Chapter 33 – Escape For Real This Time
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I kept the thought of Fred in my head like a glowing talisman as I pushed open the door and crept down the hall. His grinning face, the cheeky twinkle in his eyes, his messy red hair, all pushed my determination such that I reached the Entrance Hall with no obstacles. 

But the giant double doors had been shut; obviously so, as it seemed to be the middle of the night, and I supposed that Snape wouldn't want a repeat of the Support Daisy Potter party. I took a deep breath, raising my right hand; whiling up the feeling of anger and trapping it in my chest, I harnessed it and felt the power flowing towards my fingertips. 

The double doors swung open casually. I felt the breeze from outside hit my face and beamed to myself; that was so easy it was almost laughable. Tom really thought that I wouldn't use my Grace to help me escape? Seriously, what did he think would happen? 

I looked around tentatively. It was silent, so quiet that it was a bit unnerving. It was all seeming too easy. Were there not meant to be Slytherins patrolling, or teachers? Why hadn't Tom came back to discover me gone yet? 

But there were no running footsteps, no shouts of warning, and I turned back towards the wide-open doors. I descended the steps towards the courtyard, and, with a last furtive glance around, made a break for the bridge. I sprinted along the concrete, the sound of my bare feet slapping the ground echoing faintly, my heart pounding. It seemed to take forever to reach the end of the bridge, and as my feet landed on grass at the end, I nearly jumped out of my skin. 

Five shadows had been moving towards the bridge but halted just as I did. I backed away slowly, reaching for my Grace inside me, but before I could summon any self defence magic to my hands, one of the figures leaned forward and said in a disbelieving voice, "Softpaw?" 

"L-Lumos!" Another said, and a wand-tip lit up. I stared back at the five in a similar fashion of disbelief. George had leaned forward; Terry's wand was lit; Harry's mouth was agape, and Sirius was beaming. 

And Fred's eyes were wide and shining in the light, his lips parted. His warm brown eyes were familiar and inviting, and my heart melted. 

"Freddie..." I breathed, taking a step forward. 

"Princess..." Fred's voice cracked. 

A huge swoop of emotion rushed into my chest, and I ran forward, throwing my arms around him. Fred's hands landed on me and his lips enveloped mine, moving against mine passionately. I teetered on my tip-toes, straining to reach him as I hooked my arms around his neck, kissing him as my heart soared. 

"I love you, baby..." Fred whispered against my lips. "I've thought about kissing you every day since you've been gone." 

A wave of guilt washed over the emotion already in my chest, but I shook it away. I'd deal with what I'd done with Riddle later, when we were all out of danger. 

"I love you..." I pecked Fred's lips, "I love you, I love you..." 

"Alright, guys, c'mon." Harry's groan made me break away from Fred, blushing slightly. 

"Leave them be, they're lovebirds." Sirius told my twin, grinning. 

"Aw, don't get jealous, I love you too Harry!" I grinned, reaching out for him. I wrapped my arms tight around him, and my brother hugged back just as hard, burying his face in my shoulder. 

"My turn!" Terry collapsed into my arms the second I let go of Harry, squeezing me tight to him. The emotions from hugging my loved ones were making my eyes well up, and I spent a few more comforting moments wrapped in Terry's arms, breathing in his homely scent, then broke free, wiping at my face hurriedly. 

"I'm glad you're okay, sweetheart." Sirius hugged me briefly, smiling down at me with an understanding nod as he let go, and I smiled back in relief. Thanks, Sirius. At least you understand that too much physical affection in emotional moments makes me cry. 

"Hey." A voice behind me made me jump again. "Don't I get a hug?" 

I turned. George was standing with his arms out, a silly grin on his face, and for some reason my heart soared again. I stepped forward, letting him envelope me in his arms as I clung on tight to him. I could hear, almost feel his heart beating right next to mine, in tune with mine... I looked up into his eyes, and they gazed back, soft and intense all at once, and he was lowering his face slowly, looking down at my lips and back up again... 

"Later!" Fred hissed right next to us, and I jumped yet again. I glanced around; Terry, Harry, and Sirius had their wands all lit now and were observing their surroundings, and Fred was glaring at us. 

I stepped out of George's arms and wrapped my own arms around myself, ignoring my flaming cheeks. "How'd you guys even get in here, anyway? There're guards, and wards -" 

"We took Felix!" George said brightly. 

Instantly, I thought of Floppy, and my face crumpled. It felt like a huge brick had just dropped into my stomach. Fortunately, it didn't seem as if anyone had noticed my sudden change in demeanour. 

"Y'know, the lucky potion!" George said, taking an empty phial out of his pocket and holding it up cheerily. "The gates had been left open for us, we've met no resistance on the way here, and you've escaped from Voldy's room, it's all coming together so perfectly!" 

"Wait... you've all taken it?" I asked. The boys all nodded. "So everyone's taken it. Except me." 

And right on cue, shouts echoed down from the wide-open double doors. A light turned on in the Entrance Hall, and thundering footfall sounded immediately after. 

"Shit." I said. "Run!" 

Fred and George each took one of my hands, and the three others extinguished their lights. We all whirled about, Harry and Terry leading the way down the front lawn as Sirius urged us on. We sprinted on past Hagrid's empty hut, sitting dark and uninhabited, picking up speed as we fled towards the school gates. 

And suddenly, a sharp hex slammed into my back, sending me flying forward. Fred and George's hands were ripped out of mine by the sheer force, and I sprawled out on the ground, narrowly avoiding hitting my forehead on a small rock in the grass. I heard a couple of yells, and I pushed myself up again, staggering slightly. 

