Chapter 62: Returning The Master Bolt
1.3k 12 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was lightning striking all around the plane but not one was able to hit the airplane. Though Rin could have sworn he saw a lightning bolt strike some guy holding a rake at the sky.

Soon they landed at the New York Airport. They were walking out only to see a lightning bolt strike down towards Percy. Percy raised his arms to block it but nothing happened. He then saw Rin holding the lightning bolt with his hands and soon throwing it back.

“He is being really annoying trying to kill my friend,” Rin said with some annoyance. Though the clouds crackled with lightning in response. Rin just ignored it and brought out his Lambo. Everyone just got in and started to drive towards the empire state building.

When they finally reached it, Rin said Percy was the only one going with him. Everyone would have disagreed but when they saw Rin win against Ares, they believed he can handle himself but this didn’t help Thalia and Annabeth be less nervous.

Rin and Percy walked up to the front desk. The guard was reading a newspaper about an explosion at a power plant. He did not even notice Rin and Percy until they rang the bell really loudly.

“What do you brats want?” the guard said, annoyed. “We need to have an audience with Lord Zeus regarding this,” Rin said as he pulled the Master Bolt out of the backpack. When the guard saw the Master Bolt, he quickly fumbled through his desk and grabbed a golden key card. “Place this in the security slot when no one else is in the elevator with you guys,” the guard explained.

Rin and Percy both got into the elevator and did what the guard said. Soon the card disappeared and a button labeled the 600th floor appeared.

When the elevator doors opened, Percy’s jaw almost fell to the floor. Rin just looked at it but was not as shocked as Ohane was way more beautiful than this entire place.

They then walked down the path until they made it to the throne room. Percy was still surprised at how beautiful Olympus was. Rin just looked at the 12 thrones, 4 of which were occupied.

Zeus, the Lord of the Gods, wore a dark blue pinstripe suit. He sat on a simple throne of solid platinum though with some lightning running through it. He had a well-trimmed beard, marbled gray and black like a storm cloud. His face was proud and handsome and grim, his eyes rainy gray, as if looking at a cloud about to rain.

Next to him was Poseidon, the god of the sea. He wore leather sandals, khaki Bermuda shorts, and a Tommy Bahama shirt with coconuts and parrots all over it. It was quite a surprising taste for a god. His skin was deeply tanned, his hands scarred like an old-time fisherman's. His hair was black, his eyes, sea-green like Percy’s and were surrounded by sun-crinkles that showed he smiled a lot. The throne he was sitting on was just a normal deep-sea fisherman's chair. Though what was unique about it, was the Trident in the fishing pole holder.

A few thrones down there was a man in a glowing robe. He had blonde hair, yellow eyes, and tanned skin that came from sitting out in the sun for hours. He also had a harp in his hands but there also seemed to be a golden bow on his back. This man was Apollo who was looking at Rin with a smile and even covertly waved at him.

Though surprised, Rin was the woman sitting right next to Apollo. She had luscious silver hair, and strong silver eyes. She was wearing a silver dress and had a bow on her back. This woman was his mother Artemis. Though what truly surprised him was that Artemis was wearing a small earring on her left ear.

Artemis had never worn jewelry before as she thought it would get in the way of her hunting. This earring was a simple silver star with a small gem in it, though this gem was very beautiful as it was a Staom Ore, which can only appear when a moon and star collide. It looks as if there's an entire galaxy trapped inside. The other great thing about this ore was that it would release stardust every night, which helps the owner strengthen their bodies.

The other gods did not notice as it was tiny, and she had it mostly hidden behind her hair. When her eyes and Rin’s connected, Rin could see the longing and love in them. Though she quickly turned her head to the side and pushed the hair on her left side behind her ear showing off her earring. Rin could easily tell she was trying to look good for Rin as she was even tentatively looking at Rin to see his reaction.

Rin showed a loving smile at her and she blushed heavily but had a smile on her face. Only Apollo was able to see such a smile on her and could only shake his head. ‘At least you finally found someone you love, lil sis’ Apollo thought to himself with a chuckle.

Percy and Rin finally walked up to Zeus and Poseidon's thrones. Percy knelt in front of Poseidon. “Father,” Percy said. “Lords,” Rin said right after and slightly lowered his head. Zeus was slightly annoyed at Percy greeting Poseidon before him but seeing Rin’s actions made him enraged.

