Chapter 41: Brink Of Death
1.6k 10 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- 15 seconds before Luke’s Suicide

 

Rin had been able to run up the mountain in around a minute, though he could have done it faster it would have led to the destruction of the mountain as it cannot handle such power.

When he did reach the top, he saw Luke pull out a dagger out of the space ring. Rin thought he was going to try and fight but he then saw Luke stab himself clean through. A dark aura soon exploded out of Rin.

>¤<

Shift initiating

>¤<

Rin’s hair was turning black and his eyes turning dark golden. HIs eyes filled with the intent to murder someone.

>¤<

Shift Complete

>¤<

Rin then saw the cyclops notice him but he did not care as he was a dead man either way. Rin vanished from his spot and appeared in front of the cyclops. He then threw a punch with all of his strength. The cyclops flew into the wall and was practically submerged into the wall. Though golden dust soon started to spill out showing that he had died.

Rin then runs towards Luke and quickly looks at the injuries on his body. Luke just looks at Rin and smiles. “Guess I acted too early huh?” Luke joked. At this time Thalia and Annabeth both entered only to see Luke on the ground with a dagger in his chest. Annabeth quickly hid in Thalia’s arms and started to cry. Thalia herself was on the verge of tears.

“Sorry you had to see me like this, but I was not letting them use me,” Luke told them. Luke once again smiles though this time with more sorrow in his eyes. “I enjoyed spending my time with both of you, you two were like my little sisters,” Luke said to Thalia and Annabeth. Annabeth could only cry and Thalia had finally started to let tears slip down her cheeks. Luke then looks at Rin. “You are the best friend a man can ask for, I always thought of you as my brother, you helped me see the good in the bad, helped me be brave and accept my feelings, and was there for me when I needed you, Thank you,” Luke said, grateful to have such a friend.

“Well you are an idiot thinking I would let a friend die,” Rin says before pulling out the dagger in Luke’s chest only to cut his own wrist with it. “Open your mouth,” Rin said as he put his bleeding wrist over Luke’s mouth. Luke trusted him and opened his mouth and drank his blood. All the wounds on Luke’s body disappeared in a matter of seconds and Luke was no longer at death's door.

“Wha..bu..but how!?” Luke asked. “My blood is pretty much an all healing elixir, make sure to not tell anyone about this,” Rin said nonchalantly. Luke could only look at Rin with a wry smile. ‘Only he could act like something death defying is normal’ Luke thought to himself. Though he could not do anything else as he was hugged by a crying Annabeth. Thalia on the side could only smile at Annabeth crying like a child, completely ignoring the tears she shed just a few seconds earlier.

“Wait, how are you guys here so quickly?” Luke asked. Annabeth and Thalia both looked at Rin, seeing if they could tell him. ‘He was willing to kill himself rather than be used by the enemy to protect those he loved, I can trust him’ Rin thought before responding to their looks. “I am going to let you in on the secret about me,” Rin said to him. Rin then had a serious look. Luke, seeing Rin, of all people, being serious realized that what he was going to say was important.

Rin with the help of Thalia and Annabeth started to explain about how he was reincarnated, going to travel to different places, how they were both his lovers, how he has a pocket world, etc. Luke at first could not believe it but then he saw Rin open a portal and led him to a completely different world that was so beautiful that he thought he actually died and was in heaven. Luke then vowed that he would die before telling Rin’s secrets.

“So what do we do now, you guys are a whole week early and if we go back now then it will be suspicious as they do not know how we got here so quickly,” Luke reasoned. Rin was looking at Luke with a surprised look. “What, is there still blood on my face?” Luke asked, wiping his cheek. “No, it is just I am surprised you said something reasonable for once, it seems that being around Charlotte is helping you in more ways than one,” Rin said. Luke then looked hurt at such accusations. Though he could only see Annabeth and Thalia nodding at Rin’s word.

They would then just spend a whole week either playing around, resting, or even telling some stories about their pasts. Luke loved to talk about how he and his mom would spend their time, though it soon turned dark as he started to talk about how she got sick and could not do much of anything these days. Rin then told him that whenever Luke is free, to take him to his mother and he can heal her. 

Alice was also able to show Rin what she was doing with his sensing ability. She was recording the whole thing that happened on top of the mountain. Rin then smiled as he thought of how Charlotte was going to react to the whole video. Luke on the other hand was wondering if someone was plotting against him again.

44