Chapter 9
761 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[]

Time flew by at a fast rate that the changes ignored at the beginning became more wider and clearer. 

The Government issued a lockdown and went to ask the military for help after they got hold of the situation. 

It was a prickle and many panicked, though many knew that this would happen soon in the future, facing the troubles now was far from beyond acception. 

During the few months that flipped by, the world dramatically changed. 

Cities became a ghost town with every buildings on ruin and glasses broken. Blood even splattered everywhere and food was very scarce, what's more to say that the hygiene had dropped down and parasitic creatures began popping up. 

Countries almost added up as wastelands. 

In a deserted rode filled with cracks and bleak, a human being scrolled across while wiping away her tear filled eyes. 

She was thin and her clothes were in shambles and filled with holes, her body reeked of dirt and she was unable to showcase her former beauty before the apocalypse started. 

Once, she was a young lady of a prominent family but now, she was nothing. Only she had left was her scarred self walking lone on the apocalypse after her escaped of a fate she despises.

*growl* Yuki looked at her deflated stomach and couldn't help but laugh. She was not only thirsty, she was very hungry as well. 

She sluggishly moved towards a store near her range but there were no food left on the shelves, it was taken already. 

Disappointed, Yuki moved forward and brawled her eyes out. She was in despair.

Yuki wondered aimlessly, but her thoughts came to a halt when she noticed two silhouettes by the distance.

...

“Reo-kun, isn't it tiring to walk on a sunny day like this?”

“Bearable.”

“Reo-kun, please~”

Reo took one step at a time and the road behind him was pristine.

 Emelia pouted unhappily while following him from behind, she was troubled and upset that her husband did not bother to take a glance at her as he was busy with his work. 

This irritated the obsessive woman. 

“Reo-kun, it's too hot to be out on the sun just like this.” Emelia voiced, her little movements twirling her umbrella.

 Blinking her eyes innocently, Emelia urged the man.

“Its not too hot.” Reo said without batting an eye.

 He wiped his sweat dropping from his forehead to his cheeks with a towel and continued to do his job. 

Emelia gaped and was saddened. “But look at your sweat. I propose for you to take a rest, like, how about under my umbrella's shade?”

Reo paused his movements and finally looked back at Emelia. “Not until you finish the conditions.”

Emelia lowered her head. “Okay....but!”

“Isn't it brutal of you to leave your wife without any physical touch and mental solitude? Reo-kun, can you please spare even a hug~” 

“Emelia, please calm down. And I believe I have a say to punish you for ruining Earth's nature.” Reo quickly sidestepped and dodged Emelia's approach.

“It was bad already, why blame me for it.” Emelia pouted as she saw her approach being denied. “Though I've worsen it, can't you forgive this little wife of yours?”

Reo wiped his sweat again. 

How troublesome ah!

How can he say that he would have liked if they were a bit more intimate but he can't stay put upon seeing the world he was born into being destroyed like this.

Moreover...

[System out of maintenance. Will resume later in the future. (PS. After the apocalypse ends.)

System Notice: Everything proceeds to work like normal. However, System Spirit does not have any signal and wouldn't be able to answer anything. If any questions persist, please send a voice message.]

Reo got used to the system's nagging after it accompanied him on his lonely days. Even if it was very disturbing and annoying. But ever since Emelia appeared, it was very quiet and it seemed to be hiding from some...one?

Reo abruptly glanced at a broken pillar on the road upfront. 

A slim shadow hurriedly his behind that pillar. 

Emelia noticed the change on Reo's movements. She followed his line of sight and her grip on the umbrella handle became fierce.

“Reo, what are you looking at?” Emelia smiled. “I seemed to have seen a silhouette hide behind that corner, did you see her features, perhaps?” Emelia asked as she walked front. 

Reo lowered his head. “I seem to. But I don't know what it is.”

“Really?” Emelia was happy. 

But her happiness didn't last long when the figure popped themselves out of their cover and sheepishly glanced at them.

“Um...” Yuki propped herself nervously as she twisted her fingers in anxiety. 

She happened to see that the two's attires were strangely not a like how everyone's else's were in the apocalypse, and this brought her into contemplation. 

Especially the woman's clothing that was free if dirt and dust, her face was even plump and beautiful without any scars.

And the man...It reminded Yuki of the clean youths she saw on tv in the past, cool and handsome. But there was dirt on his face and he was carrying a bag of filthy things.

But carrying on, the woman was certainly rich and powerful. Being as wound free as she was today, she should be correct. 

So, there should be a higher probability that they have food. But, there was a low chance of getting one from them. 

This disturbed the girl further. “Um..”

“What?” Emelia turned around and showcased a lovely, innocent smile as she titled her head to question the poorly dressed young lady in front of her. 

Reo looked at the girl as well but he refrained from staring to ensure Emelia wouldn't break down and be angered once again.

“I… um …” Yuki did not know how she can state her purpose of getting food from them so she panicked. After looking around, she set her eyes upon the bag behind the man and stated simply, “It looks heavy, I...I can help.”

If the man can, she can do too.

Yuki then expected at least a reaction similar to pity or either a surprised outlook, however, the expression the woman had on was simply too indescribable!

Emelia was frozen and her smile twitched. Her ruby eyes glinted oddly as she caressed her umbrella's handle aggressively yet shifting to being gentle again.

11