Chapter 11 – Daisy’s Marrying (You-Know-)Who?
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Terry's POV* 

"I mean, guys, she's in pretty deep." I said across the Gryffindor table. "I don't know if we can -" 

"We have to try!" Draco cut me off, his face furious. "She's down there every night, getting - getting -" 

"- Sexually assaulted by actual Voldemort." Kylie nodded, her face screwed up in disgust. 

"But I did see something weird in her memories." I lowered my voice. Ginny, Louis, Shannon, Suzanne, and Colin all leaned in, intrigued, as Draco and Kylie sat back, faces apprehensive. "Guys... I think Riddle has feelings for her. Not love, obviously - I don't think he's even capable of that. But, I think he is at least getting fond of her. Like you would your favourite pet, y'know." 

"Eurgh." Ginny said, her nose wrinkled. 

"That's really creepy." Louis commented, his eyes wide. 

"Yeah, a pet that you fuck and get off on torturing." Kylie rolled her eyes. 

"It's more in the sense that he doesn't view her as fully human, or an equal." I said. "I mean, I know she's not technically fully human, but you know what I mean. She's not equal to him, she's like a pet, she's beneath him but he still feels fondness for her." 

"But why?" Draco queried. 

I shrugged. "Who knows?" 

"How d'you know he feels that way towards her?" Colin asked. 

"It's just in his mannerisms." I said. "He listens to her requests sometimes, like cuddling and drawing hearts on her skin with knives instead of just normal cuts - yeah, baby, I know it's gross, no need to retch over my toast - and doesn't want anyone else to hurt her; he got really pissed off at Carrow and Floppy for torturing her and injuring her." 

I paused, thinking back as the group winced and looked like they were holding back vomit. 

"He also thinks she's 'beautiful,' which is not something he says about just anything, trust me. And he's really possessive of her. Kept reminding her that she's 'his' and telling her that he can fuck her 'better' than anyone else..." 

"Bit weird." Colin said. 

"Yeah, man." I shuddered. "But I think we can play that to our advantage. If -" 

"Shh, shh -" Suzanne hissed, flapping her hands at us, and we all fell silent. Daisy was approaching the table, and we all eyed her as she beamed at us, dropping onto the bench in between me and Draco. 

"Hey, everyone!" Daisy said brightly, pulling a plate of toast towards her. 

Exchanging a glance with Draco and Ginny, I pushed a goblet containing pumpkin juice and a crushed up contraceptive pill towards her; Daisy took a huge sip without argument. 

"Why are you so cheerful today?" I said, eyeing her. Daisy's demeanour was quite concerning; she'd just been tortured for several hours yesterday, and had been kept in Riddle's quarters all day afterwards. Surely she shouldn't be so happy? 

"Because..." Daisy said with the air of somebody about to drop an atomic bomb. "Look!" 

She stretched out her left hand suddenly, and waggled her fingers at us. Draco gasped loudly; Kylie jerked back as if someone had slapped her across the face; Louis swore; I felt as if a huge brick had dropped into the pit of my stomach. 

"Is... is that a..." I asked weakly. 

"Yeah, it's an engagement ring! Tom and I are getting married!" Daisy squealed, and she giggled in a very girly way. Ginny reached out for Daisy's arm convulsively, looking distraught. 

"Er - congratulations?" Shannon said hesitantly, and Suzanne gave her a look. "What? We've got to play along, she'll fall out with us if we don't -" 

"You and Riddle," I said, my voice shaky, my eyes on my best friend, "are getting married?" 

Daisy's smile couldn't be wider. "Yes! You're all invited, of course! It'll be here, in the Great Hall, I think - I'd have to check with Tom." 

And there was another girly giggle. Daisy hummed to herself as she took a bite of toast, her eyes unfocused as she gazed across the Hall towards the double doors, her head undoubtably full of wedding plans already. 

I stood up, my legs shaking. My stare couldn't move from her. Her jet black curly hair, her gorgeous moss-green eyes, her cute chubby cheeks... she didn't deserve this... My heart panged, and I took a step back from the table, my eyes welling up. 

"Softpaw, NO." I said forcefully. 

Daisy looked up at me in surprise. Draco, Kylie, and Ginny also looked around. 

"NO." I repeated, reminding myself slightly of someone reprimanding their dog. "Softpaw, don't you dare. Listen to me. You know this is wrong." 

