. She looked haggard and obviously had lost some sleep. Her bloodshot eyes stared at the screen silent. 

"The day continues and the casualties grew even more." Narin looked down as if defeated. Anyone within the room could hear the explosions, the unit's battle cry, and the growls of monsters in the background. 

When Narin looked up again, there were thin threads of black veins visible on her skin, and creeping into her face. Her eyes looked clear but the slight frown and intentionally clenched jaw clearly stated she was in pain.

They saw her unleashing her spirit (combat) form, though those veins slowly subsided, it was still very visible in the naked eye. It was as if Narin's skin is cracking into pieces. 

"Demonic energy...is poisonous to the normal human body. Everyone is infected. But we are trying our best to cleanse each other using our spirit energy. We are persisting, doing everything we could to make each other alive." 

Narin stared at the screen in silence, bitterness rippling beneath her eyes, and helplessness started to emerge in that stern face. 

"I don't want to think like this...Are we abandoned? No, you won't. You won't do that. That's not the kind of person you are. The people I know in there wouldn't think of abandoning their people. Or was I wrong?" 

Narin was talking to someone. Everyone knew who she was talking to at first. She knew that person will be watching this. That they'll be watching her. 

"I know you would send reinforcement. I'm sure that. I'll wait for it."

The recording then went black but before that, they saw a demon rushing toward squad 11's direction and heard a loud bang.

"Demons..." 

Before the video went out, they saw the demon's appearance which wasn't that much different from a human race. The only distinctive feature that differentiate them was their horns and the color of their eyeballs. 

However, there was someone who stood out the most, it was a demon with large wings. 

"Day 3 at Demis..." 

Everyone's gazes were glued to the figure on the big screen. They all felt the pang in their hearts. If Narin is that gravely injured, they could imagine the injuries the others received. 

"I had sent all the data regarding this planet. Everything you need to know."

Narin pauses and catches her breath. before continuing to speak while gently caressing someone's head. 

"There...there were only a few of us left. I don't think we can hold on much longer. But we will continue to persevere." 

'Even in this damned situation, there might be hope.'

Right? 

The screen showed Narin gently staring at the person's head she's caressing. She laughed as tears started to fall from her face while hugging the person beside her. 

That's when the people in the operating room realize something. Some of them covered their mouths while the others bang their fist on the table. 

They know they were in a bad situation and it was wishful thinking that everyone should be okay. They cannot accept it.  The only thing they could do right now was prayed for their safety and for the reinforcement to arrive early. 

"Hahahaha. How foolish. How weak." 

Narin cried weakly. The person that was being hugged was already dead. 

It was Adari, a sweet, caring, and loveable young woman. And also Narin's best friend. 

"Captain..." 

There were also sounds of crying and sounds of despair made by the other squadmates. They could also hear someone kicking or punching a wall. 

"They are on the move, Captain." 

Narin gently laid down the body of Adari and wiped her face with the back of her hand. 

"While we were out there, the others should find another place to hide. We will follow you soon."

And just like that, the video was cut off.

0