Chapter 58: The Lotus Casino
1.4k 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rin drove for around 3 hours and arrived in front of an Inn. “Welcome To The Lotus Casino And Inn” is what it said. “Let’s get some rest in here, and if you want you can play a few games,” Rin said to everyone. Everyone cheered at being able to play some games and even looking at each other competitively.

When everyone reached the Entrance Rin activated his Kaminun and set a time chain right where they were so when they leave the Casino only one day would pass and nothing more. 

Right after we entered a woman came up to them and dragged them into an elevator. “Nice to meet you, here are the cards you all have ordered,” she said before giving each of them a gold card. Everyone except Rin was confused but did not say anything.

When the doors to the elevator opened everyone quickly went to the games they wanted to play. Annabeth was busy beating all the high scores on all of the puzzle games and she did not play Architect this time as Rin gave her that game as a gift a long time ago. She nearly broke all of the high scores but Charlotte came around and started beating her high scores. This led to a battle between the two which Annabeth was slightly winning. Luke was unluckily pulled into this battle and had to be the judge.

Thalia was playing some fighting games, destroying some punch machines, and even wrestling the biggest guys in the whole place. Grover was playing a game where he was shooting Rednecks left and right. He was even able to get the highest score on it. Percy was just swimming in the pool and sliding down many of the water slides inside.

Rin was walking around and spotted two people. A teenage girl with brown hair, slightly tanned skin, pitch black eyes, and some freckles lightly dotted under her eyes. Next to her was a little boy with pitch black hair, pale white skin, and the same pitch black eyes.

The little boy was playing an exotic card game. Rin walks towards them. The girl sees Rin walking towards them and stands in front of the boy protectively. Rin just raises his hands and smiles to show he means no harm. Seeing how Rin was not showing any sign of hostility, the girl steps back a bit.

Rin then slowly walks up to them. “Hello, sorry if I scared you but I was just interested in that card game you were playing,” he said to the boy. “Why this card game, there are many more card games near the bar?” the girl asked before the boy could say anything. “Because I have already played all of these games and have already beaten them,” Rin told them.

This time the boy was in disbelief. “There is no way you have beaten every game, that is impossible!” the boy said. “You want to bet?” Rin asked. The boy did not back down and just nodded. Rin then signaled for them to follow.

They then followed Rin for a whole hour as he was able to beat 30 games in that time. The last game was a Mortal Kombat game. He had chosen Scorpion and instead of going the teleport skill set like everyone else, he chose the bladed chain skill set. His opponent was some buff guy who seemed to have played this game and is the best player of this game. His opponent chose Sub Zero, and chose the Iceberg Environment skill set.

“You chose the worst skill set for Scorpion, I guess this will be an easy win,” the guy said haughtily. Rin just smiled at his words.

When the game started, Scorpion threw out his bladed chain stabbing Sub Zero in the arm. Scorpion then rushed up and wrapped Sub Zero’s arm with the bladed chain, all of the blades stabbing into his arms. Scorpion then runs past Sub Zero pulling his chain with him, completely shredding up his arm. This barely did 5% of his health but this activated Scorpions ability, whenever his chain is completely covered in blood, his attacks do double the damage and also do fire damage but only a few moves actually activate this ability.

Sub Zero quickly froze the ground. This would have affected many of the other characters but Scorpion has always had one signature move. Scorpion throws both of his chains at Sub Zero and gives his iconic quote “Get over here!”

Sub Zero was then pulled to Scorpion and was sliced up from the chains. This would have done a total of 15% of his health but thanks to Scorpion’s ability it actually did a total of 30% and left Sub Zero with a burn effect which would take a total amount of 10% Hp over the next five seconds.

Before Sub Zero could do anything Scorpion had jumped and launched his bladed chains at Sub Zero’s legs. They completely pierced them, Scorpion then pulled himself and kicked him in the face. This move can usually only be done when they are practically underneath Scorpion but it repays with high damage. The damage would have originally done 25% of his health but with Scorpion’s ability in action, the damage is actually 50% of his health and left him with a burn effect that would take away the last 5% of his health in the next five seconds.

Rin’s opponent could only watch as his health slowly drained to nothing. They were also playing a singular match so Rin already saw the Finish him screen.

Scorpion then wrapped one of his bladed chains around Sub Zero’s neck. He then walks a step back before pulling the chain. The chain then closed in on Sub Zero’s neck before completely severing it. Sub Zero’s head went flying into the air before Scorpion caught it. Scorpion then pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and puts it into Sub Zero’s mouth before snapping his fingers right next to the cig, lighting it up. Then the word “Humiliation” in big red letters. It could only pop up when someone takes no damage, finishes the fight in less than 30 seconds and do a brutality.

Rin smiled while everyone else who was watching was frozen in shock. “You see, I have beaten everyone in these games,” Rin said with a smile. The girl could only look away with a small blush visible on her face. Rin just chuckled at her actions. “So you're up for a game?” He said looking at the boy. The boy's eyes shined as he saw Rin’s strength in games.

They both sit down at a table. The boy puts down a small board with a few boxes meant for cards. “Well this is a bit overdue, but my name is Rin,” Rin introduced himself and stretched out his hand. “My name is Nico, and this is my sister Bianca,” Nico says before shaking his hand. 

“Okay, let me explain the rules of the game, Mythomagic,” Nico said. “Every player can only have up to 75 cards but some cards will get higher damage if the deck count is lower,” Nico explained. “Each player starts with 2,500 health, some fighters can give you more health, but enemy fighters can attack you, and if your health reaches 0 you lose,” Nico said.

“There are 5 slots for 5 fighters in front, if any of the three slots in the middle are occupied by a fighter then the player cannot take any damage,” Nico continued. “There are three types of spell cards, active, player rigged, fighter rigged, and sometimes they are two spells in one,” Nicon continued. “Active can only be used during a player's turn, player rigged can only be activated when the player is under attack, fighter rigged can only be activated when a fighter is being attacked,” Nico explained.

“The game will start and each player will both draw 6 cards and can draw one card each turn,” Nico continued. “We will flip a coin to see who goes first,” Nico said. “The player going first can only place down one fighter and cannot attack on the first turn but can still activate special abilities on fighters,” Nico said. “The player going second can place down the maximum number of fighters if they want to and can attack as much as they want but most fighters can only attack once, unless they had a special ability that said otherwise,” Nico said. “Now those are the basics but that is the most of it,” Nico finished. 

Rin smiled and was ready for the game. “Let’s start.”


A/N: Sorry for not being able to update last week so here these three chapters to make up for it. If you have any questions for the mythomagic rules I made up just ask. I will be trying to update another 2 chapters tomorrow.

29