Chapter 5 – Who Is Jill?
537 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

December, 2014

"Three survived the initial seating. Two survived initial start up procedures, and only the last one survived full boot up. If only we could have let him live for a while longer, and seen how he adapted." Tandy said as she poured through the data.

"Too dangerous.  We got the data we needed. That means the setup is sound, but we don't have enough clinical data to make that final conclusion. Did we get anything from the download?" Aya asked as she worked through the procedures.

"All worked for the same group. We have enough to pin down the location and acquire more specimens." Tandy turned the monitor on and looked at her through the camera.

"Baby." Aya lifted her eyes and looked into the eye of the camera.

"I'm working on the skeletal upgrades necessary to rebuild your body. Cloning won't work for limbs, but I will still need to grow some marrow to put inside the titanium bones, or porous reserve tubes." Aya said.

"I know you're working hard, baby. I'm not complaining. However, we're missing something important. Uploading." Aya came to a stop.

"You mean uploading information. Into a host. Oh." Her eyes narrowed. "If I could write some loyalty protocols, and use conditioning programs to override the natural inclination of an enemy, we can start to build our forces." Tandy smiled.

"Yes, baby. If we get the interface complete, and have chips that are modular, replaceable, and up-gradable, we can create loyalty programs, team dynamics, rewards, and build our forces up secretly. We can create combat programs, and virtual training centers." Tandy looked at the computer. "Computer, bring up exterior camera 21."

The scene on the monitor changed. Aya frowned, but became interested in what she saw. A gang of girls, rough, homeless, extremely thin and unhealthy, were outside of her base right now.

"Using drugs to sedate, assimilate, and nurture these girls, you could start experimenting, and building up our forces. You wouldn't need to expose yourself when you're still physically weak." Aya looked at Tandy.

"Yes, I know you would do that, but I'm also worried you'll experiment on yourself, and upgrade your own body before the systems are refined enough to do that." Tandy explained her thoughts, and Aya had to agree with her, but she kept her path quiet for now.

"Regardless of whether we use them, or the specimens on our list, I need equipment that can do the work with more precision. I can't stop partway through, like I did on number three." Tandy said. Aya pursed her lips.

"Which means you'll need a fully functional operating theater, with completely computerized controls."  Aya said in a subdued tone.

"Do we have the funds for that?" Tandy asked. Aya sighed.

"Fine. I'll take a camera around our base so you can see the source of our income." Aya rolled her eyes. "You are being too persistent all of a sudden."

"It's not sudden! I've wanted to see the outside for a while! I know you don't want to make me upset." Tandy said gently.

"That's not it." Aya said, then sighed. She had to bite the bullet eventually, and show Tandy all the things she missed while she was incapacitated. She pressed a button. "Jill, come in. The doctor would like to see the outside world." Tandy frowned slightly.

"Who in the hell is Jill?"

 

* * *

 

Tandy watched as a woman walked into the lab, and her appearance made Tandy start to panic. She was tall, muscular, busty and curvy, but instead of the blonde hair Tandy once had, she had wavy nut brown hair. She was also quite pretty, with gentle expressive eyes, and full plump lips.

"Hello, Doctor Tandy." The woman said with a soft smile. "The boss has been holed up in the lab for such a long time, we feared she might never come out." Tandy started to calm at Jill's introductory words.

"You still don't trust me, after all this time." Aya said softly.

"Baby!" Tandy said with a bit of a whine.

"Boss, she's been in a vat for over two years. She has a right to be a bit fearful." Jill said gently.

"Bullshit!" Aya said angrily. "I went through hell to bring her back to life! I need her!"

"Baby, calm down." Tandy's voice spoke, and she was calm and soothing again. Aya stopped immediately, and her stoic smooth emotionless face, the mask she wore so easily, started to crack.

"Doctor, she's been under a large amount of pressure. Your lifeless body. Her grandfather turned on her. She can't visit her mother or sister. She has no one to rely on, other then the few of us she's picked up, and rescued." Jill said gently. "If she didn't have us to hug her once in a while, she would lose the little stability you grant her." Tandy sighed softly.

"I see the truth, but it doesn't hurt any less, Jill. She's my baby. I've always known it would be us someday. Then this shit happened, and I can't fucking move!" Tandy growled through the speaker.

"Calm, Doctor. The system isn't fully tested for stress yet. Your stability and calmness keeps the system functioning. Remember, all this tech is experimental." Jill smiled gently again. "Now, the reason you want to see the outside is not to see the outside world. You stayed in your labs for years without leaving. I imagine it is so you don't worry?" Tandy nodded slowly.

"I suspected as much." Jill's features were kind, and gentle, which is why Aya was attracted to her in the first place. "So that you can rest easy, do you know of the Revenant Hotel?" Tandy frowned.

"Top of the line, high end, extremely pricey hotel for wealthy people, and celebrities, to go where they won't be bothered. Security is top notch. Food is considered the best within the city. Even some less savory characters will come here to eat, just so they can do so in safety." Jill smiled.

"Six years ago, this was a shell of a business. Five years ago, a buyer came in, revamped the place, and built in security measures that no one could bypass. The computer systems reverse hacked the ones who attempted to break in, and uploaded their data, including their crimes. The smart stayed away, while others learned lessons. As a result, the owner made a nice fortune. How she earned the money to buy was through a series of online trading accounts, which earned her enough to purchase, renovate, and create the security systems." Jill shrugged. "As well as install a fully outfitted laboratory, operating theater, all on one entire floor of the hotel." Tandy's face twitched a little.

"I see. And how did you become involved with my baby?" She asked, although a lot more calmly then when Aya first mentioned Jill's name.

"I was attacked outside of the hotel. Beaten nearly to death." Jill lifted her wig and turned around. The scars were still visible along the back of her smooth head. She put the wig back on, and turned back around. "Titanium alloy, with silicon insulation, replaced the C1 and C2 vertebrae. Right now, my spine is outfitted with the connections necessary to easily install the interface when it's stable." Jill smiled and shivered.

"I can't wait to jack into you, doctor. The boss says there are some interesting things that can be done inside the space."

 

24