To adventures!
113 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And what are the advantages of a catamaran?" Arthum asks while eating some cured pork, really good stuff.

Bigeyes is looking at the meat with wonder, but he still explains "the ship is short underwater, we are very fast, and the deck is more stable." the gnoll answers.

Arthum has only named him so far, but he will name all of them later, but Bigeyes, as his name says has large eyes, and speaks much better than the other ones, so Arthum is with him the most.

He nods, speed and space are good advantages, "being short underwater is good?" He does not know anything about ships. Right now, they are sailing to the shores of his old lands. Until then, he is speaking with his good gnoll.

"Shallow waters are accessible with thiss ship." the monster says. 

Arthum trows him a piece of meat. "That makes sense" he gets up, "Well so can you wake me up when we are close to our destination?"

The gnoll replys with a nod.


On port city Suru-

A tall man comes to our ship. "This is the strangest vessel I ever put my eyes on" he looks around, he seems startled the most of the crew are gnoll and his eyes stop on me. "Are you the captain?"

Arthum smiles and shake his head "No sir, im the owner, Arthum Bornagain" he stands his hands to the man.

The tall man has a bushy mustache, he also extends his hand for a shake "Corniel, the dockmaster. It is a pleasure to have you here, sir. Should I send a messenger to our lord?"

Arthum was expecting to be taken as noble, he didn't correct the man. "There is no need, I'm on a fast passage to the north! But i have good accommodations for a passenger and interest in your slave market."

The dock master nod his head. "I will discover if any person of means wish to travel up north on your vessel. Until then, you can follow this boy here to our slave market." he looks at my gnolls, and swallows. "Your...servants will stay on the vessel?"

Arthum never had a slave before, is there any law he never was explained in the matters of slaves? "Why?"

He smiles, "I just think it is curious choice of... servants that you have, but none of them are marked, sir." 

Arthum understand now. The slave branding. "They are firmly controlled, dockmaster"

The man nods, and they keep on their way. 

The boy and Arthum have some small talk, until they find the slave market. It is the biggest Arthum has ever sawn, since his village only receive visit from the caravans. He enters one of the tents. The most distinctive one.

The boy is wait outside.

Two males and a girl are inside.

One of them, a bit more fat, points at the girl. "Orthum, be more fair, by beauty alone she is worth 60 gold coins!"

The other man just shake is head. "My final offer is 45 and a promise to find her a good master. I can't go further, you know I will have to care for her for at least a year." his eyes find Arthum. "Friend, please wait for just a moment." 

Arthum smiles and approach the group. "I could not stop my self from listening." the man frown a bit, and the slaver keep on his neutral face. "Can I ask the girls abilities?" Arthum, need to learn languages and how to read and write, he wants a slave teacher, but the girl here is very beautiful, and he has a chest full of coins.

 

2