Chapter 2 – Fighting the weak gang
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He’s the guy! That’s the guy that hit me!”

 

The previous drunken guy from the store has returned. He's not alone; he bought the support of a group with five other powerful men behind. It appears that the kick I gave him was enough to sober him up and for him to contact his group.

 

"Is this little pea the one who beat you? HAHA! No worries, this big brother will take care of him on my own."

 

Again, I despise those who look down their noses at me or who judge a book by its cover. I think these guys are in desperate need for a lesson. Nothing will happen to me even if I kill them here. The entire corporation is behind me, and the government is well aware of the catastrophe that will ensue if I were to leave.

 

“HAAAAAAA”

 

Although he launched a punch at me, I was able to effortlessly invade. After all the gruelling training I underwent to protect myself in the event that I don't have a bodyguard, these guys seem like child's play.

 

“Heh, you’re quick aren’t ya. Well, that was just a fluke, the next one won’t be that easy.”

 

He stated something, but I was able to easily infiltrate the following punch. It seemed to have finally irritate him now.

 

“DAMN YOU! STAND STILL WON’T YA?! YOU’RE JUST MAKING IT HARDER FOR YOURSELF IF YOU’RE INVADING!”

 

He eventually launched a series of attacks, and others behind him began to doubt if he could pull it off, making him so ashamed that his face went red as a tomato.

 

“STOP DODGING AND FIGHT ME PROPERLY IF YOU’RE A MAN!”

 

I almost burst out a laugh when I heard those remarks. He can’t even tell the difference in our power and begging me to go all out. He'll undoubtedly come to regret saying it.

 

After thinking about it, I punched him in the face so hard that he collided with a wall and passed out. His teammates behind him were also taken aback.

 

“Boss!”

 

“Damn you! EVERYONE ATTACK AT ONCE! BEAT HIM UNTIL HE’S DEAD!”

 

Another member of the gang took on the role of leader and gave orders to the others. I didn't realise it since I was distracted, but the guy I just beat up is believed to be the leader.

 

They all rushed up at the same time. Because I've been sitting in my office chair for so long that my muscles are starting to hurt, I believe this is a chance for me to stretch a bit.

 

“HAIIIIIYAAAA”

 

The first guy threw a kick, but I simply caught it and twisted it around. When it comes to fighting, I have an uncanny ability to dislocate people's bodies. I'm not sure if I should feel proud or not...

 

The second person had his arm dislocated as well, while the remainder were fortunate enough not to break any bones and simply passed out. Now that it’s just the drunken guy is left, I'm not sure what to do with him. After all, he's the one who's probably given me the most trouble, so breaking 5 or 10 bones wouldn't be too bad.

 

“STOP PLEASE!”

 

As I pondered what to do with the man, a scream erupted from behind me. I turned around to who it is and saw Yurika staring at me, horrified, with the kid's face hidden in her chest and crying.

 

For a minute, I forgot that the kids were there which is why I prolonged the battle in such a nasty manner. I would have handled it swiftly and neatly if I had known the kids were present. When I saw the mother sheltering her kid, my heart dropped... I felt like I have done something unforgiveable that made me no different from those guys.

 

“I… I’m sorry…”

 

While I was distracted, the drunken guy and his gang, who had awoken, took advantage of the situation and fled. Whatever, I'll simply rely on my network and deal with them afterwards. I need to concentrate right now on the issue in front of me.

 

“Just who are you… How can just one person deal with that many people at once?”

 

I was expecting her to ask something along those lines. Seeing the man, she randomly asked to accompany her home to be able to put up such a fight with so many people at once would obviously make the other party suspicious.

 

“Is that what you should really be asking? Look at your children.”

 

I said those to change the topic, but it was also essential since her children were trembling with terror and crying uncontrollably.

 

“Well, whose fault do you think it is.”

 

“!”

 

I could not deny her words and starts to sweat. It’s true it was my fault for showing such sight, so I need to take responsibility.

 

“U-umm hey. Since this place is smashed up already, don’t you need somewhere else to stay?”

 

The house's timber could hardly bear it after the confrontation with the gang, and some of it collapsed. When I initially arrived, this area was barely liveable, but it is now in an even more dire state.

 

“I don’t have anywhere else… Can’t you tell?”

 

“…”

 

So, I guess there isn't much of a choice. I already know she's impoverished from seeing her circumstances; I'm not even sure where she gets the money to buy her husband alcohol, but I'm not going to pry too much into it.

 

“…How about you stay at my place until you find somewhere else to go.”

 

“?!”

 

Those were not the words I expected to say. It felt as though somebody had compelled me to say it since it was so natural. My heart was racing for some reason as I awaited her response.

 

“Seriously? With you? No way! I don’t even know your name and it’s too dangerous especially what just happened. I can’t trust anyone…”

 

"Are you also going to make your child follow you? Take a look at your current situation. If this continues, you will be forced to sleep outside in the cold and surely, the kids won't find that comfortable."

 

“…”

 

As she fell silent, it appeared that I had hit the nail on the head. Of course, the majority of mothers would prioritise their children. Her thoughts turn to how unwell her children are right now, and how they will be forced to sleep outside in the cold.

 

"I'll take responsibility for starting a fight at your house because it was also my fault.  You don't have to trust me completely, but it's better to take the chance now than to let your child sleep outside, am I right?"

 

*Cough cough*

 

as her daughter began coughing at just the right time, causing the Yurika's face to turn pale and finally causing her to accept my proposition.

 

“Ok… Please look after us. But wait, I have to go grab something first."

 

She rose to her feet but fell again due to the injuries.

 

“Mama!”

 

"Don't move, Mama, I'll grab it for you!" 

 

Even though both of the children are sick, the boy appears to have a higher level of immunity, which is why he isn't as affected.

 

“Ah… I think it’s buried…”

 

“N-no!”

 

When the boy got up to retrieve what his mother was seeking for, he discovered it was buried beneath the rubble. It appeared to be an important item, as Yurika's face became white, and she looked as if she was about to pass out.

 

“Hahh… So troublesome. Where is it, I’ll help you find it.”

 

“A-ah thank you…”

 

I turned to face the boy after she thanked me. He gave me a dubious look, but he realised he couldn't be in a position to complain and direct me to the item.

 

"Mr., it should be under here somewhere" 

 

I started digging after he indicated someplace beneath the wood. After a time, it appears like I've finally discovered something. It had a rectangular wooden frame. It was dusty, so I tried to brush it off, only to discover something so unexpected that it caused my leg to lose its strength.

0