"Hopper, what are you -" 

"I'm serious, you're not consenting to this, it's sick." I took another step back from her, throwing my arms up. "How can you not see this! How can you -" 

"Terry, she's not in her right mind." Kylie said loudly. "Of course she can't -" 

"What is wrong with you all?" Daisy's bottom lip wobbled, and my heart panged again. "Why can't you all be happy for me? I'm your friend and I'm getting married... thank you, Shannon, for being the only real friend here!" 

And with that, Daisy burst into tears, leapt up from her seat, and ran out of the Hall. 

"Great going, Terry." Ginny grumbled. 

"Jesus Christ, guys, if you'd just been nice to her." Shannon glared at us. "We have to get her to trust us, remember?" 

"I'm sorry." I collapsed back down on my seat, burying my face in my hands. "I just... she's my best friend, and he's..." 

There was a silence on the other side of my hands. I knew everyone was thinking the same as me; how are we going to stop Daisy from getting married to Lord fucking Voldemort? 

~~~ 

The first class of the day was Muggle Studies, and I fully expected to not see Daisy there, expected her to have run off to Riddle's quarters; but she was up near the front of the classroom, in between Ernie and Susan. I sat beside Draco and Kylie, and whispered urgently to them as the class filed in. 

"I can't fucking believe he's that disgusting!" 

"I can." Draco said, his face just as pale as this morning. "I absolutely can." 

"I mean, I know, but still! Why Riddle has to fucking MARRY her is beyond me. What he could possibly gain out of that -" 

"Hang on." Kylie said. "He could gain something out of it. Ron told me that Daisy had told him that Riddle was going to use an Unbreakable Vow on her last year, when he was planning on marrying her." 

"Oh." I blinked. "OH. Really?" 

Kylie nodded. I felt the brick in my stomach sink even further. 

"If he does that, then if she ever goes to divorce him... she'll die." I said. "Not only that... it depends on the wording of the vows as well. What if it's something like, 'I promise to love you for all of eternity'?" 

Draco shuddered; I felt my heart pound even faster at the thought of it. 

"Well, we'll just have to make sure Daisy doesn't marry him, won't we?" Kylie said. 

"How -" I whispered, but Blaise Zabini, Seamus, Pansy, and Lavender had turned from various seats around us. 

"Daisy's marrying who?" Seamus said incredulously. 

"In the middle of the war? Can't Fred wait?" Lavender giggled. 

"Don't be an idiot; he's talking about You-Know-Who." Zabini said shrewdly as Lavender glared at him. "Aren't you?" 

I nodded; Draco said, "Unfortunately so, Blaise." 

Zabini nudged Theodore Nott; Neville and Parvati looked around too. All of them watched us, waiting for more information. 

"Daisy showed us all an engagement ring at breakfast." I told them all. "She told us Riddle had proposed to her and that they're going to get married here, in the Great Hall." 

"When?" Zabini asked immediately as Neville, Pansy, and Parvati gasped. 

"I dunno, actually, I didn't even think to ask -" 

"Quieten down, imbeciles!" Alecto Carrow strode into the room, wand out. "Today we will be learning a lot. Get your books and quills out, and take notes." 

The class reluctantly took parchment and ink out from our bags, and my eyes narrowed as I saw Floppy and the Three Douchebags gleefully scrawl down the name of the class onto their parchment. 

"Now; there is a lot to learn about Muggles." The female Carrow rasped. "Plenty of you have been taught the opposite of what I am going to teach you; you are going to have to forget this and move on with my way of teaching. You have been led astray from the reality of Muggles in Wizarding Britain." 

"Have we really?" I muttered sarcastically to Draco. 

"Muggles are not the lovable, adorable little things you all think they are." Alecto leered, eyes moving over each of us. "In fact, Muggles drove us into hiding by being vicious towards us. But now," her eyes glinted, "now, dear children, the natural order is being restored." 

I caught sight of Daisy across the classroom; her fists were clenched and her eyes were flashing. Oh no... oh no, please, Daisy, not again... 

"Muggles," Alecto continued, a nasty tone to her voice now, "are like animals; stupid and dirty -" 

"Nah, like you, you mean." 

Daisy's trembling but defiant voice spoke from the front. Alecto cut herself off, turning to face the glaring green-eyed girl. 

"What did you just say?" Alecto said slowly. 

"I said that you're stupid and dirty, like an animal." Daisy's jaw jutted out, reminding me forcefully of a stubborn kid, and I stifled a laugh behind my sleeve. 

"That's a detention for you, Potter." Alecto glared back at Daisy, and my laughter quickly turned to terror as I realised what that meant. Shit. 

