Chapter 8 – Initiate Integration
421 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Ports exposed. Now I know why you insisted on using a silicon cover here." Tandy said.

"Just silicon plugs. The holes are meant to close up once the configuration is finalized in each unit, and only need minor surgery to replace any chips." Aya said as the computers moved the braces in place.

"Alignment fixture in place." The computer said.

"Screw in anchors." Aya said. Tandy grimaced as the screws pierced her skin, but Aya didn't flinch.

"Fixture anchored. Calibrated to ports."

"Remove silicon plugs." Aya said. The robot hands pulled at each plug. "Place plug cover aside, in disinfection solution. Prepare to align and seat enhancement and communication chips D." Tandy looked at the readings.

"All readings normal. Nothing out of the ordinary." Tandy said and flipped through more graphs. "Calm down, baby. Your blood pressure is a bit elevated. There. Better."

"Computer, initiate installation procedures." Aya said. Her head was firmly fixed to the medical holster, an arm that had her on a stretcher, but looked similar to a massage table with the head opening. Her shoulders, and neck were also immobilized.

"Chip D inserted into fixture. Alignment complete. Installation ready to commence."

"Install the chip." The fixture's alignment and depth screws slowly turned, while Tandy watched the readings, and the micro-circuitry chip slide through the opening in Aya's skin.

"Enhancement parent chip D installed. Communication parent chip D ready to install."

"Initiate and install Communication chip D." Aya said. The fixture rotated ten degrees along the Z axis of her neck, a new chip was loaded into the fixture, and it slid through the second opening.

"Communication parent chip installed."

"Initiate child enhancement and communication chips." Tandy took a slow calming breath. Each successful installation made her happy, but so far, they've only ever installed one chip into the interface.

"Enhancement piggyback chip ready. Communication piggyback chip ready."

"Begin installation of child chips." This process would not have started if the original two were not successful. Automatically, the fixture moved eight degrees in reverse, loaded another circuit chip, and slid it into the parent port slot. The two chips mated together, and formed a new complete circuit.

"Enhancement circuit complete." The next chip slid through the opening ten degrees ahead. "Communication circuit complete. Memory enhancement circuits initialized. It is recommended to not install additional circuits at this time. Until previous circuits are activated, and optimized, it may place an unnecessary strain on the interface." Aya stayed quiet for a minute.

"Opinions, doctor?" Tandy pursed her lips.

"Professionally speaking, I concur. Personally speaking, I am terrified right now. I didn't think you would do four fucking chips! I thought maybe one! When were you going to tell me they were two part circuits?" Tandy growled.

"These are advanced circuit chips, but at best, they are only semi advanced. Our technology will grow in the next few years. Each circuit will be able to be replaced with more advanced units using the stasis model." Aya grimaced. "I didn't want to worry you with 'what if' type scenarios."

"But that also means that now you have to endure the initial startup of four individual chips!" Tandy said angrily.

"I know. I'm ready because I have you." Aya smiled, then giggled. "And if you weren't in that vat, you would already try to knock me out, which would cause some trauma to the area." Tandy growled.

"Computer, monitor the chips and all brain activity. If there are any complications, abort chip start up procedures." Tandy said angrily.

"Affirmative, doctor. Initiating startup procedures for which chip? Enhancement will increase processing speeds, while communications will allow access to additional data." Tandy remained silent for a minute.

"Enhancement. She doesn't need access to data. She needs the ability to endure the additional load on her brain, and the interface." Tandy said quietly.

"Agreed. Beginning startup procedures for the parent enhancement chip. Circuit activity verified. All tests verify that the chip is seated properly. Powering up the parent chip." Aya stayed still. "Parent chip active. Modest increase in brain activity. No anomalies."

"Initiate startup procedures for child enhancement chip, and integrate into parent." Tandy said. She read from a guide on her monitor.

"Chip detected, powered up, tested, verified. Chip integrated. No anomalies detected. Brain activity has increased, but no red line loads detected." Tandy took a deep breath.

"Are you meditating, baby?"

"Yes. Your method to calm the mind. I can think faster, but I would prefer to keep calm until the chips are fully functional. I will slowly begin to use them, and make them my own over the next few months." Aya said. "Can we continue? This fixture is making me stiff and uncomfortable."

Tandy closed her eyes for a minute, then opened them again. She looked at the data again, and the output readings.

"Computer, verify data."

"Confirmed. Enhancement chip functioning properly. Communication chip at stand by."

"Computer, initiate tests for start up procedure. Proceed with caution." Tandy watched for any changes.

"Parent communication chip tested. Verified."

"Computer, initiate start up of parent chip." Tandy was like a hawk, while one eye kept tabs on the readings, the other watched Aya's face for additional stressors.

"Start up initiated. Parent communication chip powered up. Tested. Verified. Chip online. Minimal additional activity."

"Initiate start up for child communication chip."

"Initiating start up for child chip. Testing. Verified. Chip online. Chip integrated." Tandy took a slow breath again.

"Baby, how do you feel?"

"Odd. A little detached. Sensory echoes. Adjusting." Aya closed her eyes. "Accessing. Server online. Information at the ready. Checking data for chips. Processing. No anomalies. Doctor, release the fixture once operational tests are complete. I will be in diagnostic mode, and the readings will be at your disposal."

"You're going to sleep?" Tandy asked, a little surprised.

"I know, but I am tired. I've pushed myself a little too much recently, all to achieve this milestone. If I don't sleep, outside of medically induced hibernation," Tandy grinned at the terminology choice. "I could collapse. I also want to see how the dream state is affected, and if the construct is available during sleep mode."

"Understood. I'll remain awake, and set the computer for an alarm should anything occur. Just in case I also fall asleep." Aya grinned.

"Unlikely, but I won't complain when you can join me in the construct, Tandy. Not one bit." She sighed. "Computer, initiate testing, and proceed into diagnostic mode after testing is complete."

"Initiating tests on interface, and subject."

 

20