Chapter 47: Basketball – Luke Vs. Rin
1.5k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed since the wedding and everyone was enjoying teasing Luke and Charlotte about having kids already. Even Luke’s mom came around to tell Luke to give her grandchildren already. Though she decided to stay with the Oracle.

Though she did go and thank Rin for saving her son from dying. Though she could only leave blushing from how gentlemanly Rin was being to her. He would compliment her and also make her feel like she was a young woman again. The next day Luke visited Rin and told him to make sure he does not treat her badly. Rin could only nervously laugh at his implication.

Though currently they were going on a mission to stop a monster that was hunting humans near a high school. Rin had stood by and let Annabeth get some experience instead of one shooting the monster.

When they found the monster, it was in a basketball course sleeping. It had a small head with two clear white eyes, he was extremely tall with long arms, and claws on the end of each arm. Annabeth quickly went forward and did a sneak attack though the monster woke up right in time to barely dodge Annabeth’s attack. The monster then swung its arm in a wide attack. Annabeth quickly rolled to the side barely dodging the attack.

Annabeth ran to the monster with a dagger in hand. The monster had trouble hitting her as she was too close for his big arms. The monster then opened its mouth, showing the tentacles it uses to eat its prey. Annabeth did not panic and waited until its head was low enough for her to jump on top of it. She then proceeded to stab the monster in the eyes. The monster had tried to grab Annabeth from its head but did not succeed as Annabeth had already jumped off. She then closed her eyes and seemed to be concentrating. “Pyr Shier,” She said, opening her eyes showing a small red glow in them.

A ball of fire soon appeared in her hand and she aimed at the head of the monster. The fireball hit dead on and soon the monster’s head was lit on fire. It soon died due to its brain melting. Annabeth did a cute jump with her arm outstretched seeing she did it. Rin smiled as he told Alice to take a picture for him.

Everyone else was looking at her with surprised looks. Annabeth just looked at them with a shy smile. “What is everyone looking at me for?” Annabeth asked, from all of the attention.

“What did you just do?” Charlotte asked. “I killed the Trell,” Annabeth said as if it was obvious. “I meant that fireball thing,” Charlotte clarified. “Oh that was magic I learned from Rin,” Annabeth said as if it was nothing important. Everybody looked towards Rin.

Thalia on the other hand looked hurt. “How come you didn’t teach me magic?!” Thalia asked. “I did give your tempest which allows you to awaken your magic element did I not?” Rin asked. Thalia then blushed as she just remembered her weapon could do that.

Thalia then proceeds to bring out Tempest and look at Rin. “Close your eyes and chant Frei Mana,” Rin explained to Thalia. Thalia followed his instructions and closed her eyes. “Frei Mana,” she said. Soon lightning started to crackle all around her but it soon died down. Gales of wind and rain took its place but soon died down as well.

After nothing else took place Rin smiled. “It seems you have an affinity for lightning, wind, and water magic,” Rin explained the meaning for what just happened. Thalia opened her eyes with stars in them. “So does that mean I can do magic now?” Thalia asked, excited. “You must first practice your control over your mana, magic, and learn the spells in the department of your attribute,” Rin explained.

Thalia was still very excited about being able to do magic. “Annabeth, can you give some of the books of magic over lightning, wind, and water to Thalia to learn?’ Rin asked Annabeth. “Of course!” Annabeth said, excited to be a teacher.

“Well enough talk about magic, Rin, how about we play a game of basketball?” Luke asked. “You sure you want to lose that badly?” Rin said. He was not arrogant as he had long ago learned his buff to win games even affects real life games like soccer and football. Though he was able to lessen the effect to at least 1,000% so he would still defeat his opponents but they would still be able to put up some resistance, albeit small.

“I got three years of experience and the body advantage,” Luke said, still thinking he had a chance. RIn just shrugged his shoulders at the beating his friend was going to get. Luke got the basketball and dribbled it for a bit of warmup. All of the girls went to the side and sat in the bleachers.

They started at the middle of the court and Luke, being confident, decided to give Rin the first turn. Though he was quickly shut up as Rin just grabbed the ball with one hand, jumped, and shot the ball at the hoop. Luke could only look in disbelief as the ball made it inside the hoop touching nothing but net.

Luke then had a serious face on as he realized it would be a hard fight. They were going to 15 but Rin had already had 3 points. Luke got the ball and started to run and dribble to Rin’s basket. Though when he ran by Rin, he realized that Rin did not move but instead felt like he had lost something. He then looked down at his hands only to realize that the ball was not there and looked back at Rin only to see him make another half court shot.

Luke was in disbelief as he knew what he was going to lose. Charlotte in the bleachers saw this and quickly got up. “Come on Luke, You got this!!” she said while doing cheerleader poses. Luke seemed to go super saiyan at the sight of Charlotte's cheering and grabbed the ball so tight it would have popped.

Luke then dashed forward at breakneck speed. Rin had tried to stop Luke but nothing could stop a husband who was cheered on by his wife. Luke then jumped higher than humanly possible and dunked the ball. 

Thalia and Annabeth seeing what happened decided to do some cheering themselves. “Come on Rin, you got this!!” They both yelled with all their strength. Rin smiled and looked at Luke with an apologetic face.

“Sorry but it seems I got to win no matter what now,” Rin said as he grabbed the ball and shot a full court shot, hitting nothing but net. When Luke had barely even started to dribble before Rin had appeared on top of his hoop, scoring another 2 points.

This time Luke tried to make a full court shot before Rin could get it. Rin just smirked as he jumped and intercepted the ball midair and shooting at lukes hoop, scoring another three points bringing him to a total of 14 points.

Luke went into overdrive mode and rushed Rin. When he got near Rin, he threw it over head and dashed around Rin. He then caught it and ran towards the hoop. He then jumped once again and slammed dunked it. 

Rin just chuckled and grabbed the ball. He then rushed at Luke with the ball. Luke was ready to block everything but was too stiff as Rin smiled evilly already knowing what to do. He rushes fast to the right but stops abruptly. Luke, trying to follow Rin tightly, stumbled on his feet. Rin then dashed to his left and ran up and dunked the ball.

A loud horn sounded off, signifying the end of the game. Luke was down at how the game ended but Charlotte quickly cheered him up. “You did great!!” she said. Her words had confused Luke.

“But I lost,” Luke said. “Yes but you actually scored some points,” Charlotte explained. “No one has been able to score a point against him in any game,” Charlotte further explained. Luke seemed to take pride to be the first one to ever score against Rin as he knew how strong he was.

Rin just laughs to himself as they do not know about his unbeatable buff.

41