Chapter 8 – Obliviate
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weeks passed, and the school term was upon us. I stood in front of the door to Tom's quarters, waiting patiently as he did up the buttons on my shirt. Right now, the Hogwarts Express was probably pulling into Hogsmeade station. 

The past few weeks had all been the same routine. Tom had stayed at Hogwarts, carrying out his business from his quarters and occasionally leaving to do unknown things outside the castle, leaving me to roam the school, usually choosing to sit by the lake or hang out in the abandoned library. 

Sometimes I would go up to Gryffindor Tower; sometimes having a sad chat with the Fat Lady, other times just hanging out by myself in the common room, going up to the dormitories and laying in Fred's four-poster, burying my face in the pillows and covering myself in the blankets, though I didn't know why I was doing it. 

But when Tom was here, he usually spent most of his time fucking me. Even when he was discussing his business with his Death Eaters, he'd have me on my knees in front of him. He'd been really into the pain kink lately, meaning that I now had several scars across my chest, the latest of which were in rough heart shapes, as per my request. 

I was also most definitely pregnant. I had been vomiting non-stop for the past week every morning, but Tom always made sure to press another goblet of seductive liquid into my hands after I'd staggered from the bathroom, weak and shivering. 

Tom finished buttoning my shirt and tucked it into my very short skirt. The pink clouds vibrated as his fingers traced over my hips, his scarlet eyes fixated beneath the hem of my skirt. He reached up, tightening my tie, and pulled my school cloak tight around me, fingers lingering on the scarlet and gold 'Head Girl' badge now gleaming beside my Quidditch Captain one. 

"It will be very useful to have a student, of such great influence over the younger ones, completely under my control." Tom had told me with a smirk when he'd first presented the badge to me. 

And at that, the pink clouds had flickered grey again. I'd never wanted to be Head Girl. In fact, I had had nightmares about it as a preteen. 

"There. Perfect." Tom said smoothly, standing back and taking me in. "You look excellent, Daisy... hmm. Maybe I should have a little fun with you before the students arrive..." 

But a knock came on the door, and a voice outside called, "The students have arrived into the Entrance Hall, My Lord." 

Tom sighed irritably. "Fine." He raised his voice. "Take them all into the Great Hall and proceed with the Sorting. It is the most mundane thing to sit through, I do not care if Daisy misses it." 

"Right away, My Lord." I heard scurrying footsteps echoing away from the door, and I turned to Tom. 

"You wanted to have fun with me before I go?" 

Tom smirked at my eagerness. "There is no time. You must go now. Go and sit with your fellow Gryffindors, lead the younger students to your Tower and show them to their dormitories. You are to return here before curfew." 

"Yes, Tommy." I said, curtseying slightly, before making for the door. Tom held it open for me, and I could feel his red eyes boring into me from behind as I made my way down the corridor. 

I reached the Entrance Hall in a few minutes, listening to the applause for someone getting sorted into Ravenclaw. I strode towards the doors, pushing them open and stepping inside. 

Immediately, the Great Hall fell into a shocked hush. Everyone's faces were turned towards me; people's eyes were wide, their mouths hanging open, their expressions confused and horrified. 

Then the whispering started as I walked towards the Gryffindor table. 

"Is that DAISY POTTER?" 

"What is she doing here?" 

"Did she get kidnapped by Snape?" 

"No, I heard she got kidnapped by Felix Malfoy." 

"She's being held here by You-Know-Who! Sure, rumour has it he lives here, now." 

"I don't believe that -" 

"It's true! I heard McGonagall and Sprout talking about it." 

"Why the hell is she wearing a Head Girl badge?" 

"Why's she dressed like that?" 

"Daisy Potter never has her shirt tucked in or her top button buttoned; there's something wrong with her..." 

"Do you think she's under the love potion again...?" 

I sat down in between Kylie and Louis Barnock and opposite Ginny, Seamus, and Neville. They all stared at me, their mouths agape. I glanced around; Lavender, Parvati, and Colin were leaning over towards me, eyes wide. 

"Now that the Sorting has concluded," Snape's drawling voice sounded from the top of the Hall, but I did not look around; instead I glanced around at my fellow students, many of whom were still staring right back at me, "we shall go over the changes to the staff and curriculum. As you all know, I am now the Headmaster of this school, and I have made alterations to the structure here." 

As Snape droned on, my eyes swept the Slytherin table; Draco, Shannon, and Pansy's eyes all looked back into mine fearfully. Blaise Zabini and Theo Nott were craning their necks to stare at me too, their faces curious. Floppy was sitting nearby them, picking at his nails, a weirdly saddened expression on his face. 

My eyes slid past the Hufflepuff table, where Suzanne was biting her lip in concern, to the Ravenclaw table, where Terry and Luna were both gazing at me, Terry with the most bizarre mix of fear and relief. His eyes slid down my body, taking in my neat tie and buttoned shirt, and the Head Girl badge on my chest, and the fear visibly took over the relief on his face. 

"... Professor Alecto Carrow will be teaching Muggle Studies, which is now compulsory for all students." Snape continued. 

"Why?" Kylie muttered beside me. 

"And Professor Amycus Carrow will be teaching Dark Arts, a new and improved subject derived from Defence Against the Dark Arts." 

Immediately, there was an uproar among the students. People started yelling; some started throwing things up at the lectern. Terry, Shannon, Kylie, Ginny, Louis, and Draco all stood up, shouting obscenities at Snape. I looked around frantically; something inside me was telling me I should be doing this too, it was natural for me - I placed my hands on the table in front of me, and raised myself up off the bench - 

"SILENCE!" Snape roared, pointing his wand up into the air. The hall quietened, though it wasn't willingly; he'd cast a Silencing Charm on us all. "I am well aware that many of you do not appreciate the Dark Arts. But you will all take this class, and you will learn valuable skills. That will be all." 