“You dare not kneel in front of me!” Zeus said loudly. Rin was not affected by this at all and instead looked at Zeus straight in the eyes. “I kneel to no one,” Rin said. Zeus had anger written all over his face and even raised his hand before he was interrupted.

“Father, do not strike him down as he had stopped a war from starting AND brought back your master bolt AND helped figure out who was the traitor AND figure out who was corrupting the mind of said traitor,” Artemis said with dark eyes, showing if Zeus messed with Rin, she would be the first to attack him.

Zeus could only look away in embarrassment as what Artemis said was true. “Nevermind, I will let your impertinence slide this time,” Zeus said. Poseidon and Percy were having a hard time trying not to laugh before Zeus looked towards them, making them stop.

Rin hands the backpack to Percy who then kneels in front of Zeus presenting the Master Bolt. Zeus holds out his hand and the Bolt flies to his hand. “I must wash off the mortal taint after you touched it,” Zeus said pettily. He then disappeared in a flash of lightning.

Poseidon then started to speak to Percy about something but Rin chose to lower his hearing so as to not barge in on the father and son having a moment. Soon Poseidon left by turning into a hurricane.

Percy walked back to Rin with a smile on his face. “Hey, Percy, can you go on ahead without me? I have to talk to Artemis and Apollo about something important,” Rin said. Percy looked back and saw the twin gods looking at Rin. Percy just nodded and walked out of the throne room.

Rin then turns towards Artemis and Apollo but he is soon tackled by a blur of silver. Rin could only look at his chest as Artemis looked at him with teary and longing eyes. “Why did you never visit?” Artemis asked. “Because I did not want to take any chances of getting caught and you being punished,” Rin said caringly. Artemis then looked at Rin’s eyes and realized what her feelings for Rin were.

Artemis grabbed Rin’s head and made him look at her. She then put her lips on his. Rin was surprised but did not back down and softly returned her kiss. Artemis then tried to cutely enter Rin’s mouth with her tongue but was inexperienced and ended up licking Rin’s lip. When she realized she failed she stopped kissing and turned her head and pouted at her failure.

Rin smiled at her cute actions and grabbed her chin. He then kissed her deeply and made sure to guide her tongue. Artemis froze for a second but quickly melted into the kiss. Apollo could only sigh at the actions of the two lovers.

When they finally separated, Artemis gasped for air and weakly fell into Rin’s arm with a small smile. “I have loved you for so long but I did not understand what my feelings were, and now that I do I can finally say this,” Artemis said with a smile on her face. “I am in love with you Rin,” she said.

Rin smiled and kissed her lips. “I love you too Artemis,” Rin said lovingly. Artemis could only hide her face in Rin’s chest so he doesn’t see the love struck smile one her face. Rin just held his arms around her.

“Finally, it took you 3 years to finally realize your love, huh sister,” Apollo teased. Though he quickly got ready to run when she saw Artemis’s hand reach for her bow.

“I got something better than shooting him,” Rin said as he pulled out his phone and showed a picture of Apollo in a ballerina dress with make up on and even in a pose. Artemis absolutely lost it. Apollo could only turn towards the door. “I got to go, my mind is in pain,” Apollo said before disappearing in a burst of sunlight. “But isn’t he a god?” Rin sarcastically jokes. Artemis chuckled at his words.

They then continue to catch up before Rin has to leave. Artemis even tries to keep him there but instead he taps her earring and gives it the ability to enter Ohane. He then explained everything about Ohane.

“Though I have to tell you that I have multiple lovers,” Rin said. “Yes I know and I am ok sharing with Hestia, Annabeth, and Thalia,” Artemis said as she knew many strong men or women usually have multiple spouses. “Thank you for understanding,” Rin says and kisses her.

Rin then says bye to Artemis and leaves Olympus. He then finds Percy waiting at the entrance for him. They then enter the Lambo and tell everyone what happened. They soon drive to Camp Half Blood.

Everyone threw a party though what was mainly surprising was the interaction between Clarisse and Percy. Clarisse was telling Percy better not lose to anyone before she beats him. Percy just tells her that she lost pretty badly last time they fought and how she thinks she has a chance. They then walked outside and fought it out with each other before Chiron. Everyone just enjoyed their time and enjoyed the stories from the group.

Though Thalia looked sad and worried while looking at a calendar which had a certain day circled with the words saying Birthday.

35