~~~ 

All through Transfiguration, Kylie tried her best to reason with Daisy, only to receive cold replies in response. Draco then tried his best in Potions, only to be met with excited wedding plans about her dress and how the decorations were going to look. And all throughout Charms, while I tried to tell Daisy how she's not herself and how this isn't consensual in any way, she ignored me and scrolled through Pinterest looking at quirky ceremony ideas. 

I wanted to puke. 

"By the way, Softpaw, when are you - when are you two planning on -?" 

"October sometime." Daisy responded promptly. "I think he said he wants it on the thirty-first. Ohh, maybe we'll have a Halloween theme!" 

But Halloween wasn't the first thing that came to MY mind. Instead, I was horribly reminded of the fact that that was the date Riddle had killed Daisy's parents... 

"Seriously, babe, I don't know what to do anymore." I murmured into Draco's neck later, in the Room of Requirement. "We had a whole plan to break her out of the love potion, but now he's going to force her to marry him..." 

"We'll use what you said to our advantage." Draco told me firmly, tracing his fingers up and down my arm. "Riddle's getting attached to her, there's bound to be some way we can leverage that." 

"I'm not sure I can figure out -" 

"I'M sure." Draco said. "You're the smartest wizard I know. Seriously. You amaze me every day." 

"No, I'm not." I rolled my eyes, but a little smile twitched at the corners of my mouth. 

"You are!" Draco insisted, lowering his face to kiss my cheek. I squirmed, laughing quietly. "You so are! You learned Obliviate perfectly with only a month's notice... you're practising your Legilimency so well that you can actually look into people's minds now... I know basically no one that can do that." 

"You must do." I sighed, stifling a grin as Draco's lips moved across my face. 

"I don't." Draco said. "Stop underestimating yourself. You're the best at everything... EVERYTHING..." 

I made a satisfied noise as Draco's lips covered mine; his cool lips moved against mine slow at first, then faster as I climbed into his lap, grabbing at his body. His tongue licked into my mouth; I tilted my head, and Draco groaned this time, grabbing me, pulling me closer, making me rock against his hips. 

I moaned into his mouth as I felt him harden underneath me. Draco made a noise kind of like a whimper; his fingertips dug into me - I swore into his mouth as I felt myself straining against my trousers, reaching down to unbuckle; Draco slid his hands down and fumbled with his own buckle, barely restraining himself from bucking his hips up into me - I moaned loudly as our bare skin came into contact, rubbing against each other, feeling so good - 

"Er... guys?" 

I swore again but in a different context; leaping off of Draco, I tugged my trousers up and hopped towards the mirror that lay on the coffee table. 

The Room of Requirement was in its usual state of cross-House-community-room - the one that the Insurgents had created last year. Luckily the Carrows hadn't found it, or else I'm sure they would have banned anyone from going into it. The only exception to its usual casual self was the collection of stuff that we'd taken from Daisy's backpack at Grimmauld Place: the dragon ornament that showed your best memories, her Ultimate Tag trophy from first year that was shaped like her, the 'Daisy Potter, Rescue Mission' badge from the Ministry, and the mirror that Sirius had given her as a present for Christmas one year. We had hoped that showing Daisy some of these would make her remember better times, and help break her out of the love potion. 

And now, the mirror was speaking. Fred, George, Harry, and Sirius were all looking at me through it, and I grabbed it, dropping back into the seat beside Draco (who had swiftly tugged up his boxers). 

"Hey, guys." I said nervously. 

"We didn't see anything." George said hastily. 

"Only heard it." Fred added. 

"Shut the fuck up." I told him as Draco went bright red and my cheeks flushed. 

"How is Daisy?" Sirius said urgently, and Harry leaned in. 

"Er -" I glanced at Draco. "You - you might want to be sitting down for this." 

And so I, with the help of my boyfriend, told them everything that had happened since we'd last talked last night. The four steadily grew paler and paler, and Fred and Harry looked like they were either going to vomit or kill something. 

"I'm going to kill that fucking piece of shit." Harry growled, and I gave myself an inward thumbs up. 

"Not if I don't get to him first." Sirius snarled. 

But the one person I expected to be speaking up right now was silent. 

"Red?" I said. 

Fred was gritting his teeth. All colour was gone from his face. "I'll be right back." 

And we all watched, puzzled, as Fred got up and left the room. A moment later, we all heard a giant CRASH and a furious yell, followed by more crashing. 

"Fair enough." I shrugged, and the others all nodded in agreement.

0