Snape swept back to his Headmaster's seat. The plates in front of us all filled with food, and we all pulled them towards us, choosing what we wanted. 

"Daisy..." Kylie turned to me, her eyes full of concern. "Is that really you? Are you in there?" 

"Yeah, I'm in here." I said. 

"Are you... are you under a love potion?" She asked hesitantly. 

I chewed on a pizza slice. "Does it matter?" 

"Yes, Daze, it matters!" Kylie exclaimed, setting her goblet back down on the table harshly. 

"Are you?" Ginny demanded from across the table, leaning forward. "Are you under a love potion, Daisy?" 

Looking down at my lap, I paused, then nodded. "But I love him." I said quietly, looking back up at her. 

Ginny's face was full of disgust. "No, you don't, Daze." 

"I really do." I pleaded softly, leaning towards her too. I needed her to understand. "Ginny, I -" 

"He's Voldemort! He wants to take over the country, he wants to get you pregnant so that he can control you and the baby and use you both to further his goals!" Kylie exploded beside me, and I winced as I turned to her. "He killed your parents, Daze!" 

The pink clouds, which had been laying dormant since Tom was nowhere near me, suddenly went grey. Yeah... yeah, Tom had killed my parents. He'd murdered them... 

And I let him inside my body. I'd let him use me... 

"I'm already pregnant." I whispered, purely to get away from the topic of my parents. 

Kylie immediately buried her face in her hands; Ginny looked revolted; Seamus and Neville's eyes widened, their faces paling; Louis reached out compulsively and grabbed my hand, squeezing it. 

"Don't worry. We'll help you get rid of it." Louis said comfortingly, rubbing his thumb along my skin. 

But I recoiled. "N-no... I don't want to get rid of it." 

"Daisy, for fuck sake -" Kylie said in a strangled tone. 

"You have to get rid of it!" Neville interrupted, his shining face red. "You don't want to be carrying You-Know-Who's baby!" 

"I really do, Neville." I told him firmly. 

"Think about it." Seamus said, leaning in. "He's evil, right? And he wants to put a baby in you, the Chosen One. Do you really think that's a good idea? You really think he has your best interests at heart here, Daisy?" 

The food vanished from the plates; it was my cue to leave. 

I stood up. "First years over here, please!" 

I saw the others exchange glances below me. 

"Daisy doesn't act like this... she's never wanted to be Head Girl." Kylie told the others darkly. 

I ignored her, striding forward with the first year Gryffindors behind me. They were all clearly gossiping about me; their hands were over their mouths as they whispered to each other. I saw out of the corner of my eye several people fighting through the crowds now streaming out of the Great Hall towards me. 

"Softpaw!" 

"Daisy-flower!" 

"DAZE!" 

I was told to take the first years straight up, no mention of stopping to chat, so I ignored the calls as I strode forward with purpose. I kept my distance by keeping the group of first years in between us, and this worked all the way up to the Fat Lady. I explained how she worked, and guided them all through into the common room. 

"So this is our common room." I told the first years. "You can hang out here after classes and on weekends. You're not supposed to bring friends from other Houses here, but no one checks and a lot of us do it anyway. Boys, your dorms are on the second floor up there," I pointed at the boys' staircase, "and girls, your dorms are on the second floor up THERE." I pointed in turn at the girls.' "Any questions?" 

A small boy raised his hand. 

"Yeah?" 

"Are you under a love potion by You-Know-Who?" He asked. 

"Godric fucking damn it, why does everyone keep asking me that?" I muttered, turning on my heel and pushing open the portrait hole again. 

Almost immediately, I was accosted by Terry, Draco, Suzanne, and Shannon, all of whom's hands grabbed me and yanked me out of the portrait hole. I was dragged down the corridor, yelping and struggling, until I was thrown unceremoniously onto a windowsill around the corner. 

"Jesus fucking Christ, guys." I said. "What the hell?" 

"You need to listen to us." Terry bent down close to my face, his own face pale so that his freckles stood out in contrast. "I'm serious, Softpaw, shut up and listen." 

Draco shuffled on his feet beside him; Suzanne and Shannon were leaning against the wall, watching anxiously. 

"Kylie told me that you told her that you're pregnant." Terry said. "Is that true?" 

"I guess -" 

"Well, I have a potion that induces miscarriage, so you can take it rather than an anti-fetus potion, and he'll never suspect a thing - no, Softpaw, we're doing it and that's final. We made sure to bring a fuckton with us, because I knew this was going to happen. I also brought these -" Terry produced a packet of tiny pills from inside his robes, and I cocked my head at him. "They're contraceptive pills. I'm going to give you one every day. I'll sneak it into your drink so you won't even notice. And..." 

Terry glanced up at Draco. Draco nodded, glancing at me with a grim smile. 

"And I'll have to Obliviate you after I give you this potion, Softpaw, because if he looks in your head and sees this..." 

"Terry's been practising; he's the best." Draco said reassuringly. 

"Seriously, Daze, you need this." Suzanne crouched beside me, her big blue eyes gazing up at me in worry. "You can't be pregnant with V-Voldemort's baby." 

"Don't worry; we'll take care of you." Shannon said, reaching out and taking my hand. "I promise." 

I glanced at all four of them. They were all looking at me with such concern, such love in their eyes. And even though I really, really wanted to have Tom's baby, even though I really wanted this baby that was inside me, even though I wanted to give birth to it and raise it... I nodded, and let Terry pour the contents of a steaming vial into my mouth. 

I swallowed and winced as I felt the burning sensation in my stomach. Draco took my other hand, squeezing hard as Terry pointed his wand at my face, his hand shaking. 

"Obliviate..."

0