Tom, the Carrows, and two other Death Eaters had just caught up to us. Alecto's lit wand-tip was held high over her head, and Amycus had his pointed straight at me. 

"Permission to kill the Order freaks, My Lord?" Amycus growled. 

"Granted." Tom inclined his head, his dark eyes glued on me. Amycus's face twisted in an evil grin. 

"No!" I yelled, stepping in front of Harry and Sirius. "Don't you dare!" 

"Out of the way, Potter." Amycus said roughly, thrusting his wand out. I stood my ground, sticking my chin out defiantly. 

"Daisy, no -" 

"Leave this to me, Amycus." Tom stepped forward, his wand raised. "My beautiful wife," he smirked as I saw Fred stiffen out of the corner of my eye, "come back with me, and none of your little friends will be harmed." 

"Fat fucking chance." I spat, shifting on my feet, ready to fight. "You'll kill them all as soon as I step away." 

"I thought we were getting along so well these past few weeks, Daisy." Tom said, a mocking, fake sad tone in his voice. "Don't you remember all those nights I -" 

"Yeah, sure, that was before I came to my senses and remembered that you'd murder everyone I loved on the spot if given the chance!" I raised my voice. "Your little tricks and manipulation won't work on me while I still love my friends, my family, and... and Freddie!" 

Tom's eyes widened, and they flicked from me to Fred and back. "You still love him? After all of this?" 

"Yes!" I yelled, my hands now glowing bright white, lighting up our surroundings much more powerfully than Alecto's wand. "Yes, and I always will, no matter what!" 

Tom's face twisted in fury. He raised his wand, spoke the curse before I even had time to react, and I was suddenly on the grass twisting and screaming and writhing in pain. It was worse than anything I'd ever felt before; the curse mixed with pure fury and hatred wracking through my body, electrifying every nerve and slicing open every muscle underneath my skin. 

And flashes of light, green and red and orange, streaked above my head as my vision blurred with tears. Over my screams, I could hear curses and jinxes being yelled from both my side and from the Death Eaters as Riddle continued to torture me. 

Then it stopped. I rolled over, laying limp on the ground, my whole body aching. Riddle stepped closer to me, smirking. 

"Let us try that again, Mrs Riddle. You love me, and you are going to come back to my quarters, suck my cock, and bring me breakfast in the morning wearing nothing but your school tie. Are you not?" 

I glared up at him through my frazzled hair. His arrogant, smug fucking face was pissing me the fuck off. He thinks he can force me to agree to that and beg on my knees for forgiveness just from the Cruciatus Curse... well, he CAN'T. 

"I am NOT." I spat. Riddle's smirk disappeared, and he raised his wand again. 

"Crucio!" 

"NO!" 

I blinked in shock. Fred had dived in front of me, and was now writhing and yelling on the grass before me. His own Death Eater laying incapacitated on the ground, the others were each now battling their own, and I was free to stagger up, my eyes wide as Fred's fingers dug into the ground, his face twisted in pain. 

Riddle's eyes were glinting nastily, and a pleased little smile was dancing at the corners of his mouth as he looked down at Fred, yelling and jerking. He lifted his wand away, and the redhead stumbled to his feet, his wand back in his hand, glaring determinedly at Riddle. 

"Don't fucking touch her." Fred growled. 

Riddle laughed coldly. "Do you really think you can take me, Weasley?" 

"I don't care how powerful you are, if you fucking touch her, I'll kill you -" 

"She is mine, you blood traitor brat." Riddle's eyes gleamed red. "All mine. You know, she sucked my cock just this evening." 

Fred's eyes widened, a wild rage flashing in them. He raised his wand, his hand shaking. Riddle simply laughed at him tauntingly. 

"She has been taking my cock for weeks. And she has been enjoying it. She even let me release into her." 

"Release - release into - what?" Fred laughed wildly, his features lit up by a savage rage. "You - you fucking piece of -" 

Riddle laughed again, his irritatingly cocky smirk back on his face. 

"Stop laughing, you - you fucking -" Fred's voice was reaching a crescendo, and I could tell he was about to do something insanely stupid. "You - you - you -" 

"She is my wife, Weasley. And she loves me. Amortentia does not work on her anymore." 

"Stop lying!" 

"She is mine... she will never be yours, little blood traitor boy..." 

"You - fucking -" Fred's voice broke out into a strained, savage yell. "AVADA KEDAVRA!" 

My breath caught in my throat; but Riddle seemed to be expecting this - he stepped to the side swiftly, and the jet of green light disappeared into the darkness beyond. He raised his own wand again, opening his mouth, but I shook myself out of my stupor, raising my hand. 

"Hurt him, and you'll regret it." I said darkly, my chest heaving as I panted. Something was spiralling in the light emitting from my palm; as my eyes connected with Riddle's, the something grew larger and divided. Giant jagged shards of glass emerged from my skin, gliding out into the air between us. 

"Why, my love, are you really going to injure your husband?" Riddle whispered, and I heard him clear as day through the yells of the others. "You love me..." 

"I - don't - fucking - LOVE YOU!" I yelled, and the white light suddenly expanded, nearly blinding me; the shards of glass flew forward and disappeared through the light, to the other side, through to Riddle and the Death Eaters. At the same time, I felt my feathery wings burst out of the cotton shirt on my back, wrapping around my shoulders, and I spun around to my friends. 

"Everyone grab onto me!" I shouted. Somehow I knew what I was doing. Somewhere inside me, I knew I could carry them all. 

And so my wings swept powerfully over the grounds as Fred, George, Terry, Harry, and Sirius all held onto my limbs, dangling dangerously from me high in the air. I propelled us forward over the gates, and the second we were over the boundary, I felt Fred twist us in mid-air. 

And we were gone.

0