Chapter 38: Tempest gale
1.7k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed and Thalia was in her room looking out the window at the rising sun in Ohane. It was one of the most beautiful things ever seen. Though the beauty of the sun could not help Thalia. ‘Did he really forget about me, am I not as important as the others?’ Thalia thought to herself. She was wondering why Rin had not gone on a date with her.

When she came to the dining room, she saw Lilith and Hestia smiling. Lilith and Hestia had long ago asked what was wrong with her. They then tried to ask Rin about what he was doing. Though he quickly told them that he was waiting for a certain event on earth to take her to, but that it was going to be a week or two before he could take her to it. They understood and kept quiet even though it would make Thalia sad.

“Why are you two smiling?” She asked skeptically. They said nothing but looked behind her. Thalia was about to turn around but her waist was hugged by someone behind her. Before she acted out in fright she turned her head only two see a pair of different coloured eyes staring at her with love. “I am sorry for not taking you on your date earlier, I just wanted to make it perfect for you, but in the end it hurt you, please forgive me,” Rin said while bowing his head. Thalia then felt her heart warm up and realized that he was waiting for the perfect moment. ‘So he did not forget me but was trying to do his best for me, Oh my god, I love him’ Thalia thought to herself.

“It is ok, but you must only pay attention to me the whole date,” Thalia said. “When would I care about some side girls when I got all of you beauties as mine?” Rin said. Everyone there could only blush and smile warmly as they realized how he cared for them so much.

“Ok so where are we going?” Thalia said excitedly. Rin smiled looking at the bouncing Thalia. “We are going to a fall carnival,” Rin told her. Thalia then had stars in her eyes, as she was very excited to go to the carnival. Rin then made a portal to the parking lot of the carnival. 

They soon walked out only to see a kid on a tricycle just staring at them. Rin could only remember a certain movie about a family of superheroes. They quickly walked away and headed towards the entrance. Though Rin thought of something he wanted to do at the entrance. He then pulled out a bag of jolly ranchers from his pocket, and started to walk through the entrance. Thalia, a bit confused at Rin’s actions, did not care and walked next to him with an excited smile.

Rin on the other hand was quickly stopped by one of the guards. “I am sorry, but you cannot walk in with outside food and drinks,” he said. Rin only smiled and brought Thalia closer to him. Thalia blushed at how close he was but soon heard what he said “Go ahead without me and get ready to catch.”

He then walked back a bit, while Thalia nodded and kept walking. Rin then cocked his arm back and threw the bag of jolly ranchers. Thalia quickly turned around and caught it. The guard just stood there in shock. “There, I am not walking in with outside food or drinks now am I?” Rin said, smiling the whole time. Thalia on the other hand was laughing at how the guard was played.

They then went around going on many rides most of them being the scariest ones but Thalia seemed to love them. We would also get some of the delicious food and drinks. Though all this mainly led to Thalia throwing up heavily after a ride or two. After riding every ride, they decide to leave. Though they saw the same guard was still there and this raised a laugh from both of them. The guard could only hide his face in embarrassment for being played that hard.

They then opened a portal to Ohane. Though before inside, Rin held Thalia back. “What?” she asked. “I got a gift for you,” Rin said before pulling out a Golden spear with lightning symbols on the blade. Thalia was mesmerized by how beautiful the spear looked. She instinctively reached for it. Rin smiled and pulled up the stats of the spear and made the screen visible so Thalia could see it. Thalia then looked with wide eyes at such a powerful weapon.

>¤<

Tempest Gale: A weapon that harnesses the power of Lightning and Thunder

- Grows with the owner

- Can only be used by the owner

- All lightning abilities

- Allows owner to fly

- Allows the user to activate their magic

- User is immune to any lightning or thunder attack

- Constant damage - will continuously do damage after landing one single hit

- Will get new forms when the owner becomes stronger

>¤<

She could not speak as she saw how strong the spear was. Rin then threw the spear towards Thalia. When the spear was in her hands, lightning struck all around her and she felt a shock. She thought something went wrong but she soon felt like the spear was a part of herself. “It seems it has acknowledged you as its wielder,” Rin said. “What do you mean?” Thalia asked. “That spear chooses its owner and would not allow anyone other than its owner to touch it,” Rin told her. Thalia could only look at it even more entranced. She then runs towards Rin and hugs him tightly. “Thank you very much,” she said. ‘Maybe I should do that’ Thalia thought to herself. She quickly kissed him on the lips and ran away into the mansion as fast as she could. Rin could only smile as he could already guess who told her to do that.

Lilith was sitting on the couch before she suddenly sneezed. ‘Who is talking about me?’ she thought. ‘Maybe Rin’ she thought lovingly.

50